重点词汇复习与回顾 1. __________________ 用 …… 方式 2. __________________ 无论怎样 3.. __________________ 很受欢迎 4. _________________ 接近 / 靠近 5. _________________ 有危险 6. ______________________________ 防止 / 预防 / 防护 7. _________________ 从 …… 中选择 by means of by no means be popular with get close to be in danger protect/prevent/ stop/keep from choose from
重点词汇复习与回顾 8. __________________ 均分 9. __________________ 分割 10. __________________ 响起来 11. _________________ 一方面 12. ___________________ 有机会干 13.__________________ 伸出, 端出 14._________________ 站起来 divide into separate into go off on the one hand get the chance to do hold out get on one’s feet
重点词汇复习与回顾 15. __________________ 对抗 16. __________________ 争取 17. ______________________ 跪下 18. _________________ 对半 19. ___________________ 花成对半 20.__________________ 完成 21._________________ 上上下下 / 四处 fight against struggle for get down on one’s feet in half/into halves/into two cut…into halves go through with up and down
1.He regarded his marriage merely as ____to an end. A. mean B. means C. meanses D. a means 2. His mother had thought it would be good for his character to ____from home and earn some money on his own. A. run away B. take away C. keep away D. get away D D 热身训练 — 瞻前顾后
3. ____wild beasts while you are in the mountain forest. A. Look out of B. Be careful C. Watch out for D. Take care of 4. Sunglasses will ___ your eyes from sunlight. A. guard B. prevent C. protect D. stop 5.As we joined the big crowd I got ____ from my friends. A. separated B. spared C. lost D. missed C C A
7. Tom ___two of his classmates ___invited to the party. A. as well as; was B. as good as; were C. and; have D. as well; has been A 6. ________teaches that he was right. Good friendship is just not easily for me. A. Knowledge B. Teachers C. Experience D. Parents C
1.What do you have to consider before you decide which means of transportation you will use? 1) consider 用法小结 sb / sth to be sb / sth as sb / sb’s doing wh- to do that- clause 认为 打算 重难点与考点复习精讲精练
(1)I consider him as(to be) my best friend. (2) I considered that he is not to blame. (3) We are considering going on a picnic this weekend. (4) He is considering where to spent the holiday.
2) means 用法小结 means: 单复数相同, 方法, 手段 by means of by this means=with this method =in this way by all means by any means by no means 用这种方法 当然可以, 没问题, 无论如何, 千方百计地 用一切可能的方法或手段 决不, 一点也不 通过, 用, 借助于
2 ． Instead of spending your vacation on a bus, in a hotel or sitting on the beach, you may want to try hiking.(P17 Para2) instead of 代替 …… + 名词、代词或动名词 instead of 代替 …… + 名词、代词或动名词 instead 代替、更换 做副词，放在句末或句中。 He gave me the money instead of giving it to him. He didn ’ t give the money to him, but he gave it to me instead.
3. …or simply to get away from cold weather.(P17 Para2) get away from 逃离 1) I ’ m sorry I ’ m late. I was at a meeting and couldn ’ t get away from it. 2)You can ’ t get away from the fact. get 的短语 : get back get off get up get on get on /along with get together get on one’s feet get down 回来, 恢复下来, 动身, 起飞 起床, 站起来 上(车)上(车) 与某人相处, 某事的进展 聚首, 碰头 站起来下来
get to get through get down to doing get across get around get in get out 到达 通过, 接通 开始着手做某事 ( 使 ) 通过 传开, 说服 进入, 收获出去, 逃脱 His mother had thought it would be good for his character to ____from home and earn some money on his own. A. run away B. take away C. keep away D. get away D
4 ． People also travel to meet new friends, to try new kinds of food, to experience life in other parts of the world, or simply to get away from cold weather.(P17 Para2) experience v. 常用 experience joy/difficulties/defeat Our country has experienced great changes in the last fifty years. 此外， experience 还可作名词，表示 “ 经验 ” 为 不可数名词, 表示 “ 经历 ” 为可数名词．如：
凭经验 Most of today’s travellers are looking for an unusual experience and adventure travel is becoming more and more popular. (P17 Para1) Our journey was quite an experience ． He is a teacher with twenty years of experience. by experience from experience gain experience in … be experienced in… 凭经验 : 从经验中 获得 …… 经验 某方面有经验 ________teaches that he was right. Good friendship is just not easily for me. A. Knowledge B. Teachers C. Experience D. Parents. C
5.watch out for dangers, such as… (p17 Para3) watch out look out be careful take care watch out for look out for be careful of 当心，注意 sb./sth. sth.that-clause sth.to do 当心，注意 注意什么 照顾，照料 watch out for take care of sth./sb
6. Wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.(P17.Para3) protect… from (against)… 保护使其免受... guard/defend…from… 保卫使其不受侵袭 prevent/stop/keep…from… 阻止 … 干 比较： We wear sunglasses to protect our eyes from the sun. We wear sunglasses to prevent the sun from hurting our eyes.
