Esther was a Jewish orphan (originally named Hadassah) raised by her cousin, Mordecai. They were captives along with millions of other Jews by the Persian Empire and King Ahasuerus. Esther became Queen Mordecai was favored by the King and hated by Haman Haman plotted to kill the Jews
Esther 4 (NKJV) 12 So they told Mordecai Esther’s words. 13 And Mordecai told them to answer Esther: “Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king’s palace any more than all the other Jews.
1. Do we think we can just sit back and do nothing and be left unaffected? *pride *fear
Esther 4:14 (NKJV) For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
2. Do you believe God has us at the right place, at the right time, for the right reason? Living with a sense of Purpose Our Purpose is discovered greatly at Defining moments (He has prepared you for this)
Esther 4 (NKJV) 15 Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai: 16a “Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise.”
3. Will we pray, fast, and worship more during this defining moment? * faith, authority, warfare, strength to hear
Esther 4:16b (NKJV) “ And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!” 4. Will we face the challenges and opposition that is in front of us and be determined not to quit no matter the cost?
A defining moment reveals what is truly in you. God allows defining moments to try our faith. Will we stand in faith in Him? God, You put us here to release Your Kingdom.
Esther 8 (NKJV) 1 On that day King Ahasuerus gave Queen Esther the house of Haman, the enemy of the Jews. And Mordecai came before the king, for Esther had told how he was related to her. 2 So the king took off his signet ring, which he had taken from Haman, and gave it to Mordecai; and Esther appointed Mordecai over the house of Haman. * The King’s authority released for us
1. We are called to pray and worship. 2. We are called to have a greater burden for the lost and seek new avenues for evangelism. 3. We are called to have a greater love and burden for those caught in the deception of Mormonism.
4. We are called to have a greater burden for the nations, beginning with Israel. 5. We are called to make discipleship a priority (Word).
6. We are called to provide a place where young people can be loved, discipled, and can encounter God’s presence. 7. We are to go after miracles with increased faith.
1. God, where have You called us to be? New Location: not what our preference is, God, where have You called us? 2. God, how can we grow in prayer and worship? 3. God, how can we be more involved in reaching our community?
4. God, how can we increase our finances to be better able to extend your Kingdom? 5. God, how can we have a greater heart for the nations? (Boise Nepali Christian Fellowship)
Father, we at Grace Chapel believe we are not here by accident, but that You have called us to the Kingdom for such a time as this … 2015! We hear the Holy Spirit declare to us that this is a defining year, and it is our desire to be everything that You want for us to be!
We commit to making prayer and worship who we are, so that we may have Your presence and the authority to do what you have called us to do! Father, as we ask for You to open doors and close doors, and to lead us to the location that You have called us to be at, we trust You with our whole heart!
Father God, we know that You have given to us supernatural strength so that we will not back down, be silent, or give up, so we will seize the moment and do what You call us to do! In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen!!!