Choices: Subduction Sea-floor Spreading Uplift Convection 1. Identify the different processes shown: A D C B
2. The process occurring at A is 3. The process occurring at B is 4. The material at C is
5. What process is happening at A? 6. What landform is made at B? B A
7. What is the Volcano Type? A. Sunset Crater, AZ B. Mt. Hood, OR C. Kahoolawe, HI
8. Which volcano would most likely have slow lava flows of basalt?
9. Which Rock has a fine-grained texture? 10. Which rock cooled slowly? 11. Which rock has visible crystals? BA
12. Which plate is the Pacific Plate? 13. How can you tell the Pacific Plate from the others? A B C D E A F
1. A. UpliftB. ConvectionC. Sea-floor Spreading D. Subduction 2. Weathering 3. Erosion 4. Magma 5. New ocean floor is made at Mid-Ocean Ridge (Sea Floor Spreading) 6. Ocean Trench 7. A. Cinder ConeB. Composite (Strato-) C. Shield 8. Shield 9. B 10. A 11. A 12. A 13. The “Ring of Fire” – many earthquakes and volcanoes around edge ANSWERS