No-Tech Visual Aids Flip charts, poster board, orblackboards. Sketches or diagrams Graphs Charts Maps photographs
1.Sketches or diagrams Sketch is a rapidly executed freehand drawing that is not usually intended as a finished work Use a sketch to display a simple illustration that calls attention to points you want to emphasize.
Graphs There are 3 kinds of graphs: Bar graph Pie graph Line graph
POWER POINT Over 90% of all professional speakers use PPT. But A careless PowerPoint Confusing or distracting
Creating Great PowerPoint Slides Content ( text and art) Color Font (type and size)
1. Content – a. Text Simplify text Keywords & easy-to-remember phrases Round off numbers
1. Content – b. Art Clip art, pictures, photographs Entertaining or humorous Maximum three pieces per slide Short phrases and simple illustrations
2. Color – a. Background The best background color is dark. -Black, dark blue - it eliminates the bright whiteness of the LCD projector light
2. Color – b. Title and text color That contrast well against a dark background. Yellow or White No blues, greens, reds.
3. Font Type Choose a font for titles/headings, text. East to see and easy to read
3. Font Type Roman style fonts (serif – little feet or tails) -Times New Roman - Bookman Old Style -MS Reference Serif Sans-serif fonts (no feet or tails) - Arial - Verdana - MS Reference Sans Serif
4. Font Size Main Headings/Titles : minimum 36-46pts. Smaller subheadings Text : minimum 24pts Use upper/lowercase letters.
Tips for using PowerPoint 1. Face your audience at all times. 2. Focus all of the attention on You occasionally. 3. Use PowerPoint slides sparingly. 4. Back up your PowerPoint presenation.