Presentation on theme: "“For the Joy of the Lord is your Strength” Nehemiah 8:10."— Presentation transcript:
“For the Joy of the Lord is your Strength” Nehemiah 8:10
The Faithfulness Of God by Pastor Fee Soliven 1 Corinthians 1:1-9 Sunday Morning September 21, 2014
Psalm 42:1-4 1 Corinthians 1:1-9 1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, 5 that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, 6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you,
7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Inherent Characteristics of God
Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
Psalm 33: The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. 14 From the place of His dwelling He looks On all the inhabitants of the earth; 15 He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works.
Job 26:14 Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?"
2 Corinthians 13:4 "For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you."
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.”
Jeremiah 23:24 "Can anyone hide himself in secret places, So I shall not see him?" says the LORD; "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" says the LORD."
Titus 1:1-3 1 Paul, a bondservant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect and the acknowledgment of the truth which accords with godliness, 2 in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began...
2 Timothy 2:13 "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself."
Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change...
Does God Change His Mind?
Jonah 1:1 1 Now the word of the LORD came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, 2 "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me."
Jonah 3: Now the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying, 2 "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I tell you." 3 So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly great city, a three-day journey in extent.
4 And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day's walk. Then he cried out and said, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!“ 5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them.
6 Then word came to the king of Nineveh; and he arose from his throne and laid aside his robe, covered himself with sackcloth and sat in ashes. 7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water.
8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God; yes, let every one turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and relent, and turn away from His fierce anger, so that we may not perish?
10 Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.
Many Promises on Which to Rely
1. God empowers us concerning whatever He calls us to do 2 Peter 1:3 "as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtu..."
2. If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive them 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
3. God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
4. God will meet your needs Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
5. All things work together for good for those who love God Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
6. As Born Again Regenerated Believers, we are Sealed forever as God’s children 2 Corinthians 1: Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
7. As believers, we will receive a Resurrection Body 2 Corinthians 5:1 "For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
8. Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ has Eternal Life John 3: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
“For the Joy of the Lord is your Strength” Nehemiah 8:10