We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byCade Hamersley
Modified about 1 year ago
Opiates By Tim E.
1.Opiates are derived from: A. Cannabis. B. Cocaine. C. Poppy flower heads. D. Poppy seeds.
Correct Answer The milky-dried sap from the flower head of the opium poppy is collected and purified into different forms of opiates. Mouse click to advance to the next slide.
2. Which is an opiate? A. Codeine. B. Heroin. C. Morphine. D. All of the above.
Correct Answer Both codeine and morphine are used for medical use as a painkiller. Mouse click to advance to the next slide.
3. Opiates are collected from which part of the plant: A. Flower. B. Leaves. C. Seed-head. D. Stem.
Correct Answer Morphine was one of the best weapons the North had over the South in the Civil War. It made amputations and other surgeries nearly painless. Mouse click to advance to the next slide.
4. “Chasing the dragon.” refers to using opiates how: A. Injection. B. Ingested. C. Smoked. D. Snorted.
Correct Answer Heroin is smoked by heating it with a lighter under a piece of foil. The fumes are then inhaled. Mouse click to advance to the next slide.
5. Opiates are classified as: A. Depressants. B. Hallucinogens. C. Stimulants. D. None of the above.
6.Opiates cause feelings of: A. Hunger. B. Pain. C. Pleasure. D. Sexual drive.
7. Which is the purest form of opiate: A. Codeine. B. Heroin. C. Morphine. D. Opium.
8. Small heroin spoons are called: A. Dope spoons. B. Dragon spoons. C. Heroin spoons. D. Toot spoons.
9. Cutting heroin means: A. Diluting it with water. B. Grinding it up into a powder. C. Mixing it with inert mater. D. Separating it into street-size packages.
Correct Answer Heroin is cut with many different cheap white powders which can be harmful when taken into the body with the drug. Mouse click to advance to the next slide.
10. Heroin can cause: A. Death. B. Increased sexual desire. C. Munchies. D. Physical pain.
11. Opiates can be: A. Eaten. B. Injected. C. Smoked. D. All of the above.
12. Heroin is also known as: A. A’s. B. Bennies. C. Dexies. D. Smack.
13. Heroin is usually in which form: A. Liquid. B. Powder. C. Syringe. D. Tablet.
14. Short-term effects of opiate use usually occur in: A. Fifteen-minutes. B. Five seconds. C. Immediately. D. One minute.
15. Heroin is usually injected into a: A. Artery. B. Muscle. C. Under skin. D. Vein.
16. In small amounts heroin causes heart rate to: A. Fall. B. Rise. C. Stay the same. D. Stop.
17. How extreme is heroin dependence (Physical and Psychological) A. High. B. Low. C. Medium. D. None.
18. Which is a risk unique to injecting heroin? A. Death. B. HIV infection. C. Trouble with the law. D. Unknown purity.
19. Effects of opiates are affected by: A. Amount taken. B. Mental stability. C. Past drug experience. D. All of the above.
20. Opiates cause A. Chills. B. Drooling. C. Increased Heart rate. D. Restlessness.
The End If you would like to play again, click HERE.
Opiates are drugs that are derived from the opium poppy. Opiates include opium, heroin, morphine and codeine.
What is a subculture? A group of people who share a set of characteristics that are different from most of society.
Substance Use Disorders OPIATES. What are Opiates? Opiates are powerful drugs derived from the poppy plant. They include opium, heroin, morphine, &codeine.
DRUGS NARCOTICS, STIMULANTS, AND DEPRESSANTS. OBJECTIVES name the most commonly abused narcotics. describe the effects that narcotics can have on.
Click to add subtitle Medicine and Illegal Drugs.
Chapter 14 Drugs Lesson 3 Narcotics, Stimulants, and Depressants Next >> Click for: >> Main Menu >> Chapter 14 Assessment Teacher’s notes are available.
Chapter 26 Lesson 2 Kyle M What do stimulants do? A. Slow down the body. B. Speed up the central nervous system. C. Makes you tired. D. None.
N ARCOTICS, STIMULANTS AND DEPRESSANTS Lesson 3. O BJECTIVE Name most commonly abused narcotics Describe the effects that narcotics can have on a user.
Heroin itself is made from morphine, a highly potent painkiller which occurs naturally in the latex sap of the seed pod of the opium poppy, known as.
1. Why did natives of South America use coca leaves? A. Religion B. For food C. Use as hats D. None of the Above.
Chapter 16 Medicine and illegal drugs. 1. Which of the following statements gives the correct relationship between drugs and medicine? A. a drug is a.
BELL WORK Write about 1 of the drugs we talked about yesterday and tell me how that drug would alter your life.
