We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byKimberly Mobley
Modified about 1 year ago
1. What is the outermost layer of the Earth called?Core Crust Asthenosphere mesosphere
2. What is the liquid layer of the Earth called?A. Lithosphere B. Mesosphere C. Inner core D. outer core
3. The mantle is denser than the crust because it contains more ____A. Iron B. Magnesium C. oxygen D. silicon
4. The core is most composed of __A. Aluminum B. Silicon C. Iron D. Oxygen
5. The layers of the Earth from the outside in are …….A. Crust, lithosphere, mesosphere, asthenosphere,, outer core, inner core B. Asthenosphere, crust, lithosphere, mesosphere, outer core, inner core C. Crust, mesosphere, outer core, inner core, lithosphere, asthenosphere D. Crust, lithosphere, asthenosphere, mesosphere, outer core, inner core
6. The rigid layer made up of crust and upper mantleA. lithosphere B. Crust C. mantle D. mesosphere
7. The layer made of solid rock that slowly flows.A. Mantle B. Mesosphere C. Lithosphere D. asthenosphere
8. The lower part of the mantle. Also the largest part of the mantle.A. Mantle B. Mesosphere C. Lithosphere D. asthenosphere
9. Which type of crust is thicker?A. Continental B. Oceanic
10. Which type of crust is the densest?A. Continental B. Oceanic
11. As depth increases inside the Earth density ________A. decreases B. increases
12. If you are digging towards the center of the Earth the temperature will _______A. decrease B. increase
Topic: Layers of the Earth PSSA: A / S8.D.1.1.
Compositional Layers divided into 3 layers based on elements that make up each layer
Unit 4 Lesson 1 Earth’s Layers Copyright © Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
Earth’s Layers. Earth is divided into 3 basic layers: 1. Crust 2. Mantle 3. Core These layers are then subdivided into smaller layers.
IntroIntro Objective 09/26/11 Identify the layers of the Earth. If you tried to dig to the center of the earth, what do you think you would find? Would.
Layers of the Earth.
Unit 4 Lesson 5 Earth’s Layers
Composition (What is it made of?) Divided into 3 layers: Crust Mantle Core.
Layers of the Earth Notes
Earth’s Layers Shoebox Challenge Post-it note answers by teams required!!
Layers of the Earth. Directions Take detailed notes about the different layers of the earth. Be sure to include: A Title Subtitles For Each Topic Drawings.
Ch. 7.1: Inside the Earth. Earth’s layers The Earth is divided into three layers 1.) Crust 2.) Mantle 3.) Core Crust and Mantle are made of less dense.
Density increases the deeper in Earth you go. This is because as you go deeper into the earth, pressure, and temperature increase. The inner core.
The Earth’s Layers Foldable Information This powerpoint will contain everything you will need included in your green earth’s layers foldable we constructed.
Ch.4, Sec.1 – Inside the Earth - the Earth is divided into three basic layers: the crust, the mantle & the core - the densest layer is the __________ due.
Inside the Earth Earth has three main layers
The Inner Core The deepest layer in Earth is the inner core. It is located at the center of the Earth because it contains the densest material of all.
The Earth’s Structure A Journey to the Center of the Earth.
What are the three Chemical layers of the Earth?
Earth on the Move Earth Structure & Plate Tectonics Notes.
Earth’s Inside Earth Pages Inside Earth Pages Interior.
Earth’s Layers Ms. Sikes. Earth’s Layers Earth has 3 layers: – 1. Crust – 2. Mantle – 3. Core.
1._____heat from inside the Earth 2._____type of resource minerals and metals are 3. _____cutting down all of the trees in an area 4._____crops that replenish.
Layers in Order 1. Crust 2. Mantle Lithosphere Asthenosphere 3. Lower Mantle 4. Outer Core 5. Inner Core.
Peeling the Layers What is inside Earth?
Unit 4 THE EARTH. The Earth Contains 3 Spheres 1. Hydrosphere - the liquid layer of Earth which covers about 75 % of the planet; includes oceans, lakes,
Do Now #1 Using an internet capable device please research and record two possible answers to the following question: – How do we know what the center.
DO NOW Objective 09/28/12 Identify the layers of the Earth. Take out AGENDA & Weekly Worksheet Week #5 Color in foldable Do you have your Raffle tickets?
Chapter 7 Section 1 Inside the Earth. Compositional Layers of the Earth (Brown) (Gray/green)
Inside the Earth.
Earth’s Layers Vocabulary. Crust The thin layer of rock above Earth’s mantle.
Layers of the Earth part 2 (physical properties).
The Structure of the Earth. 3 Composition Layers: Based on what the layer is made of.
Three distinct layers Crust - Outermost layer - solid Mantle - Below crust -liquid Core - Innermost layer - solid/liquid Varies in types of rock, density,
1. What does the term subduction mean? 2. What happens when a plate is subducted? 3. Subduction occurs only at what type of plate boundary?
Explored through mines and wells Temperature and pressure increases with depth Earthquake (Seismic) Waves scientists are able to tell the density and.
11/26/14. Made of up several layers Studied in two ways: Composition (elements) Physical properties (temperature, density) Three Physical layers.
Inside the Earth Chapter 4 Section 1 p Vocabulary: 1. crust 2. mantle 3. core 4. lithosphere 5. asthenosphere 6. mesosphere 7. tectonic plate.
The Earth’s Layers Foldable Information
Definitions. 1. CRUST The thin and solid outermost chemical layer of the earth above the mantle.
Layers of Earth.
Earth’s Layers G 103. General Information -Iron,Oxyge, Silicon, & Magnesium - Deepest drill 12 km -Radius of Earth 6371 km - How do we know about the.
Plate Tectonics. Breakdown of the Earth Composition Crust Mantle Core Structure Lithosphere Asthenosphere Mesosphere Outer Core Inner Core.
Inside the Earth Planet Earth All objects on or near Earth are pulled toward Earth’s center by gravity. Earth formed as gravity pulled small particles.
Do Now: Write your answer in your binder! Don’t share your answer with anyone! How is a Twix bar like the Earth?
Structure of the Earth.
Inside the Earth. Chemical Composition (What it is made of) Crust Mantle Core.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.