Presentation on theme: "1.1.____ late in the morning, Bob turned off the alarm. A.To sleep B. Sleeping C. Sleep D. Having slept 2001 春季高考 第 21 题 Multiple choice 2.___ a letter."— Presentation transcript:
1.1.____ late in the morning, Bob turned off the alarm. A.To sleep B. Sleeping C. Sleep D. Having slept 2001 春季高考 第 21 题 Multiple choice 2.___ a letter from her parents, Lily is now looking forward to ___ from them. A.Having not received; hear B. Not received; hear C. Not having received; hearing D. Receiving not; hearing V/phrases +ing: appreciate; avoid; can’t help; consider; enjoy; escape; finish; give up; imagine; insist on; keep(on); mind;miss… devote oneself to; pay attention to; be used to; get down to…; lead to; stick to; look forward to; object to
不定式 不定式的作用 1 [ 例 1] NMET 2000 第 19 题 I’ve work with children before, so I know what ___ in my job. A. expected B. to expect C. to be expecting D. expects B 解析 该题考查疑问 + 不定式在句中做宾语的用法。英 语中有一些动词 后可以跟一个疑问词的不定式 做宾语，如： tell, discuss, know, show, learn, decide, wonder, explain…
解析 [ 例 2] NMET 1999 第 21 题 The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ____ it more difficult. A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make. B 不定式 不定式的作用 1 因为主语是 the purpose ，在（ purpose, wish, promise, plan ）后常跟不定式，古表 语要用不定式， to 不能省略，因此构成 the purpose is to … not to … do 句型，故选 B 。
不定式的时态 2 [ 例 3] NMET 1997 第 12 题 I would love _____ to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report. A. to go B. having gone C. going D. to have gone D 不定式 常和不定式完成式连用的动词还有： Would love, meant, hoped, planned, expected, promised, wish 等 例如： I meant to have telephoned you, but I forgot. 解析 [ 例 4] NMET 1999 第 14 题 Robert is said ____ abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in. A.to have studied B. to study C. to be study D. to have been studying A
解析 该题考查动词不定式做宾语的 用法。 Would love(like) to 是固定搭配，因此 B 、 C 、不合题意。 Would love+ 不定式一般式， 表示 “ 想，希望 ” ，而接不定式完成式则表 示 “ 原本希望，而未曾实现 ” 的意思。
不定式 不定式的否定形式 3 [ 例 5] NMET 1996 年 The patient was warned ____ oily food after the operation. A. to eat not B. eating not C. not to eat D. not eat C 解析 该题考查不定式的否定式作主补。要注意 warn 后跟词方式， ① warn sb. not to do sth. ② warn sb. against doing sth. 该题应该用①结 构。两外， not 应放在 to 之前。 在大多数的动词可接不定式短语做宾补， 只有少数动词（五个看 see,watch,notice, observe,look at ；三使役 make,let, have; 二 听 listen to,hear 等）须接不带 to 的不定式做 宾补。
过去分词 过去分词主要考查其在句中作状语、定语、表 语和补语的用法。 1. 作状语 [ 例 1] NMET1996 第 23 题 _____ in thought,he almost ran into the car in front of him. A. Losing B. Having lost C. Lost D. To lose C 解析 1. 该题考查过去分词作状语的用法。动词 -ing 或过去分词作状语，其逻辑主语应是主语。 2. “ 陷入深思 ” 有两种表达法， A.Lose oneself in thought B.be lost in thought, 按句子提供的 语境可用结构 B.
过去分词 2. 作定语 [ 例 2] NMET1997 第 17 题 The Olympic Games,___ in 776 B.C.did not include women players until 1912. A. first played B. to be first played C. first playing D. to be first playing A 解析 ①过去 分词做定语与其修饰词之间是动宾关系且 过去分词表示的动作以完成。 ② 现在分词作定语表示动作正在发生，与修饰词是 主谓关系。 ③不定式作定语表示将要发生的动作。 所以 A 是正确的。 First played in 776B.C.=which was first played in 776 B.C.
过去分词 3. 作表语 [ 例 3] NMET1998 第 23 题 Cleaning women in big cities usually get ____ by the hour. A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to pay C 解析 该题考查分词作表语的用法。 “ to pay sb. by the hour ” 计时给某人 报酬。此题被动结构作表语。类 似的有： get burnt, get hurt, get wounded.
