Presentation on theme: "Technical support provided by: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Control Programme SOP of Washing and Disinfection Activities in Poultry Markets Market."— Presentation transcript:
Technical support provided by: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Control Programme SOP of Washing and Disinfection Activities in Poultry Markets Market chain cleaning and disinfection training
Goals/Objectives: To Reduce the level of H5N1 virus contamination in live bird markets To reduce the risk of H5N1 virus contamination from live bird markets to traders and Consumers Creating a cleaner and healthier environment for marketing poultry products in live bird markets.
Scope: Cleaning and disinfection of poultry kiosks’ Environment including the floor, walls and pavements in Live Bird Markets as well as waste management. Cleaning and disinfection of equipments in live bird markets
User/target audience and persons in charge: Live Bird Market officers, Market Service and cleaning officers.
How to clean a market?
Equipment Preparation 1. Tools for dry cleaning Use a broom, brush and shovel to clean dust and organic materials
2. Tools for wet cleaning Steam sprayer or brushes using water and detergent/soap
Procedures for cleaning and disinfection activities : 1. Using Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) 2. The Drainage must be clear 3. Sealing the entrance to the activity location
4. Chicken cage must be empty 5. Close every drum of clean water 6. Equipments are not left on the table
7. Task Division: Preparing sprayer Dry cleaning (sweeping, waste disposal) Wet cleaning (spraying, brushing) Disinfection 8. Starting with dry cleaning using brooms to clean the ceiling and the pillars, then the walls and floor.
9. Dry cleaning Sweep the floor, road, walls, tables Throw trash into the trash bin
10. Wet Cleaning Add detergents into the sprayer. Spray all the floor’s surface, wall and streets with detergent and leave it for about 1 minute.
Use high pressure spray to all surface Or Scrub persistent stains using a rubber brush
11. If there are no sprayers brush with water+detergent 12. After an activity is completed: Remove the rest of the water on the floor using a rubber mop Throw away all the garbage and wash the garbage bin till it’s clean Wash all the equipments using water and detergent 13. After it dries, spray the disinfectant to the environment and equipment. 14. Store the used equipments in a clean and dry place
How to clean the cage 1. Make sure the cage is empty 2. Dry cleaning in the cage and the floor under it (broom, shovel) throw away all the garbage in the garbage bin 3. Wet cleaning (water and detergent ) use sprayers/ brush 4. Disinfection
Blood and scalding Drums 1. Make sure the equipment is empty 2. Dip the equipment in water and + 4% of soap/detergent for 2 minutes 3. Scrub with a rubber brush until it’s clean (inside) and use the sprayer (outside) 4. Disinfection
Plucking machine Turn the power source off Scrub the inside of the bowl and wash with water+detergent Be careful The bars must not crack or break Scrub the outside with water and detergent. Disinfect with 1% iodine or citric acid for 10 minutes Wash with clean water. Bowl
Cleaning the serving table/processing table/ Stall 1. Move aside the scale, chopping board and bucket from the display table. 2. Knives, clothes, scales, chopping boards and buckets are washed separately 3. Do dry cleaning; leftover offals, leftover chicken meat, blood, feces, feathers. 4. Wash the table with clean water, then wash it with soap water. 5. Then scrub the display table evenly using a plastic brush.
6. Wash with clean water 7. Next, spray or wash with a disinfectant solution (Citric Acid) 8. Let it settle for 10 minutes to make the disinfectant work. 9. Wash again with clean water 10. Leave it till it’s dry