Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Breakout Session Wrap-up RA43 James Shannon, IATA.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Breakout Session Wrap-up RA43 James Shannon, IATA."— Presentation transcript:

1 Breakout Session Wrap-up RA43 James Shannon, IATA

2 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup2 Thank you.  Your questions have shaped the:  IS Participation Guide  SIS website (www.iata.org/sis)www.iata.org/sis  Future webcasts  This presentation (not all questions answered here, clarifications, more details, etc) Agenda  General & Key Takeaways  In-depth IS  Migration  IS Participation Guide  E-Invoicing

3 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup3 The Big Green Box IS-XML IS-IDEC Billing Record DB Supp. Doc. Usage File ATPCO Invoice PDF Billing Outward IS-WEB IS-XML IS-IDEC Supp. Doc. Supp. Doc. Digital Signature Validation & Correction (IS-WEB) Billing Carrier Billing Value Confirmation ATPCOATOS Interface ACH Interface ICH IS-WEB Validation Supp. Doc. Value Determination & Auto-Billing Digital Signature

4 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup4 General  Will existing RA systems be able to provide the file formats required for SIS?  Not without system changes.  Is SIS replacing my RA system?  No. It is our policy that we don’t replace any RA system. Even IS-WEB is a complement to an RA system, not a replacement.  What will I be charged for _______?  The charges are listed in the Airline Business Case, on the IS website.

5 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup5 General  When will __________________ be available?  Further details  Record structures  Validated fields  As part of the IS Participation Guide (ISPG) end October.  IS-XML is an ongoing development – from now onwards (job of E- Invoicing WG and E-Invoicing Manager).  Other record structures will be finalized by release of ISPG.  NO modifications to ISPG because a carrier finds it “difficult” to make necessary changes to support SIS.  Working practices and best practices might change. Wording might change. No material changes, though.

6 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup6 General  Will there be a special general meeting called to discuss IS implementation?  The SIS team will be planning the next phase soon, and this is part of the agenda. The RAWG will make the decision.  Tools for migration  We’re investigating the best way to assist in your migration, such as a website that will perform file validations and provide a list of errors

7 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup7 General  “Old” IDEC processes (sending & receiving) during the migration period will be exactly the same as today:  Same schedule (once per month, not once per week as IS-IDEC)  Same reports  Same validation  iiNet  Training & Help  IS Participation Guide is an IT implementation document  Business processes are discussed where these intersect with IT implementation  IS User Guide to be released  Online help provided to IS-WEB users based on the current page

8 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup8 General  When is the mandate date?  The IATA Board of Governors and FinCom support a mandate date.  But no specific date until IS launches and is proven to be usable, with sizable volumes going through Integrated Settlement.  SIS estimates that this will be Sept  Why can’t we just have a single go-live/mandate period (“big bang”)?  The WGs discussed this and realized it’s not feasible for the industry.

9 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup9 General  SOX & Auditing Controls  IS will be an invoicing system, not an accounting system  Any controls you have in place today will have to reviewed during migration  SIS will take into consideration publishing a document detailing our internal controls  IS and the RAM  IS follows, and will follow in the future, RAM rules  For example, IS has no check on # of iterations of correspondence – this is not in the RAM  Should the RAM be updated in the future, IS will be updated

10 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup10 General  How will suspensions and late submissions work with IS?  These processes have been discussed extensively with the Miscellaneous WG and the ICH Ops WG  More details will be shared in Athens (the ICH UG meeting)

11 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup11 In-depth IS  IS & UATP & ATCAN  Same as today.  ATCAN will submit to IS on your behalf if you choose to use ATCAN.  Otherwise you submit directly to IS.  Use IS-XML (IS-WEB). Specific charge category and charge code defined.  Still a “U” billing category. Not displayed/analyzed with M invoices in IS.  Error Reporting  Not like today’s IDEC  Robust  Doesn’t stop after the first error  Provides summary information

