We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published bySavanah Whittlesey
Modified about 1 year ago
By Jackie Mims Hopkins Illustrated by Michael Austin
1.The cattle grazed on the prairie. A. desert B. plain
A prairie is the plains.
2. Cowboys lassoed the horses. A. fed the horses B. Caught the horse with a rope.
A lasso is used to rope horses.
3. The dry riverbed was covered with rocks. A. Channel for water. B. top of a mountain
A riverbed is a channel for water.
4. Please do me a favor. A. A chore B. A kind act
A favor is a kind act.
5. I hope you are not offended. A. Frightened B. upset
You are upset when you are offended.
6.Erika shrieked when she saw a snake. A. Screamed B. Fainted
Shrieked means screamed.
7. The students made a bargain. A. Deal B. Mess
A bargain is a deal.
8. Why did the author describe how Reba Jo spent her time? A. To tell about a lasso. B. To introduce an unusual character.
To Introduce an unusual character.
9. Reba Jo said she “would be in a peck of trouble”. What is a peck? A. A large amount. B. A basket full.
A peck is a large amount.
10. Reba Jo wanted to stay near the riverbed to A. Ride her horse. B. Lasso a vulture.
Reba Jo wanted to lasso the vulture.
11. What happened just before the toad spoke to Reba Jo? A. The vulture flew away. B. Reba Jo’s lost her hat in the well.
Rebo Jo lost her hat in the well.
12. Which one best helps understand the desert setting? A. The horned toad ate the chili. B. Reba Jo lassoed a cacti.
Reba Jo like to lasso cacti.
13. Why did Reba Jo agree to 3 favors for the horn toad? A.She wanted her hat back. B. He was a handsome prince.
Reba Jo wanted her hat back.
14. What was the last favor the toad asked of Reba Jo? A.To eat chili with him. B. To give him a kiss.
To give him a kiss.
15. When was the prince turned into a horned toad? A. When he and Reba Jo first met at the well. B. Many years ago before the story began.
Many years ago before the story began.
16. What is the most important lesson that Reba Jo learned? A. Keep your promises. B. Mind your own business.
Keep your promises.
17. Why did the author write this story? A. To show Reba Jo does not like horned toads. B. To entertain with a funny story.
To entertain with a funny story.
18. Why did the toad speak Spanish?
He was a Spanish prince.
19. Why did the prince leave Reba Jo so suddenly?
He wanted to make a point about keeping a promise.
20. What is one clue that this story was a fantasy?
The horned toad talked.
The Horned Toad Prince Unit 1 Week 4. Genre – Modern Fairy Tale Modern fairy tales are fairy tales that are set in modern times. Like all fairy tales,
The Horned Toad Prince By Jackie Mims Hopkins Illustrated by Michael Austin.
Fourth Grade Unit 1 Week 4 The Horned Toad Prince.
Author: Jackie Mims Hopkins Genre: Modern Fairy Tale Big Question: Big Question: What is unique about the landscape of the Southwest?
The Horned Toad Prince By Jackie Mims Hopkins Illustrated by Michael Austin Compiled by Terry Sams PES & Latonia Wolfe Compiled by Terry Sams PES & Latonia.
Story Structure Reading Street Unit 1 Week 4 Created by Kristi Waltke.
Fourth Grade: Theme 1 Selection 4 This Land is Your Land.
Big Question: Big Question: What is unique about the landscape of the Southwest? Author: Jackie Mims Hopkins Genre: Modern Fairy Tale.
The Horned Toad Prince By Jackie Mims Hopkins Illustrated by Michael Austin Day 1Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 2Day 3 Day 1Day 2Day 3 Day 4Day 4 Day 5 Day 5 Day.
Unit One The Horned Toad Prince Unit One, The Horned Toad Prince, Story 4.
Once upon a time, far, far away, there lived a king who had a beautiful daughter who was a princess. They lived in a castle surrounded by a large forest.
She. up had has the my did its puts but make.
Come. and down a away big blue can help.
He is always happy.. We wish for a sunny day. Pam saw nothing go by.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
Midterm Test Review. author’s purpose analyze antonym & synonym categorize cause and effect context clues event infer metaphor opinion using a chart organize.
The Story of Moses Hidden in a Basket Moses in his basket Moses in his basket When Moses was born the Hebrews were slaves in Egypt.
Comenius “We all smile in the same language”
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
List A Sight Words. the of and it he me by.
Today were going to learn about stranger danger, through a story some of you may probably know! 1) Once upon a time there was a little girl named Red Riding.
Author’s Purpose. Author’s write for different purposes, or reasons.
A Frog and a Princess Long, long ago, there lived a lovely Princess in a big palace. Long, long ago, there lived a lovely Princess in a big palace.
Night At The Museum Battle Of The Smithsonian By Skye.
Dolch Sight Word List Pre - Primer. a and away.
Kindergarten Sight Words. the 1 of 2 and 3 a 4.
Sight Words - List A Words a all about.
Focus Skill: Plot. What does that mean? Everything that happens in a story is the plot.
Read a story and use it to think about the way that God wants people to live Work with a partner to think about a character from the story in more detail.
Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful princess who had a golden ball. One day, while playing in the garden, the ball fell into a pond. She was very.
I. am no the see you me to and at yes it.
Long ago there was a reptile named snake he was one of the meanest animals. He was so mean that he did not have one friend. He had legs and a wider body.
Sight Word Vocabulary. I see to go a Week 2 at.
FARFALLINA AND MARCEL by Holly Keller by Holly Keller.
One All Four M ARY WAS NOT AT ___ PLEASED WITH HER NEW HOME.
Grim Fairy Tales By Clifford234 (Daniela). My Own Cinderella Story When Cinderella’s Mother died her dad married another woman. Cinderella’s Step mother.
By Julie Gettings by Julie Gettings There once was a handsome prince named Prince Roni. He lived in a faraway land and loved to fly planes. One day,
By E Haugum. Long story short the guy next to me fell asleep on my shoulder and started drooling on me. Then he must have been having a bad dream or something.
The people Look for some people. Write it down. By the water So there you are. Who will make it? You and I A long time What will they do?
Harcourt Journeys: Story Selection Copyright © 2011 Kelly Mott.
MAKE UP YOUR OWN STORY “ LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD”
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD The Meeting An Open Minded Portrait by … Separate Ways.
Why Story: How Man Found His Wife. There is a story of how the first man found his wife, and I will tell you that.
Second Grade Dolch Words egreay. a and away big.
Kindergarten Sight Words. a and to of the I.
Foundation Book of the Bible Mike Mazzalongo Genesis 44.
VOCABULARY The Story of Jumping Mouse. Content The far-off land sounded so wonderful the young mouse began to dream about it. He knew he would never be.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.