Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Gait Cycle 1. Phase of Gate cycle Stance Phase (%60) Swing Phase (%40) Single support (%80) Double support (20%) 2.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Gait Cycle 1. Phase of Gate cycle Stance Phase (%60) Swing Phase (%40) Single support (%80) Double support (20%) 2."— Presentation transcript:

1 Gait Cycle 1

2 Phase of Gate cycle Stance Phase (%60) Swing Phase (%40) Single support (%80) Double support (20%) 2

3 3

4 Event of Stance Phase 4 Heel contact or Heel strike heel of the leading extremity strikes the ground In abnormal gait, toe or whole foot may come to contact (initial contact) Foot flat when the foot is flat on the ground (about 7% of gait cycle Mid stance body weight is directly over foot extremity (30% of gait cycle) Heel off heel leaves the ground (about 40% of the gait cycle). Toe of the toe leaves the ground (about 60% of the gait cycle.

5 5

6 6

7 7

8 8

9 9

10 Subphases of Stance Phase 1- Heel strike phase (T) begins with initial contact and ends with foot flat and occupies only a small percentage of the gait cycle 2-Loading response (RLA) begins at initial contact and ends when the contralateral limb lifts off the ground at the end of the double-support (11% of the gait cycle) 10

11 4- Terminal stance (RLA) begins when the body is directly over the supporting limb at about 30% of the gait cycle and ends a point just before initial contact of the contralateral extremity at about 50% of the gait cycle. 5- Push-off phase (T) begins with heel-off at about 40% of the gait cycle and ends with toe-off at about 60% of the gait cycle 11 Subphases of Stance Phase

12 6-Preswing (RLA) is the last 10% of stance phase and begins with initial contact of the contralateral foot (at 50% of the gait cycle) and ends with toe-off (at 60%). 12 Subphases of Stance Phase

13 3- Midstance phase (T) (T) begins with foot flat at 7% of the gait cycle and ends with heel-off at about 40% of the gait cycle. Midstance phase (RLA) begins when the contralateral extremity lifts off the ground at about 11% of the gait cycle and ends when the body is directly over the supporting limb at about 30% of the gait cycle, Smaller compared to T 13 Subphases of Stance Phase

14 14


Download ppt "Gait Cycle 1. Phase of Gate cycle Stance Phase (%60) Swing Phase (%40) Single support (%80) Double support (20%) 2."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google