Presentation on theme: "Living a Life of No Regrets. Psalm 51:1-4 51 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies."— Presentation transcript:
Living a Life of No Regrets
Psalm 51: Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Regret: “Sorrow or remorse, especially over one’s acts or omissions… sorrow over a person or thing gone, lost, etc.” -Webster
5 most common regrets of the dying 1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish I had let myself be happier.
Common regrets 1. Speaking something unkindly to someone. Eph.4:32 2. Not telling someone how much they Mean to you…until it is too late. James 4:13,14 3. Not acting right before someone. Gal.6:1;I Pet.2:21 4. Being with the wrong crowd. I Cor. 15:33 5. Taking the name of the Lord in vain Ex.20:7
6. Showing hatred to someone.IJno.3:15,16 7. Gossiping about others.I Tim.5:13 8. Taking something that belonged to someone else. Mtt.19:18 9. Not paying others what you owe them. Rom.13:8 10.Not being a good example to Family,friends, and fellow employees. Mt.5:16
Most of us already have regrets 1. Like Peter, we regret when we have denied the Lord. Matt. 26:69-75
2.. Like Paul, we regret rejecting the Lord. And hurting the cause of Christ. Acts 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.
3. Like David, we regret engaging In sin. Psalms 51:1-4 It may not have been adultery, but The sin that doth so easily beset us. Heb. 12:1,2
Yet, we can start living a life of No Regrets 1. Being faithful to the Lord. Rev. 14:13 I Cor. 15:58 Heb. 11:6
2.Being good to our family. Your wife/husband can count on you. Eph. 5:25; Eph. 5:23 Your children, grandchildren know you are there for them. Eph. 6:4 You will never regret that!
3. Being a member of the Lord’s church and really loving the family of God. Acts 2:47 Eph. 4:4-6 I Tim. 3:15 When we are saved in Heaven, We’ll be together forevermore
I’ll never regret being there The Sat. it snowed!
Thanks for taking the picture Jackie Gooch Those not on the picture: Leah Taylor, Addie Mae and Noah We had a great time together at The Pizza Hut later!
4. Examining yourself and making corrections in your own life. 2 Cor. 13:5 James 5:16 I John 1:9
Sometimes not easy, but you’ll never regret correcting it.
Lord what must I do? 1. Hear the word of God. Rom. 10:17 2. Believe the gospel. John 8:24 3. Repent. Acts 17:30,31 4. Confess. Matt. 10:32,33 5. Be baptized. Acts 22:16
Erring Christian: Acknowledge your sins. I John 1:9 James 5:16 Pray and ask others to pray for you. Acts 8:24.