Presentation on theme: "“Writing the Research Report” 1. General Format 2 Typed or computer printed. Use A4 paper size. Do not use other colours or size. Use best quality paper."— Presentation transcript:
“Writing the Research Report” 1
General Format 2 Typed or computer printed. Use A4 paper size. Do not use other colours or size. Use best quality paper. Submit an original typed/computer printed materials, not a photocopy. Double-space and 12-point word font. Choose a font which is easy to read. No scripts or stylized fonts. Pages should be numbered.
Components of the Research Paper 3 Abstract Table of Contents List of Tables and Figures 1. Introduction 1.1. Significance of the Topic 1.2. Data 1.3. Method 2. Literature Review 3. Theoretical Analysis 4. Empirical Results 5. Conclusions Reference List Data and other Appendices
Title Page 4 Title of the paper Name of the writer Course name, section number and instructor College or university Date
Abstract 5 Brief summary of paper written primarly to allow potentional readers to know the paper’s subject matter to see if the paper contains information of sufficient interest for them to read the paper. An abstract should be written in one paragraph including the objective, methods and findings.
Table of Contents 6 Contains the titles of major divisions & subdivisions included in the paper in the order which they appear with their page numbers. Table of contents is a must in books, thesis and reports. In student papers, table of contents should be included.
List of Tables and Figures 7 Contains titles of the tables/figures included in the paper in the order which they appear with their page numbers.
1. Introduction 8 You have to begin with an “Introduction”. The purpose is to provide a reason for conducting this research. Start with your research question Explain why this is important Explain the data that you used for the research Explain the methods that you have used to analyze the data.
2. Literature Review 9 Summary of major studies that have been published on a research topic Three goals: 1. It should identify major findings of the topic 2. Point out major deficiencies and discuss what is missing in the literature 3. Conculde by leading to your research question by explaining how your research question could contribute to the literature.
3. Theoretical Analysis 10 Clearly describe the theory you are applying to your research problem. Common economic theory.. Such as theory of demand... Consumer theory.... Skectch out the logic of your theory
4. Empirical Results 11 Given your hypothesis, what are your results Provide the results of your research Empirical tests Empirical models.
5. Conclusions 12 Summarize your findings What is the conclusion of your research?? Could you confirm your hypotheses? Why or why not??
References 13 Citing from books: Drucker P., Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Practice and Principles, London, Heinemann, Citing from periodicals, journals, magazines, newspapers and articles: Drucker P., “The Discipline of Innovation”, Cambridge, Harvard Business Review, Harvard Business School Press, Citing from internet: Bilim ve Teknolojileri Stratejileri, Vizyon 2023,, (2003).
References 14 Direct quotes must always be credited. Microsoft Word provides a facility to write the references easily by using “footnote statement” which is under insert menu. Click insert, Click reference, Then click footnote.
Appendix 15 Appendices are reference materials provided for the convenience of the reader at the back of the paper, after the text. In the appendix, you can give additional information. It may include maps, charts, tables and selected documents. If there are more than one material in the appendix, then write as a title like: Appendix 1 Appendix 2
Presentations 16 Should be completed within 10 minutes (max).... Should have thefollowing slides: Slide 1: Title Slide 2: Introduction: Significance of the Topic Slide 3: Introduction: Data and Method Slide 4 and 5: Theoretical Model Slide 6, 7 and 8: Empirical Results Slide 9: Conclusions.