Presentation on theme: "Total Mixed Ration (TMR) for Dairy Cows Dr. István HULLÁR associate professor (2010)"— Presentation transcript:
Total Mixed Ration (TMR) for Dairy Cows Dr. István HULLÁR associate professor (2010)
TMR - Mixture of forages, roughages, grains, extr. meals, supplements, etc., - fed according to the total daily requirements of production groups.
Control of the TMR TASK Check the following TMR whether it is sufficient for the following dairy cow. STEPS of Solution 1. Data Sheet - TMR, - data regarding the dairy cow; 2. Nutrient Requirements 3. Nutrient Content of the TMR 4. Evaluation (requirements vs. TMR), Corrections.
Control of the TMR 1. Data Sheet - TMR meadow hay (average): 5.0 kg, corn silage (predough stage):15.5 kg sunflower meal extr. (average): 2.6 kg, CCM (Corn Cob Mix): 8.4 kg; - Data regarding the dairy cow W: 580 kg, milk production: 25 kg/day, milk protein: 3.2%, milk fat: 3.5%, 2nd lactation.
Calculation of the Requirements 2. Nutrient Requirements 2.1. DMI: 2-3% of the W (580 kg) = kg/day, 2.2. CF: 18-23% of the DM content of TMR.
Calculation of the Requirements 2. Nutrient Requirements 2.3. Maintenance Energy reqirement NE l = *W 0.75 = * = * = MJ/day; Protein requirement MP = 3.41*W 0.75 = 3.41* = 403 g/day; Ca requirement: 44*0.001*W = g/day; P requirement: 34*0.001*W = g/day.
Calculation of the Requirements 2. Nutrient Requirements 2.3. Maintenance Correction 1st lactation: +20% of the total maintenance req.; 2nd lactation: +10% of the total maintenance req. (see later); 2.4. Milk Production Energy reqirement NE l = *milk fat% = *3.5 = 2.88 MJ/kg milk; 25 kg milk: 25*2.88 = MJ/day.
Calculation of the Requirements 2. Nutrient Requirements 2.4. Milk Production Protein requirement MP = milk protein (g)/0.65 = 32/0.65 = 49 g/kg milk; 25 kg milk: 25*49 = 1225 g/day Ca requirement: 2.8 g/kg milk; 25 kg milk = 25*2.8 = g/day; P requirement: 1.7 g/kg milk; 25 kg milk: 25*1.7 = g/day.
2. Requirements Sum of the Requirements DMCFNE l MPCaP (kg)(g)(MJ) (g)(g) (g) Maintenance % kg milk TOTAL % of DM
3. Nutrient Content of the TMR DMCFNE l MPEMPNCaP Feeds(kg)(g)(MJ) (g) (g) (g)(g) 5.0 kg hay kg silage kg sunfl kg CCM TOTAL Which MP value is valid?
4. Evaluation, Corrections RequirementsTMREvaluation DM, kg O.K. CF, g 18-23% of the DM 3.188/17.39*100 = 18.33% O.K. Other Nutrients The tolerable difference between the requirement and the TMR: the rquirement of 2 kg milk ( ).
4. Evaluation, Corrections Corrections Types of Ca and P supplements NameCa (g)P (g) Limestone380 - AP AP Phylafor AP-IV 17170
4. Evaluation, Corrections Corrections 1. Correction of the P deficiency by AP-IV: 1000 g AP-IV contains170 g P x g AP-IV contains 7.76 g P x = 7.76/170*1000 = g AP-IV 2. Calculation of the amount of Ca given by AP-IV: 1000 g AP-IV contains17 g Ca g AP-IV contains x g Ca x = 45.65/1000*17 = 0.78 g Ca.
4. Evaluation, Corrections Corrections 3. Calculation of the Ca deficiency remained: – 0.78 = g; 4. Correction of the Ca deficiency by limestone: 1000 g limestone contains380 g Ca x g limestone contains g Ca x = 48.07/380*1000 = g limestone.
4. Evaluation, Corrections Final Evaluation - DM, CF, NE l, and MP content of the TMR are O.K.; - but g AP-IV and g limestone supplementations are required.