Presentation on theme: "EXERCISES FOR CHOSEN MUSCLE GROUPS. To encourage students to do more physical activities during the lesson you will be shown a few sets of exercises for."— Presentation transcript:
EXERCISES FOR CHOSEN MUSCLE GROUPS
To encourage students to do more physical activities during the lesson you will be shown a few sets of exercises for chosen muscle groups. They are chosen: To affect the most important muscle groups, To affect the most important muscle groups, to be as simple as they can and simultaneously easy enough to do them at home, to be as simple as they can and simultaneously easy enough to do them at home, to enable to conjoin the fun with the workout. to enable to conjoin the fun with the workout.
Abdominal muscles join the chest with pelvis. They are very important part of the body because: they help you keep straight and standing position they help you keep straight and standing position they keep body organs in their places they keep body organs in their places they take part in the breathing process they take part in the breathing process Strong and trained stomach muscles should behave as a flat wall. If there is too much fat on them they will become weaker which in a consequence leads to backaches as the posture of the body changes from normal to bend one.
EXERCISES 1. Sit down with straight legs. Keeping the right angle between body and legs roll on your back and try to hold straight legs in the air. Do not move your hips from the floor.
2. Lie down on your back with bent legs. Keep your feet on the floor. Straighten your arms above your head. Then raise your head and upper body and try to touch your knees with hands. This exercise can be done as a sort of competition. You can limit the time and do as many reps as you can for 30 seconds for example. During this exercise student should not catch the knees but only touch them with his hands.
3. Sit with bent knees. Support your upper body on your arms behind you. Keep feet on the floor. Raise your legs in the sky and hold it for 10 seconds. You can do this exercise as a form of competition – check who will hold legs in the air longer. Remember to keep straight back and legs.
4. Pair your students. Students sit in front of each other with straight legs. One student raises his joined legs on the partner’s calves level and moves them over the partner’s legs. When at home you can move your legs over the ball, or a few books laid one on another. Remember to do not touch partner’s legs or ball.
5. Sit with straight legs. Support you upper body on your arms behind you. Place a ball on your legs near the feet. Then, raise your legs and let the ball roll towards your hips. Then, lower your legs and let the ball roll again towards your feet. Keep your legs slightly apart so the ball won’t fall off your legs. This exercise should be demonstrated only on one of the students.
MUSCLES OF THE HIP
Muscles of the hip provide: Position and stability of pelvis which is why they have influence on the shape of spine, Position and stability of pelvis which is why they have influence on the shape of spine, Stability and movement of the hip. Stability and movement of the hip. Strong and well trained muscles of the hip influence the look of hips and buttocks.
EXERCISES 1. Kneel and support your body on your arms. Outstretch one leg and raise it above the floor, then swing it up in the air. Remember not to move your hips or upper body while doing the exercise; both hands should touch the floor and be straight.
2. Lie on your stomach with outstretched legs. Put your hands under your chin. Then, slightly raise both legs above the floor and move them apart and together again. What is important here do not raise your legs too high as this may deepen lordosis. That is not the desired effect of this exercise.
3. Sit with bent legs. Keep feet firmly on the floor. Support your upper body on your arms behind you. Lift your hips to the chest level, hold this position for 10 seconds. This exercise can be done in pairs. One person does the exercise as written above and the second person pushes his partner’s hips.
4. Lie on the floor on one side. Move the leg which lies on the floor to your chest, second leg should be outstreched and lifted up in the air. Then, move lifted leg forward and backward. The leg which is in the air must be straight and in the axis of the body.
5. Do the same exercise as the one mentioned earlier but this time lift the upper leg higher – on the level of the pelvis. Then, move it forwards and backwards.
ERECTOR SPINAE MUSCLES Erector spinae muscles, extensor muscle in particular help the body to maintain straight posture. It is particularly important nowadays when the youth spend most their times at school sitting behind their desks, or in front of the TV or computer. Children’s backs tend to round so the posture looks hunched. This effect hampers the development of the spine and leads to many abnormalities. Weak muscles of this group and hunched posture harms respiratory tract. Strong muscles make the posture more resilient, and the body more higher.