12 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup12 In-depth IS  Maximum amount for BMs & CMs (billing memos & credit memos)?  Despite example of max amount for pax prime billings ($99,999), no max amount for BMs & CMs.  Technical limitations (record structure) limits a BM or CM to 9 digits (999,999,999)  Daily Submission of Files  We will ensure we allow enough invoices to support separate invoices for primes, RMs, etc., every day

13 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup13 In-depth IS  Deletion of files before re-uploading, automatic resubmission of invoices  You must delete a file via IS-WEB before re-uploading  You must manually submit an invoice  There are control issues here. These are legal invoices. WG members have said they want these actions to be conscious decisions, not something that might happen accidentally.  The IS Member Profile  You can post-date changes  You can view the audit trail of what was changed, when, and by whom

14 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup14 In-depth IS  10 alphanumeric invoice number  Invoice number in IS will be 10 alphanumeric  This is mandatory, but can be padded with blanks (e.g. “54321 ”)  Increased to ensure any future enhancements:  Invoice number blocks for non-IS, pax, cargo, misc, UATP  Can handle daily settlement (no plans for daily settlement at this time)  Availability  IS will be 24x7  Some processes will take x hours. Some will happen at a certain time (such as ICH settlement).

15 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup15 In-depth IS  FIM Billings  In case of original FIM billings, linked coupon numbers will not be provided as a breakdown – but supporting documents will be attached  A FIM is a prime billing, in and of itself  Received File Choices  Predetermined by your carrier (in the airline profile)  Defined at billing transaction level (Pax prime, pax rejection, etc)  Everything available via IS-WEB  Member Profile Permissions for “Aggregated” Carriers (e.g. LH/LH Cargo)  One account per designator/accounting code, separate accounts

16 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup16 In-depth IS  Validation  Failed invoices can be rolled over within a given month; potential currency conversions prevent it from being useful in the following month  Coupons are in currency of listing. Converted to currency of billing at invoice level. IS will validate the math is correct, but not the rate used.  Reject Memo Breakdowns  RM Reason Code affects validation done  For some reason codes (e.g. ISC Reclaim), a coupon breakdown is required. For others (e.g. Incorrect Sample Constant), it’s not.  If tax breakdown was provided on the original prime coupon billing, and that coupon is rejected, the coupon and its attached tax breakdown records must be provided.

17 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup17 In-depth IS  Is IS designed for daily settlement?  No action has been taken by ICH/ACH toward daily settlement.  However, IS has been designed with this possibility in mind.  Can I send an invoice to IS for ICH or ACH settlement?  Yes. You can specify which clearinghouse will be used. This will be validated.  You can also specify “B” (bilateral) to send the invoice to the other party and skip the clearinghouse.  What do we have to attach to a RM?  This will be defined in the RAM. SIS will not check this.

18 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup18 Migration  Can a non-IDEC carrier migrate directly to IS-IDEC?  Yes.  Is it possible that I’ll receive two IDEC files from a given airline in a single period?  Yes. One IS-IDEC (weekly) and one old IDEC (monthly) (e.g. Pax primes in one, RMs in another).  Can a carrier migrate in the middle of the month?  Yes. At the beginning of any period.  There will be some notice required.

19 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup19 Migration  After I’ve migrated, can I choose to received old IDEC?  No. (This would minimize the primary benefits of using IS.)  What you will receive on IS-IDEC versus old IDEC will depend on the migration status of your interline partners.  Can I migrate only Pax?  Yes. But at some point before the mandate date, you need to migrate Cargo.  Will a migrated billing carrier be required to send paper for a given period of time? How long?  The RAWG expects that this will be 3 months. See RA43 Agenda Item P16.  There are no plans for discussion or change of the 3 month timeframe.

20 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup20 Migration  How will the billing carrier know who has migrated?  The billing carrier shouldn’t care. It can submit IS-IDEC for any record type it is able, to any billed carrier.  How will the billed carrier know who has migrated?  The billed carrier will be able to search for invoices and see which have been received via IS.  The ICH will show all settled invoices and differentiate the IS invoices from the non-IS (F12) invoices.  The ACH will show total values, and, as today, this must be reconciled as invoices come in (via IS or via mail).