7.Jane and Betty are going on separate holidays in a few day ’ s time. (P19 Grammar ) go on separate holidays 分别去度假 separate v. 分开，分离 separate A from B 把 A 和 B 分开 A is separated from B by get separated 被分开，冲散 单独的，各自的 As we joined the big crowd I got ____ from my friends A. separated B. spared C. lost D. missed A
8. And say “Hi” to Bob for me.(P19 Grammar) remember sb. to sb. 代某人向某人问好 say hi/hello to sb. for sb. give one’s regards to sb. send one’s wishes to sb.
9.Eco-travel is a way to find out what can be done to help animals and plants as well as people.(p20) 1)as well as 是连词, 连接两个并列成分，可以与 not only…but also… 互换，但强调的重点不同。 He can speak German as well as French. He can speak not only German but also French. Tom, as well as his two brothers,______ been to China. Not only Tom but also his two brothers _____been to China. has have
3) as well 是副词短语, 相当于 too/ also, 常放于句末. 4) may /might as well do sth 不妨做某事 Since it is a good chance,you might as well caught it. 2) well 是副词, 意思是 “ 优秀, 好 ”, as well as 是同 级比较结构. He speaks English as well as Li Ping. Tom ___two of his classmates ___invited to the Party A. as well as, was B. as good as, were C. and, have D. as well, has been A
10. fire 短语小结 catch fire; “ 着火 ” ，主语为燃烧物。 ( 动作 ) catch fire; “ 着火 ” ，主语为燃烧物。 ( 动作 ) be on fire; “ 着火 ” ，主语为燃烧物。 ( 状态 ) be on fire; “ 着火 ” ，主语为燃烧物。 ( 状态 ) be on the fire; 在火炉上 be on the fire; 在火炉上 set sth. on fire; /set fire to sth. 放火烧 set sth. on fire; /set fire to sth. 放火烧 put out fire; “ 灭火 ” ，主语为灭火的人 put out fire; “ 灭火 ” ，主语为灭火的人 go out; be out; “ 火熄灭 ” ，主语为火 go out; be out; “ 火熄灭 ” ，主语为火 make / light a fire; 生火 make / light a fire; 生火 play with fire 玩火 play with fire 玩火
Yesterday evening, a shop near our school _________________ for some reason. When the firefighters arrived, it _______________ for about twenty minutes. They tried their best to _______________. And at last the fire __________________. The police thought someone _______ the shop __________ and now they are trying to find out who _______________ it. Yesterday evening, a shop near our school _________________ for some reason. When the firefighters arrived, it _______________ for about twenty minutes. They tried their best to _______________. And at last the fire __________________. The police thought someone _______ the shop __________ and now they are trying to find out who _______________ it. caught / took fire had been on fire put out the fire was out / was put out had set on fire had set fire to
11. Before he could move, she heard a loud noise, which grew to a terrible roar. (p 24) which grew to a terrible roar. (p 24) 1) The fire lasted about 4 hours before the firefighters could control it. 2) We had walked for a whole day before we found water. 3) Before I could speak to him, he had turned away. before 从句用法讲与练 before 表示 “…… 才 ” before 表示 “ 还没来得及 ”
4) Write down the telephone number before you forgot it. forgot it. 5) They had not known each other well before they got married. they got married. 6) I had not waited long before he came. before 表示 “ 趁 ……, 以免 ……” before 表示 “…… 就 ”
7) It was not long before he left for London. It won’t be long before we meet again. 8) He will die of hunger before he will steal. 9) We will die before we will betray( 背叛 ) our country. country. 在 “it is/was+ 一段时间 +before 从句 ” 中, before 意思是 “…… 才, ……. 就 ”. before 表 “ 宁愿 … 也不 ……”
It will be a week _______I finish reading this novel. It is a week ________I finished reading this novel. It was 1949 ________the PRC was founded. It was in 1949 ________the PRC was founded. It is/was …before 才 It is / was … since… 自从 …, 已有 … 时间了 It is / was … that… 这是一个强调句型 It is / was … when … when 引导的是一个定语从句 before since when that
