Presentation on theme: "Section A Period Three. product France no matter local brand avoid handbag mobile everyday v. 生产；制造；出产 n. 法国 不论；无论 adj. 当地的；本地的 adj. 品牌；牌子 v. 避免；回避 n."— Presentation transcript:
Section A Period Three
product France no matter local brand avoid handbag mobile everyday v. 生产；制造；出产 n. 法国 不论；无论 adj. 当地的；本地的 adj. 品牌；牌子 v. 避免；回避 n. 小手提包 adj. 可移动的；非固定的 adj. 每天的；日常的 Words Review
brand Are you familiar with these products? Where do they come from?
To learn some key words and useful expressions To get information on products made in China
Before you read 1 Look at the photo, the questions in 3a and the title to the story on page 35. Then answer the questions below. 1. What can you see in the picture? 2. What may the passage talk about? American flag and a piece of cloth written “Made in China”. It may talk about products made in China or made in America.
Read the passage quickly and answer the questions. 1.What two things did Kang Jian want to buy in America? 2. Did he found them? Yes? No? A toy car and a pair of basketball shoes. I’m not sure whether he had found them or not. For he found most of the toys were made in China. He had to visit... 3a P35
While you read 2 Read Paragraph 1 and tell if the following statements are right or wrong? 1.The products, such as cameras, beautiful clothes, watches are made in foreign countries. 2.Kang Jian can easily buy an American- made toy cars. 3.Kang Jian went to San Francisco last year. F F T
Read Paragraph 2 and fill in the blanks. Toys are not the only things made in China. In fact, there are many other things there are _____________ --- footballs, ________, pet food, ____________. Even American flags are made in China. Kang Jian found that Americans can ____________ buying products made in China. He wishes China will get better at _______________ ____________________ that people can buy in all parts of the world. made in Chinahandbags mobile phones hardly avoid making high- technology products
1.Where did Kang Jian go to visit his aunt and uncle? 2.What did he discover in the toy stories? 3.Why did he have to visit many stores before buying a pair of shoes? 4.What did he realize after his shopping experience? 5. Why do you think so many products in America are made in China? How do you feel about this? Read the passage and answer the questions. 3b P35 San Francisco. He discovered that many products in local shops were made in China. 3.Because he wanted to buy the shoes made in America. Yet, most of them were made in China. He realized that American can hardly avoid buying products made in China.
Read the passage again and write what the underlined words refer to. 1. No matter what you may buy, you might probably think those products were made in those countries. those: _____________________________ A camera, beautiful clothes, a watch Japan, France and Switzerland 3c P35
2. He found it interesting that so many products in the local shops were made in China. 3. I wanted to buy a toy car for my cousin, but even though most of the toys were American brands, they were made in China. 形式宾语 most of the toys
1. No matter what you may buy, you might probably think those products were made in those countries. 1. no matter 不论；无论 no matter what 无论什么 no matter when 无论何时 no matter where 无论何处 no matter how 无论如何 No matter who he is, he must obey the law.
2. might 在这里不是表示过去式，而是表 示可能性很小 might 也可代替 may, 以表示礼貌 I was afraid they might not like the idea. 我担心他们会不赞成这个意见。 Might I make a suggestion? 我可以提个建议吗 ?
3. product, produce 区别 produce 是农产品、天然产物或工业产品的 总称, 是不可数名词 ; product 指某种自然的或人工生产的产品, 也指 文学或艺术方面的作品，是可数名词 Among the products of the factory are tractors, ploughs and lorries. 这家工厂的产品包括拖拉机、犁和卡车。 This is a product of genius. 这是一部天才的作品。
2. He realized that Americans can hardly avoid buying products made in China. avoid: “ 避免 ( 成功 )” ( 若是企图避免却失败的， 不可用 avoid) He avoided answering my questions. 他避不回答我的问题。 I avoided him as much as possible. 我尽可能地躲开他。
知识链接 everyday 、 every day 的区别 everyday 是形容词, 意思是 “ 每天的；日 常的 ”, 后面必须接被修饰的名词 ; every day 是副词, 意思是 “ 每天 ”, 表示 动作的时间。放在句首或句末，用来 修饰整个句子。
注 : 另附 word 文档。 点击此处链接
______ the weather will be like tomorrow, we’ll go surfing. A. No matter how B. No matter what's C. No matter what D. No matter if C 单项选择
We'll never give up working on the experiment, _______ difficult it is. A. no matter how B. no matter when C. no matter what D. no matter where A
-- What will the weather be like tomorrow? -- It ______ be rainy, cloudy or sunny. Who knows? （ 2010 安徽） A. must B. might C. shall D. should -- Where's Jeff? -- I'm not sure. He _______ be playing football on the playground. (2010 湖北十 堰市 ) A. need B. might C. must D. can B B
(2009· 山东烟台 ) _____ well you drive, you must drive carefully. A. No matter where B. In order that C. No matter how D. As soon as C
1) 在晚会上, 她穿着平常的衣服。 2) 我不是每天见到她。 She wore / was dressed in her everyday clothes at the party. I don’t see her every day. 翻译
课时重点回顾 1. no matter 不论；无论 no matter what 无论什么 no matter when 无论何时 no matter where 无论何处 no matter how 无论如何 2. might 3. product 4. avoid
1. Copy the new words. 2. Preview the new words and expressions. 3. Preview the Grammar Focus on page 36.