Using Drugs Properly Drug – non food substance taken into the body that can change the structure or the function of the body or mind Medicine – drug that.
Drugs Pros Medicine- prevent cure disease or disabling condition Taken when needed, as directed, for intended purposes Cons Used in a way not intended.
Very addicting. Always chasing a high that you can never obtain. Always need that next “hit”. stories.html.
By jonty. Drugs generally work by interacting with receptors on the surface of cells or enzymes (which regulate the rate of chemical reactions) within.
ALCOHOL TOBACCO UPPERS, DOWNERS & ALL AROUNDERS DRUGS.
Chapter 26 Lesson 2 Stimulants Kate T. March questions.
What is Heroin? Heroin is a narcotic that is highly addictive; It is processed from morphine, a naturally occurring substance extracted from the seedpod.
HEROIN A depressant By: Jake Rudloff and Lindsay knupp.
Controlled Drugs & Illegal Drug Use A controlled drug is a drug whose possession, manufacture, distribution, and sale are controlled by law. Controlled.
CH. 24 Illegal Drugs Health Ed.. Drugs Refers to dangerous/ illegal substances Drugs are grouped according to their affects on the body.
8 th Grade Illegal Drugs Stimulants, Depressants, and Narcotics.
Drugs – The Science Bit! Drugs and Their Effects on the Body.
Health Mrs. Wagner. 1. Depressant – decreases CNS – Alcohol 2. Hallucinogens – Distorts reality – LSD, Ecstasy, PCP 3. Inhalants – Take in fumes.
Morphine, OxyContin, Codeine, & Heroin. Narcotics are specific drugs that are obtainable only by prescription and are used to relieve pain. These.
By: Yamilex Apodaca History of Heroin In the late 1960’s heroin showed up to American drug culture. Heroin is classified as an opioid derivative, and.
Depressants. Induce sleep, relieve acute pain, and are used to treat coughs, diarrhea, and various other illness.
By Jacob W. 1. A psychoactive drug is a chemical that… A. makes you crazy. B. makes you healthy. C. affects the central nervous system and interferes.
Drug Use Taking of a drug correctly for a medical purpose Drug Abuse Taking of a drug for a non medical purpose and damages health Drug Misuse Taking a.
Psychoactive Drugs Marijuana (Cannabis Sativa) Active Ingredient = THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) Short-Term Effects Slowed thinking Distorted sense.
Chapter 26 lesson 3 Jesse B.. Steroid abuse stories began: A. 2 days ago. A. 2 days ago. B.50 years ago. B.50 years ago. C. 2 decades ago. C. 2 decades.
Heroin Risks Deaths from overdoses occur. Overdoses can lead to coma and even death from respiratory failure. If heroin is taken with other drugs, including.
DRUGS hol. What is a drug? A chemical substance, such as a hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behaviour and often.
By: Nory Grijalva HEROIN. NAMES Chemical (IUPAC) name is DIACETYLMORPHINE Chemical Formula: C21H23NO5 Street Names: Dope Big H Black Tar Brown Sugar Junk.
Preventing Drug Abuse Chapter 21 Legal and Illegal Drugs Drug use is part of life in the United States Drug use is part of life in the United States.
Illegal Drugs 12 th Grade Health. Marijuana Dried up leaves of the ____________ plant. Harms the immune system by not letting the body be able to ___________________________________________.
HOW DRUGS ENTER THE BODY DRUG ADMINSITRATION. Intravenously into the veins Intramuscularly into the muscle Subcutaneously under the skin INJECTION.
This video shows us one’s dependency on substances.
DRUGS & ALCOHOL UNIT. SIX CLASSIFICATIONS OF DRUGS NARCOTICS STIMULANTS MARIJUANA DEPRESSANTS/SEDATIVES HALLUCINOGENS INHALANTS.
Drugs Above the Influence ads/#http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/the- ads/# –Human Puppet –Shoulders –Whatever –Huggin’
Commonly Abused Drugs. 1.Depressants- slow down the activity of the brain and CNS -alcohol - #1 mood altering drug in the U.S. -barbiturates – usually.
Drug Categories. What is a Drug? A substance other than food that changes the way the body or brain works. Illegal drugs, but also caffeine, cough syrup,
Heroin Brain Research Institute, UCLA Alison Taylor.
Drugs And You By Raulie, Jackie, Gervaisey, and Toni “The Fantastic Four”
The Use of Illegal Drugs The use of illegal drugs can have serious, sometimes deadly, physical effects on the user. These effects can occur even the first.
Drugs: Engage Hyperlink:
Depressants 20 Question Review BY: Trevor Martin.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.