1. --- Shall we see him again? --- I think so. It won’t be long _____ he comes back to the hometown. --- I think so. It won’t be long _____ he comes back to the hometown. A. since B. when C. that D. before A. since B. when C. that D. before 2. It was evening _____ we reached the little town of Winchester. ( 天津 2004) A. thatB. untilC. sinceD. before A. thatB. untilC. sinceD. before 3. Scientists say it may be five or six years _____ it is possible to test this medicine on human patients. ( 福建 2004) A. since B. afterC. before D. when A. since B. afterC. before D. when D D C
12. There she saw a wall of water that was quickly advancing toward her. (p 24) advancing toward her. (p 24) vi. 前进, 发展, 进步 vt. 提出, 提高, 提前 vi. 前进, 发展, 进步 vt. 提出, 提高, 提前 n. 进步, in advance 预先 n. 进步, in advance 预先 adj. advanced 先进的, 高级的, 年老的 adj. advanced 先进的, 高级的, 年老的 1) The work is not advancing. 1) The work is not advancing. 2) They advanced many reasonable suggestions. 2) They advanced many reasonable suggestions. 3) The date of the sports meeting was advanced from 3) The date of the sports meeting was advanced from November to October. November to October. 4) Nobody can stop the advance of social civilization. 4) Nobody can stop the advance of social civilization. 5) You must pay for the book in advance. 5) You must pay for the book in advance. 6) … advanced education / workers. 6) … advanced education / workers.
1) The army seized the city. 2) seize the chance/opportunity 3) How can you catch tiger cubs without entering the tiger’s lair? 4) Sorry ， I didn’t catch your meaning. 5) Jane took the first place in the race. 6) She grasped the rope tightly with her hands. The taxi driver often reminds passengers to _____ their belongings when they leave the car. A. keepB. catchC. holdD. take D
1) He ______ his chair up to the table. 2) He _______ a heavy box out of the room. 3) It is very difficult to ______ a conclusion because each one has his own opinion. 4) It is impolite to ______ to the front while you are in the line. 14. Jeff dragged her towards the house. (p 24) drag 使劲拖 pull 指一时或 急速地拉 draw 指从容地 拉或拖 push 推、挤 press 压、按 drag, pull, draw, push 与 press 辨析 pulls dragged draw push
15. He was standing, holding on to a tree that grew against the wall. (p25) grew against the wall. (p25) hold on to 紧紧抓住 … 不放 ; 不要放弃 hold on 继续坚持下去，电话用语 “ 别挂 ” hold to 坚持，坚信 高考点击 We thought of selling the old furniture, but we decided to _____ it. It might be valuable. (02 全国 ) A.hold on toB. keep up with C. turn to D. look after A hold 短语辨析
hold back 踌躇, 阻止, 抑制, 隐瞒 She struggled to hold back her tears. Anger flooded through her. She couldn't hold it back. In the current situation many investors are holding back. She wanted to tell him but pride held her back. Tell me all about it ―don't hold anything back!
hold on 稍等，抓住 Hold on, I'll just get my coat. Hold on a minute! Isn't that your brother's car over there? Can you hold on? I'll try to find her. Hold on tight ! hold up 举起, 支撑, 继续下去, 阻挡, 拦截 The roof is held up by massive stone pillars （柱子）. Sorry I'm late - I was held up at work. ( delay) His physical condition has held up well. (to not become weaker)
1) The bandits not only took his money but also beat him up badly. 2) His heart beat so fast that he could hardly breathe. 3) A hurricane hit the district. 4) When the woman passed by, a stone hit her on the head. 5) Strike while the iron is hot. 6) I was struck by the beauty of the West Lake when I visited it. 7) The clock has just struck four.
