2Tempos Verbais Simple present Simple past Simple past Past perfect Tempo originalMuda paraSimple presentSimple pastSimple pastPast perfectPresent perfectPast perfectSimple futureConditional
3Pronomes pessoais, adjetivos possessivos he, she (conforme o sujeito)IyouI, we (conforme o sujeito)wetheymyhis, her, your (conforme o possuidor)yourmy, our (conforme o possuidor)ourtheir
4She said: I see you .She said (that) she saw me .She said: I saw you .She said (that) she had seen me .She said: I have seen you .She said (that) she had seen me .She said: I will see you .She said (that) she would see me .
5Objeto indireto(após o verbo introdutório)She said to me : I see you .She told me (that) she saw me .She said to me : I saw you .She told me (that) she had seen me .She said to me : I have seen you .She told me (that) she had seen me .She said to me : I will see you .She told me (that) she would see me .
6askPerguntaswant to knowwonderHe said: Where is your son ?He asked where my son was .She said: What happened to Paul ?She asked what had happened to Paul .She said: When will you arrive ?She asked when I would arrive .
7If and whetherHe said : Do you know my wife ?He asked if (whether) I knew his wife .She said : Have you gone to France ?She asked if (whether) I had gone to France .Daddy said : Are you a good student ?Daddy asked if (whether) I were a good student.
8tellaskImperativoorderwarnHe said to Peter : Open the door !He told Peter to open the door !He said to Peter : Don’t open the door !He told Peter not to open the door !
9Advérbios de tempo e pronomes demonstrativos thatthisthosetheseheretherethen, at that momentnowtoday.that day
10yesterdaytomorrownext (week, month)last (week, month)(a year, two days) ago.the day beforethe following (day)the following (week, month)the previous (week, month)(a year, two days) before.
11Examples:Paul said to us , “I will not stay here now” .Paul told us (that) he would not stay there then .I said to Mary , “Don’t tell anybody you have been here ”.I asked Mary not to tell anybody she had been there.She said to me , “Will you come again tomorrow ? ”She asked me if I would come again the following day .
12Reescreva as afirmativas abaixo no discurso indireto. a) My friend said to me, “Don’t forget to answer Peter’s letter”.My friend told me not to forget to answer Peter’s letter.b) Peter said to her, “Why have you been studying so hard ?”Peter asked her why she had been studying so hard.c)George said, “I believe I saw her last night”.George said he believed he had seen her the night before .
13d) Alice said to Peter, “Why don’t you help me ?” Alice asked Peter why he didn’t help her.e) They said to John, “Did our dog bite your sister yesterday ?”They asked John whether their dog had bitten his sister the day before .f) He said to his niece, “Where are you taking your bike now ?“He asked his niece where she was taking her bike then .
14g) She said, “Do people speak English in this country ? “ She asked if people spoke English in that country.h) She said to us, “Be ready today”.She told us to be ready that day.i) She said to the children, “Don’t play in the garden .She told the children not to play in the garden.
