Presentation on theme: "advertising aim specifically instance list confusing misleading truth 广告 瞄准 特定地 例子 列出 令人困惑的 令人误解的 事实."— Presentation transcript:
advertising aim specifically instance list confusing misleading truth 广告 瞄准 特定地 例子 列出 令人困惑的 令人误解的 事实
be aimed at for instance confusing misleading at times sometimes, but not often for example mix up in the mind have sth as a plan or intention lead wrongly, give a wrong idea to Have a try
How do you feel about the ad? It makes me annoyed/ uncomfortable.
How do you feel about the ad? It makes me want to buy one.
before after 奇强贬日篇 washing powder Can you guess the ad?
Can you guess the ad?
Come and buy this mobile phone. It’s convenient to take it anywhere because it is very light and thin. You can surf the Internet with it. You can listen to music with it, and you can even take some beautiful photos with it! The most important thing is that it just costs you ￥ 500. confusing 令人困惑的 misleading 骗人的 What do you think of this slogan?
Ads are creative and interesting Keep moving. 永不止步。 Anything is possible. 一切皆有可能.
It makes our cities and countryside look ugly.
Scan the article and find out what the article is about. A.The article is about advantages and disadvantages of ads. B. The article is about the importance of ads. C. The article is about the history of ads.
However, some adverting can be confusing or misleading. Sometimes, the words sound good but don’t really tell you anything about the quality of the product.
Others hate ads, saying that they make our cities and countryside look ugly.
Read carefully and fill in the chart. Advertising: pros and cons Advantages Some ads can be very_________. They can help you to __________ two different products. They can also help you _____ ______. Disadvantages Ads make our cities and countryside look ________. Ads can be _____________ and ____________. An ad can lead you to buy something you _____ _____ __ ___. useful compare save money ugly misleading confusing don’t need at all
T or F 1.It’s true all ads can be very useful. 2.Sometimes ads can help us save money. 3.Many ads are aimed at the olds. 4.Ads can help us compare two different products. 5.All ads tell you everything about the quality of the products. 6.We may buy something we don’t need at all because of ads. T F F T T F
pros and cons aim at for instance so that save money the quality of the product at other times at times lead sb. to do sth. 赞成与反对 瞄准 ; 针对 例如 以便，为了 节约钱 产品的质量 在其他时候；也有时候 有时 ; 偶然 怂勇, 引诱某人去做某事
1. pros and cons n. 赞成和反对的理由 例如： To consider all the pros and cons of a matter before reaching a decision. 作出决定前先好好考虑所有赞成和 反对的理由。 3a Reading
2. It’s true that some ads can be very useful. 一些广告的确很有用。 (1) It’s + adj. +that 其中 it 是形式主 语, 代替 that 引导的主语从句。 如： It is strange that be had made a mistake. 真怪, 他竟做错了。
1. For instance, they can help you to compare two different products so that you can buy the one you really need. 如他们能够帮你比较两种不同 的产品, 以至于你买到你真正需要的那个。 (1) for instance= for example 例如 (2) compare 比较，对照 compare...with... 把 … 与 … 相比 compare...to... 把 … 比作 If we compare French schools with British schools, we will find many differences.
2. However, some advertising can be confusing or misleading. 然而, 一些广告会混淆或误导你。 confuse v. 使迷惑 confused adj. 迷惑的, 糊涂的 confusing adj. 令人迷惑的 Waking up in strange surroundings confused her. 她醒来时看到一片陌生的环境, 这把她搞糊涂了。 The instructions are very confusing and I can’t understand them. 这些指示莫名其妙, 我没有办法理解。 He gets confused easily. 他很容易被弄糊涂。
3. useful adj. 有用的 useless adj. 无用的, 无价值的 a useful idea 有用的主意 a few useless suggestions 一些无价值的建议 4. mislead v. 使某人做错, 误导 misleading adj. a misleading description / advertisement 误导人的描述（广告）
5. You have to be careful. 你得小心。 be careful= look out 小心, 当心 be careful of sth You should be careful of your health. Be careful when crossing the road. 过马路要小心。 Look out! There’s danger ahead. 当心！前面有危险。
6. At times an ad can lead you to buy something you don't need at all. 有时, 一个广告能导致你去买你根本不需要的东西。 at times=sometimes 有时 At times/Sometimes I wonder if it’s really useful. at other times 在其他时候；也有时候 At other times, the picture in an ad looks a lot better than a real thing. lead sb. to do 怂勇, 引诱
Fill in the blanks according to the article. A: I hate watching TV now. B: 1___________________? A: Because there are too 2______ ads. B: Yes, there are. But they can also give us a lot of information. A: Don’t you know a lot of ads are 3_____________? They mislead us. B: That’s true. Some ads tell us the 4________, but some don’t. A: So when we want to buy the things, we should be 5_________. Why many misleading truth careful
Find some ads like these and try to make up new dialogues about how you feel.
I would love to jump out of a plane. Not me. This picture makes me feel tense.