17. Tree after tree went down, cut down by the water. ( p 25) by the water. ( p 25) cut down / off /up cut off a. 切断, 阻断 a. 切断, 阻断 If you cut off the supply of water and electricity, we can do nothing but give in. If you cut off the supply of water and electricity, we can do nothing but give in. b. 停止, 中断... 的 ( 电话 ) 通话 b. 停止, 中断... 的 ( 电话 ) 通话 He cut off her rudely. He cut off her rudely. We were cut off in the middle of our telephone conversation. We were cut off in the middle of our telephone conversation. c. 切掉, 砍掉 c. 切掉, 砍掉 He had a finger cut off by a machine. He had a finger cut off by a machine.
cut down 砍掉, 切掉 ; 减少 ( 数量等 ) cut down expenses 减少开支 cut up 切碎, 剪碎 cut up meat 将肉切碎 cut through 剪断 ; 刺 ( 凿 ) 穿 ; 抄近路穿过 The tailor cut through the cloth by mistake. They had to cut through the mountain to make a railway here. Cut through this alley( 胡同 ). It will save time.
He was in hospital for six months. He felt as if he was ______ from outside world. (04 北京春季 ) He was in hospital for six months. He felt as if he was ______ from outside world. (04 北京春季 ) A. cut out B. cut off A. cut out B. cut off C. cut upD. cut through C. cut upD. cut through B
巩固与强化训练 1.Several times he tried to get ____the boy in the water, but he failed because of waves. A. close to B. next to C. nearly to D. about to 2. It was raining heavily, Little Mary felt cold, so she stood ____to her mother.( 北京 2002) A.close B. closely C. closed D. closing 3.John plays football ______,if not better than, David. A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as A A B
4. So far all possible means ____,but there was no result. A. is tried B. are tried C. has be tried D. have been tried 5. Some books which are in English are ____with students of English. A. welcome B. received C. pleased D. popular 6. Only by this ___can you work out the problem. A. way B. manner C. method D. means be popular with=be well received by 受到欢迎 D D D
7. ____ it is to go hiking in the mountains! A. What a fun B. How fun C. What fun D. How the fun 8. ---How soon will you be ____? ---____three days ’ time. My air ticket is on March 1. A. at; In B. away; For C. off; For D. off; In C D
9. ---___for the glass! ---It ’ s OK. I ’ m wearing shoes.( 湖南 2004) A. Look out B. Walk out C. Go out D. Set out 10.---What made you so worried? ---Jim ’ s leaving home ____saying good-bye. A. instead of B. instead C. in place of D. without A D
11. ---Are you going to change your present job? ---I have been ___doing it,but I haven ’ t decided. A. considering B. thinking C. imaging D.hoping 12.---Why did you cover the plans with plastics? ---To___ them from cold. A. prevent B. stop C. protect D. pretend 13. ---Is there a hospital in your town? ----No,but there____. A. used to B. used to have C.were used to D. used to be A D C
14.___to go hiking by yourself in the forest. A. What unusual experience B. What an unusual experience C.how unusual experience D. How an unusual experience 15. The final exam is coming up soon.It’s time for us to ____our studies. A. get down to B. get out C. get along D.get through B A
16. The young man ______ in a shop was sent to the police station. to the police station. A. who caught stealing A. who caught stealing B. to be caught stealing B. to be caught stealing C. caught stealing C. caught stealing D. caught to steal D. caught to steal C 17. The police are looking for the man who ____ to the house. to the house. A. set a fire B. put fire A. set a fire B. put fire C. set fireD. put a fire C. set fireD. put a fire C