Background story After Deborah’s death who was the great judge, the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord and God gave them into the hands of the Midianites for seven years. In verse 8-10 God pointed out their sins.
Who is Gideon? Gedeon means "Destroyer," "Mighty warrior,“ Gideon is the son of Joash, from the Abiezrite clan in the tribe of Manasseh.
1. What were his Characters and what kind of life he was living before the angel of the LORD visited him?
2. Why do you think God calls this weak man? Why do you think God calls him “Mighty Warrior”? Do you think you are and can be the “Mighty Warrior”?
3. What was God’s first direction for Gideon and why? What are the things we should break like Baal and Asherah?
4. What were the secret principles that Gideon earned the victory?
4. What were the secret principles that Gideon earn the victory? (Humblness, overcoming fear, restraining themserlves, practical Faith,)
5. Let’s think about his humbleness after great victory.
5. Let’s think about his humbleness after great victory. (Embracing other tribe, refusing to be a king of Israel(22,23))
6.Let’s think about his mistakes. (1. He made the gold into an ephod that only priest can wear. 1700 shekels 19.38 kg around $ 40,000 he broke idol but now he made an idol again) 2. He had many wives and concubine Abimelek who killed his 69 half borthers(Jug9))