EXERCISES 1. Lie on your stomach, outstretch your arms forward, your legs lie joined together. Lift your head forward still looking on the floor. Raise your arms above the floor, count to 20. You can compete with the partner – who will last longer in this position wins. Remember to not to move your chest from the floor. Also the nose should be near the ground. Loud counting forces children to breathe.
2. Lie on your stomach, outstretch your arms forward, your legs lie joined together. Lift your head forward still looking on the floor. Raise your arms above the floor, clap your hand, then move your arms backwards and clap them again on the level of the hips. Then, move your arms forward again and clap them for the third time. You can check how many times you will clap your hands without touching the ground with one of your hands. Your chest must firmly lie on the floor, and your head should not be raised very high. Remember to keep your arms straight.
3. Sit down with bent knees, your back straight. Move your head as high as you can, observe the area in front of you. Join your hands on your occiput, your elbows wide apart. Counting to 10 try to push your head forward simultaneously keeping it stiff and in one place. Pressure of your hands should provide proper posture of the spine. Loud counting enables breathing without holding breath.
4. Sit down with bent knees, your back straight. Move your head as high as you can, observe the area in front of you. Move your bend arms to the side. Keep your forearms upright. Then, move your arms backwards simultaneously pushing your chest forward.
5. Sit on your feet, keep your spine straight, your head stretched upwards. Outstretch your arms above your head, then bend your upper body forward until you touch the floor with your palms. Be sure to steady your feet so they not move. Next thing to do is to go back to starting position, but remember to keep your back straight. When you are preparing to bend forwards first move your chest, then arms. When going backwards do this procedure in reversed order.
6. Lie on stomach. Legs outstretched and joined together, arms straight lie on both sides. Lift your head slightly above the floor, keep watching the floor. Raise your arms above the floor and then quickly lift them higher. In this exercise the chest must lie on the floor at all times, nose should be close to the floor.
CHEST MUSCLES These muscles, particulary pectoralis major and minor influence the look of the chest. They are given special attention as far as body-builders are concerned. Also well built, shaped and strong chest muscles can enhance the look of the women’s bust. The development of this group of muscles should be complete, not partial as partial development can lead to forming of „hollow” chest. Chest muscles are also auxiliary muscles that take part in breathing process.
EXERCISES 1. Sit on your heels, keep your spine straight, your head stretched upwards. Outstretch your arms above your head, then bend your upper body forward until you touch the floor with your palms. Be sure to steady your feet so they not move. Next thing to do is to go back to starting position. Remember that when lifting your body upwards you must sit firmly on your heels and start the whole movement from moving the hips up.
2. Sit down with crossed legs. Hold your arms in front of you on the sternum level. Join your palms together and try to push them as strong as you can for 10 seconds. Remember that the palms and elbows must be on the appropriate level.
3. Sit down with crossed legs and hold your hands in front of you. This time grab your palms only by your fingers and try to pull them as hard as you can so to separate both hands. In this exercise the palms should also be on the level of the sternum.
4. Do the chin ups. This exercise should be demonstrated on one of the students.
5. Kneel and support your upper body on your arms. Bend the arms and touch the floor with your chin so it will be 20 cm further than your palms. Boys can do push ups instead of this exercise.
BREATHING EXERCISES Breathing exercises are useful for: o Expanding the movement of the chest o Enhancing capacity and ventilation of lungs o Improving breathing process When doing breathing exercises you should remember that exercises that consist in deep breathing should not be done in the same pace for everyone. You also cannot breathe too much air in a row as this may lead to hyperventilation.
EXERCISES 1. Sit down with your legs crossed. Then, take the deepest breath you can with your nose, and breathe out with your mouth. Keep your back straight during this exercise.
2. Sit down with crossed legs. Take a deep breath and try to exhale the air as slow as you can simultaneously pronouncing the letter „s”. You can compete with your friend. The one who ends exhaling lie down on his back.