15x Test 1 (Fuvest) - Assinale a alternativa que equivale ao seguinte: Suddenly Peter said to me, "Are you hungry ?"a) Suddenly Peter said that I was hungry.b) Suddenly Peter told me that I was hungry.c) Suddenly Peter asked if he were hungry.d) Suddenly Peter asked me whether I were hungry.e) Peter informed me that he was hungry.x
16x Test 2 (Mackenzie) - Change the sentence to the Reported Speech: Sally said to me, "Do you know what time it is ?"a) Sally asked me if I knew what time it was.b) Sally told me whether she knew what time it was.c) Sally asked me whether she know what time it is.d) Sally asked me if I know what time it is.e) Sally told me if I knew what time was it.x
17Test 3(UFRG) - Considere a frase: If you don't feed your Tamagotchi, it will die.Escolha a melhor opção para reescrevê-la, começando com “She told me that ...”a) if I won't feed my Tamagotchi, it would die.b) if you didn't feed your Tamagotchi, it had died.c) if I didn't feed my Tamagotchi, it would have died.d) if I didn't feed my Tamagotchi, it would die.e) if you haven't fed your Tamagotchi, it will have died.x
18x Test 4 (PUC – PR) - Choose the correct indirect form for: Oliver said to her: "What will you do tomorrow ?"a) He asked her what she would do the following day.b) He told her what she would do the following day.c) She wondered what he will do the next day.d) He wanted to know what he would do the following day.e) She asked what she would do the next day.x
19Test 5(Mackenzie) - A forma indireta de “Would you like to go out tonight ?" é:a) He asked her if she would have liked to go out tonight.b) He asked if would she like to go out that night.c) He asked whether she'd like to go out that night.d) He asked whether she had liked to go out that night.e) He asked if she'd liked to go out tonight.x
211. (FMU) – Then he said to me: “Go to bed and don’t get up till you are called.” a)Then he told me not to go to bed and not to get up till I am called.b)Then he told me to go to bed and not to get up till I was called.c)Then he said to me to go to bed and not to get up till I am called.d)Then he said to me not to go to bed and not get up till I was called.e)Then he told me to go to bed and not to got up till I was called.
222. (OSEC) – She told the children _______ in the garden. a)wouldn’t playb)not to playc)won’t playd)don’t playe)stop playing
233. (PUC-MG) – One indirect speech transformation of “I’ve found a lot more things” her cousin said to her is:a)Her cousin told her that he would have found a lot more things.b)Her cousin told her that he would find a lot more things.c)Her cousin told her that he had found a lot more things.d)Her cousin told her that he was finding a lot more things.e)Her cousin told her that he had been finding a lot more things.
244. (MACKENZIE) – “Don’t you want anything else” ? She asked him. a)She asked him didn’t he want anything else.b)She asked him if he didn’t want anything else.c)She asked him that he didn’t want anything else.d)She asked him if doesn’t he want anything else.e)She asked him if he wants anything else.
255. (FUVEST) – Qual é a forma indireta correspondente à forma direta: The teacher said: “Are you sure you have all understood me?”a)The teacher said if you are sure you had understood him.b)The teacher asked whether we were sure we did understood him.c)The teacher said if we all are sure we have understood him.d)The teacher asked if they were sure they had all understood him.e)The teacher asked them to be sure to understand him.
266. (UFU-MG) – Mark the alternative in which the “indirect speech” is used correctly: We met at the bridge and he said: “I’ ll be here again tomorrow.”a)We met at the bridge and he said, “I’ll be there again tomorrow.”b)We met at the bridge and he said that he would be there again the next day.c)We met at the bridge and he said that he will be here again the day before.d)We meet at the bridge and he says, I will be here again tomorrow.”e)We meet at the bridge and they said that they would in there again yesterday.
277. (CESGRANRIO) – Choose the correct form of the indirect speech. The manager said: “I’m very sorry it’s disturbing you.”a)The manager said that the lady was sorry if was disturbing you.b)The manager said that he is very sorry it was disturbing you.c)The manager said that he was very sorry it would disturb her.d)The manager said that he was very sorry it was disturbing her.e)The manager says that he had been very sorry it would have disturbed her.
288. (F. São Luís-SP) – Escolha a alternativa correspondente ao discurso indireto da seguinte frase: He said: “I arrived yesterday”.a)He said he had arrived yesterday.b)He said he arrived yesterday.c)He said I had arrived the day before.d)He said he had arrived the day before.e)He said he has been arriving the day before
299. (PUC-CAMPINAS) – He said: I drank three bottles of beer. a)He told he drank three bottles of beer.b)He said he had drink three bottles of beer.c)He said he had drunk three bottles of beer.d)He said he drunk three bottles of beer.e)He has said he has drunk three bottles of beer.
3010. (UFMG) – She said: “I am washing my car”. a)She said that she washes cars.b)She said that she was washing her car.c)She said to wash her car.d)She said that she is washing her car.e)She said that she has been washing her car.