21 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup21 Migration  Airline-by-airline Migration Schedule  SIS would not be able to support all airlines signing up in a single month, but we believe this is a low risk, as it is unlikely that all airlines will be ready at the same time  A migration manager will be part of the project in order to schedule migrations and manage bottlenecks  We intend to accommodate airlines as much as possible to ensure there are no delays due to SIS issues  Migration of Miscellaneous Invoices  Practically, the Misc WG expects that all Misc invoices will be migrated at the same time  Technically, there is no structure to migration – you can migrate any charge category/charge code at the same time, or you can submit some of the same charge codes via F12/Recap Sheet and some via IS

22 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup22 Migration  Will IS provide a way to download RMs for non-migrated carriers? (or any other billing type)  Yes. But in a displayable format (HTML, PDF, etc), not in a structured- data (machine-readable) format.  After migration, can I submit things that I received before migration?  Yes. After you’ve migrated then all processes can go through IS.  If an item is in correspondence, then I migrate, do I have to upload all previous attachments?  No. This is a choice made by the carrier entering correspondence onto IS-WEB.

23 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup23 Migration  If we receive a billing via IS, but haven’t migrated, do we have to reject via IS?  This would be similar to the rule for RMs – an RM received via IS has to be rejected via IS.  But, no, there is no rule that a prime has to be rejected via IS. The rules will be defined in the RAM.  Does the structured approach of migration (migrate primes, then RMs, etc) apply to Cargo, too?  Yes.

24 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup24 IS Participation Guide  How will the ISPG be distributed?  It’ll be available publicly on the SIS website.  A bulletin will be sent out to announce it.  What do we do if we have questions?  There will be a series of instructional webcasts with Q&As after the release.  There is always the SIS website which has the ability to the team.

25 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup25 E-Invoicing & File Uploads  IS will not be a legal archive.  If you need to archive invoices/attachments/digital signatures/etc, then you will need to download these and archive them yourself.  IS will offer an optional service to archive your invoices.  Will you check if we apply VAT correctly?  No.  Do we still get the Forms 1, 2, and 3?  You will still get the Form 1 (Summary of Invoices) report and the Form 3 (Statement of Balances).  No Form 2.

26 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup26 E-Invoicing & File Uploads  Will the reconciliation process change?  No. You can download or print the invoices from SIS. And you still get the Form 3 from ICH. The difference is you don’t have to wait for the paper to arrive.  Do the supporting documents have to be electronic?  Yes. Supporting documents to billings through IS must go via IS and be in an electronic format.

27 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup27 E-Invoicing & File Uploads  There can be exceptions to the “neutral file format” rule.  A participant can unilaterally choose (via the profile) to accept additional file types from all other participants.  We attach a large volume of supporting documents today. Will we have to scan all of these?  Probably not.  The RAM is being re-written to minimize the need for supporting documents (no copies of the paper coupon, for example). This is driven by RAWG. With electronic RAM, the rule changes could be made before end of  Most of what you attach are in your system to begin with. Don’t print them just to scan them. The system can create a PDF or a CSV file.

28 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup28 Linking Supporting Documents  Attachments will have to be associated with invoices or records 1.Attachments can be uploaded one-by-one via IS-WEB 2.A zip file with many attachments can be uploaded to IS and: 1.Manually associated via screens on IS-WEB 2.Contain attachments in a defined folder structure so that IS can automatically associate the attachments 3.Contain an index file that matches attachments to records so that IS can automatically associate the attachments  SIS, Kale, and the Working Groups analysed potential options and the above were chosen as the easiest ways to attach considering existing systems and scanners

29 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup29 Linking Supporting Documents  Documents can be uploaded before or after the billings are uploaded  You can specify that a billing or invoice should have supporting document in the IS-IDEC record  This will make it easy to search for and upload documents via IS-WEB

30 September 2009SIS P3 – RA43 – Breakout Session Wrapup30 Last Questions? SIS Website: 


Download ppt "Breakout Session Wrap-up RA43 James Shannon, IATA."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google