3. Lie on your back with bend knees and your feet firmly lying on the ground. Hold the table tennis ball above your mouth, take deep breath and exhale trying to hold the ball in the airflow. This exercise must be shown and done only during the lesson. It is advisable the teacher does this exercise before the lesson as it is not easy and is failed by many students, especially when done for the first time.
4. When standing, hold a feather or a piece of cotton above your head and keep it in the air as long as you can by blowing it.
5. Form pairs. Stand in front of each other, then kneel in front of your partner and support your body on your arms. The distance between you and your partner should be 1 meter. Put a table tennis ball in the space between you. Next, try to push the ball beyond the line made of your partner’s hands by blowing it as strong as you can. Set a score limit. Who scores f.e. 3 points is the winner.
EXERCISES FOR PROPER POSTURE Body posture is the motor skill. There a few factors that determine the quality of the posture: morphological factors (structure of bones, strenght and durability of muscles, joints, ligaments), morphological factors (structure of bones, strenght and durability of muscles, joints, ligaments), Social conditions, Social conditions, Habit of keeping the most popular postures (taken during the day at work, in school, during watching TV). Habit of keeping the most popular postures (taken during the day at work, in school, during watching TV). Creating the proper habit of keeping correct posture first teach the students the correct posture. The most common exercise here is „wall” test.
EXERCISES Tell students to stand up against the wall. 1. Wall test. Stand back to wall and keep your heels next to the wall. Try to touch the wall with your body. Lift your head up and keep your eyes on one point in front of you. Keep your shoulders tight and lowered. Arms are hung freely along the body, chest brought up, breathe in so to flaten your stomach, buttocks should be tight. Remain in this position and remember to breathe. A person that conducts the exercise checks whether the assumed position is correct or not.
2. Assume the same position as in previous exercise, but this time take one step forward without changing the proper position. The conductor of the exercise checks if it is done properly.
3. Face the mirror, assume the correct posture and control the line of shoulders by watching them in the mirror. Check whether the line between your chin and umbilicus is straight. This exercise should be taught earlier during the lesson and done at home.
WALK EXERCISES Walk exercises are also exercises which help to keep correct posture of the body. The correct way of walking – keeping back straight, the way head is exposed, or taking steps in one line (as models do) increases the level of attractiveness of every girl and woman.
EXERCISES 1. Start walking and follow straight line. You can draw a line on the floor or use exsisting one, f.e. the one of the lines on the playing field. This exercise is for girls only. In the meantime, boys can start doing second exercise.
2. Walk with the book or with small bag on your head. While walking, try to do a sit- up, and then sit down without dropping the book on the floor. The conductor of the exercise gives commands when to do sit up or when to sit down.
SETS OF EXERCISES The role of exemplary sets of exercises for chosen muscle parts given to students, is to enable them to do these exercises at home. They will help to correct the posture. Initially, these exercises may seem a bit difficult and cause massive exhaustion. However, after a few training days they will not cause any trouble at all and the number of repetitions will increase itself. We must remember that we cannot expect the effects to appear overnight. The desired effect will be seen after a few weeks of solid training (at least 3-4 times a week). Apart from the visible changes in the silhouette we can expect the changes as far as stamina is concerned. But the most important change will be the one which will occur in our lifestyle.
PROBLEM DIAGNOSIS – WHAT MISTAKES DO I MAKE WHAT DO I CAN AND WANT DO IMMEDIATELY WHAT DO I WANT TO DO LATER. WHEN? 1. Proper nutrition 2. Regular physical activity 3. Ability to decrease negative effects of stress 4. Elimination of addictions
H OW MUCH ENERGY DO YOU NEED ? Energy supply norms for teenagers and young adults between years of age in Poland.
SCHEDULE OF MEALS DURING THE DAY Daily request of the body – 100% I option: 5 meals during the day with tea and light supper. II option: 4 meals during the day / without tea and with decent supper which should be consumed not later than 2 hours before going to bed.