We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published bySavanah Whittlesey
Modified about 1 year ago
By Jackie Mims Hopkins Illustrated by Michael Austin
1.The cattle grazed on the prairie. A. desert B. plain
A prairie is the plains.
2. Cowboys lassoed the horses. A. fed the horses B. Caught the horse with a rope.
A lasso is used to rope horses.
3. The dry riverbed was covered with rocks. A. Channel for water. B. top of a mountain
A riverbed is a channel for water.
4. Please do me a favor. A. A chore B. A kind act
A favor is a kind act.
5. I hope you are not offended. A. Frightened B. upset
You are upset when you are offended.
6.Erika shrieked when she saw a snake. A. Screamed B. Fainted
Shrieked means screamed.
7. The students made a bargain. A. Deal B. Mess
A bargain is a deal.
8. Why did the author describe how Reba Jo spent her time? A. To tell about a lasso. B. To introduce an unusual character.
To Introduce an unusual character.
9. Reba Jo said she “would be in a peck of trouble”. What is a peck? A. A large amount. B. A basket full.
A peck is a large amount.
10. Reba Jo wanted to stay near the riverbed to A. Ride her horse. B. Lasso a vulture.
Reba Jo wanted to lasso the vulture.
11. What happened just before the toad spoke to Reba Jo? A. The vulture flew away. B. Reba Jo’s lost her hat in the well.
Rebo Jo lost her hat in the well.
12. Which one best helps understand the desert setting? A. The horned toad ate the chili. B. Reba Jo lassoed a cacti.
Reba Jo like to lasso cacti.
13. Why did Reba Jo agree to 3 favors for the horn toad? A.She wanted her hat back. B. He was a handsome prince.
Reba Jo wanted her hat back.
14. What was the last favor the toad asked of Reba Jo? A.To eat chili with him. B. To give him a kiss.
To give him a kiss.
15. When was the prince turned into a horned toad? A. When he and Reba Jo first met at the well. B. Many years ago before the story began.
Many years ago before the story began.
16. What is the most important lesson that Reba Jo learned? A. Keep your promises. B. Mind your own business.
Keep your promises.
17. Why did the author write this story? A. To show Reba Jo does not like horned toads. B. To entertain with a funny story.
To entertain with a funny story.
18. Why did the toad speak Spanish?
He was a Spanish prince.
19. Why did the prince leave Reba Jo so suddenly?
He wanted to make a point about keeping a promise.
20. What is one clue that this story was a fantasy?
The horned toad talked.
The Horned Toad Prince Unit 1 Week 4. Genre – Modern Fairy Tale Modern fairy tales are fairy tales that are set in modern times. Like all fairy tales,
The Horned Toad Prince By Jackie Mims Hopkins Illustrated by Michael Austin Compiled by Terry Sams PES & Latonia Wolfe Compiled by Terry Sams PES & Latonia.
Fourth Grade Unit 1 Week 4 The Horned Toad Prince.
Story Structure Reading Street Unit 1 Week 4 Created by Kristi Waltke.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The people Look for some people. Write it down. By the water So there you are. Who will make it? You and I A long time What will they do?
A. as is a couldn’t does could has wouldn’t.
Sight Words Complete Dolch Sight Word List Preprimer through Third.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
List 1 Sight Words the to and he a I you it.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.)
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
Frequency Words. a about after again all always.
Englewood Public Schools Englewood, Colorado 2009 A Compilation of E.W. Dolch 1936, The Reading Teachers Book of Lists, Fourth Edition,© 2000 by Prentice.
List 1. the List 1 to List 1 and List 1 he List 1.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.) Press the Esc key to stop the slide show Click this button below to start the slide.
Come. and down a away big blue can help.
Ms. Burns Readers Workshop Questioning Lessons 1-15.
Plot Comprehension Skill First Grade Unit 3 Week 4 Created by Kristi Waltke.
Lap 1. the to and he a I you it of in Lap 2.
Can you see?. I like him. When will we go? All or some.
First Grade Sight Words a in I and is it for.
Annoying things about history teachers: They make you think too hard, stay awake in class, and do homework!!! They say that grades dont count when everyone.
Oral Reading Fluency First 100 Most Used Phrases.
2 nd Grade Reading Units of Study #3 Readers Think About the Characters in their Books 2nd Grade Reading Unit of Study 3 – Readers Think About the Characters.
Lets build fluency! The people By the water You and I.
Dear Mr. Winston Review. What genre is “Dear Mr. Winston”? “Dear Mr. Winston” is a Realistic Fiction.
Eyes of the Dragon: An Imaginary Tale by Camille S. Phillips 1.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.