过去分词 4. 作补语 解析 该题考查过去分词作宾语补足语 的用法。 The plan 与 carry out 的 关系是被动关系。 See sth.done 这结构常见的还有 watch(notice, observe,have 和 make)sth. done. [ 例 4] NMET2000 第 22 题 The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see ___ the next year. A. carry put B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out C
-ing 形式 -ing 形式主要考查其在句子中作定语和状语的用法 [ 例 ] NMET1998 European football is played in 80 countries, ___ it the most popular sport in the world. A. making B. makes C. made D. to make A 解析
Making it the popular sport in the world 为现在分词短语作结果状语，这类分 词短语常放在句子的后面,ing 表示顺其 自然，不定式表示突然，出乎意料。 如： His parents died, leaving him an orphan. He rushed to the post office only to find it was closed
1. The speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself____. (NMET91 34) A.hear B. to hear C. hearing D. heard 2. On afternoon, Mrs Green went to the market, ____ some bananas and visited her cousin. (NMET91 23) A. bought B. buying C. to buy D. writing 3. --I usually go there by train. --Why not ____ by boat for a change? (NMET92 14) A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going 4. ____ a reply, he decided to write again. (MET92 39) A. Not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received
5. How about the two of us ____ a walk down the garden? (MET93 17) A. to take B. take C. taking D. to be taking 6. ____ down the radio ---- the baby’s asleep in the next room. (MET93 24) A. Turning B. To turn C. Turned D. Turn 7. Charles Babbage is generally considered ____ the first computer. (MET93 34) A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented 8. ---I must apologize for ____ ahead of time. ---That’s all right. (MET94 21) A. letting you not know B. not letting you know C. letting you know not D. letting not you know 9. Rather than ___ on a crowded bus, he always prefers ____ a bicycle. (NMET94 22) A. ride; ride B. riding; ride C. ride; to ride D. to ride; riding
10. The missing boys were last seen ____ near the river.(NMET94 25) A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play 11. The first textbooks ____ for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16 th century. (NMET94 34) A.having written B. to be written C. being written D. written 12. ---You were brave enough to raised objections at the meeting. ---Well, now I regret ____ that. (NMET95 26) A. to do b. to be doing C. to have done D. having done 13. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him_____. (NMET95 35) A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to 14. ---What do you think made Mary so upset? ---____ her new bicycle. (97 上海 13) A. As she lost B. Lost C. Losing D. Because of losing
15. She can’t help ____ the house because she’s busy making a cake. (97 上海 12 ) A. to clean B. cleaning C. cleaned D. being cleaned 16. She looks forward every spring to _____ the flower-lined garden. (95 上海 20) A. visit B. paying a visit C. walk in D. walking in 17. While shopping, people sometime can’t help ____ into buying something they don’t really need. (96 上海 14) A. to pursue B. persuading C. being persuaded D. be persuaded 18. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ____ it more difficult. (NMET99 21) A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make 19. A computer does only what thinking people _____. (99 上海 19) A. have it do B. have it done C. have done it D. having it done 20. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door ____ “Sorry to miss you; will call later.” (NMET99 25) A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading
5.Mrs.Smith warned her husband_____after drinking again and again. A.never to drive B.to never drive C.never driving D.never rive 20. The library needs ______,but it’ll have to wait until Sunday. A. cleaning B. be cleaned C. clean D. being cleaned 4.Our father often told us in the past that _____is believing.A.to see B.seeing C.see D.to be seen 1.He gave us some advice on how____ English. A.learning B. learned C. to learn D. learn 2. It ’s a pay day ， and they are waiting____. A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to be paid 3. --- A letter may be too slow. ---- Why not ____ a telegram. A.try sending B.try to send C.to try sending D.trying to send 巩固练习 C D A B A
1._____is a good of exercise for both the young and the old. A.The walk B.Walking C.To walk D.Walk 2.When and where to build the new power station______yet. A.is not decided B.are not decided C.has not decided D.have not decided 3.Is______necessary to change trains at Beijing? A. thisB. thatC. itD. he 4.Our father often told us in the past that _____is believing. A.to see B.seeing C.see D.to be seen 5.She pretended____the letter I wrote the day before yesterday. A.not to receive B.not receiving C.not to hear from D.having not received 6.I can’t imagine_____that with such a famous author. A.work B.to work C.to be working D.working Non-infinitive
7.She reached the top of the hill and stopped_____on a big rock by the side of the path. A.to have rested B.resting C.to rest D.rest 8.Do you consider___any good attempting many scientific experiments? A.there B.it C.this D.that 9.I’m thirsty. Would you please give me something________. A.drunk B.to drink C.to be drunk D.for drinking 10.There was a terrible noise_______the sudden burst of light. A.followed B.following C.to be followed D.being followed 11 ． Mrs.Smith warned her husband_____after drinking again and again. A.never to drive B.to never drive C.never driving D.never rive 12.They knew her very well.They had seen her____up from childhood. A.grow B.grew C.was growing D.to grow 13. Believe it or not, he was seen______upstairs just now. A.to go B.to going C.having gone D.go
14. It was so cold that they kept the fire ________all night. A. to burn B. burn C. burning D. burned 15. The murderer was brought in,with his hands _____behind his back. A. being tied B. having tied C. to be tied D. tied 16. To master a foreign language,______. A. a lot of practice is needed B. it needs a lot of practice C. practice is in need of D. one needs a lot of practice 17._________a reply, he decided to write a sixth letter. A. Not receiving B. Not to receive C. Not having received D. Having not received 18. Little Jim should love _____to the theatre this evening. A. to be taken B. to take C. being taken D. taking 19. —What do you think of the book? —Oh, excellent. It’s worth ______a second time. A. to read B. to be read C. reading D. being read 20. The library needs ______,but it’ll have to wait until Sunday. A. cleaning B. be cleaned C. clean D. being cleaned