Presentation on theme: "Review for Adverb Quiz Practice all questions!. 1. Which word in the sentence below is an adverb? After handing in her narrative story, Jenna accepted."— Presentation transcript:
Review for Adverb Quiz Practice all questions!
1. Which word in the sentence below is an adverb? After handing in her narrative story, Jenna accepted her teacher’s praise graciously. A. narrative B. story C. accepted D. graciously
2. Which word BEST fills in the blank in the sentence below? Hyenas run_______________ than lions. A. swiftly B. most swiftly C. more swifter D. more swiftly
3. Which word is an adverb in the sentence below? Juanita lovingly cradled her favorite blanket, which she slept with every night. A. lovingly B. cradled C. favorite D. every
4. Which sentence below correctly uses the word home as an adverb? A. His grandmother stayed close to home when she went grocery shopping. B. The teenage girl felt much safer in the house after she slid the top bolt home. C. The crowd always cheered the loudest when the home team was on a winning streak. D. Rikki’s father worked from home, where he had an office.
5. Which sentence uses the correct adverb form? A. The cheetah ran more fast than the deer. B. The elephant lived more long than the mouse. C. The geese honked more often than the ducks. D. The ants worked more hard than the grasshopper
6. Which word BEST completes the sentence? Read the sentence. Elle wanted to wear ____ jewelry with her dress. A. a B. some C. many D. those
7. Which word is an adverb in the sentence below? Dad and I silently crept along the lakeside, so we wouldn’t disturb the wildlife. A. silently B. lakeside C. disturb D. wildlife
8. Which sentence is written correctly? A. Some people say that lions can be more fast than tigers. B. Jamal walks quieter when he does not wear heavy boots. C. The letter my uncle from Russia sent took long than usual. D. Maida arrived at the movie theater earlier than her friends did.
9. Which word is an adverb in the sentence below? I broke my father’s drill inadvertently when I was cleaning out the garage on Sunday. A. broke B. inadvertently C. cleaning D. garage
10. What is the modifier in the underlined phrase of the sentence below? The little bird came to the bird feeder. A. came B. bird C. feeder D. little
11. In which sentence are the underlined words used correctly? A. The dog barked loud and constant. B. The dog barked loud and constantly. C. The dog barked loudly and constant. D. The dog barked loudly and constantly.
12. What change should be made to the sentence below? Samantha moves most quickly than the other children in her class. A. change moves to move B. change most to more C. change quickly to quicker D. change than to then
13. In the sentence below, which word is an adverb? The swan was homely when it was born, but it quickly became a beautiful animal. A. homely B. quickly C. beautiful D. animal
14. In which sentence are the underlined words used correctly? A. The students quick learned respectfully ways to play together. B. The students quick learned respectful ways to play together. C. The students quickly learned respectful ways to play together. D. The students quickly learned respectfully ways to play together.
15. Which group of words in the sentences below is used as an adverb? People used eyeglasses for about 400 years before someone found a way to keep them resting securely and comfortably on the nose. For a long time people had to hold the glasses to their eyes with their hands. A. about 400 B. securely and comfortably C. for a long time D. to their eyes with their hands
16. Which BEST completes the sentence? Read the sentence. Our fans are ____ than fans at other schools. A. enthusiastic B. enthusiasticer C. more enthusiastic D. most enthusiastic
17. Which word is an adverb in the sentence below? The fudge swirl cake tasted wonderful and was quickly consumed by everyone at the dinner party. A. quickly B. consumed C. everyone D. dinner
18. Which sentence uses the correct adverb?. A. Corey’s dog barked more louder than it ever had before. B. The package arrived more prompt than we expected. C. At the end of the song, the choir sings more softly. D. Some actors are recognized often than others
19. Which word is an adverb in the sentence below? Richard’s ankle hurt so much after he twisted it, he had to limp slowly from room to room. A. hurt B. after C. twisted D. slowly