rule suggestion keep to rope stream clear starving lead the way Words and expressions n. 规则，规章 n. 建议 沿着 …… 走 n. 绳子 n. 小河 ; 溪 adj. 明白清楚的 adj. 非常饿的 领路 ; 带路
keep to the path walk along the edge He might fall and hurt himself. think about personal safety climb the Great wall
1. Visitors should wear hats. 2. Don’t walk along the edge. 3. They’d better take some food and water. 4. They should wear comfortable shoes.
1. What’s Betty’s mum worried about? 2. What is Mr. Jackson going to do? 2 Listen and answer the questions. countryside cross edge everybody keep lead personal safety noon rope stream He is going to lead the group. She is worried about Betty’s safety. Use the words and expressions in the box to help you.
3. When are they going to have something to eat? 4. What does Betty’s mum think they should do if they go climbing? 5. How dangerous does Betty think the trip will be? They should take ropes. It will be as dangerous as crossing the road. At noon. countryside cross edge everybody keep lead personal safety noon rope stream
1. The conversation probably takes place ________. a) in the classroom before the walk b) at the start of the walk along the Great Wall c) at the end of the walk Listen to another dialogue and choose the best answer.
2. Mr. Jackson gives a lot of rules and suggestions, so he probably ____. a) is nervous about walking along the Great Wall b) has never been to the Great Wall c) has a lot of experience in walking in the countryside
3. The children might hurt themselves if _____. a) they walk along the edge b) they go off on their own c) drink all the water before lunch 4. Before they have lunch, _______. a) they probably have to walk three or four hours b) they have to be very careful c) they can go rock climbing
5. Daming needs a rest probably because ______. a) he has walked too far b) he’s hurt c) he’s lazy
You must You mustn’t You should You shouldn’t You can You can’t You have to Read and make notes about Mr Jackson’s rules and suggestions. keep to the path walk along the edge start walking and stop at noon for picnic drink all the water go rock climbing go off on your own think about personal safety
1. Read the dialogue aloud for a few minutes by yourself; 2. Role play in front of the class
请找出本文出现的含有情态动词的句子， 复习他们的用法 can, can’t, may, might, have to, must, mustn’t, should, shouldn’t
1. can, could 1) 表示能力 ( 体力, 知识, 技能 ), 常用情 态动词 can 和 could 表达。 Can you lift this heavy box?( 体力 ) Mary can speak three languages.( 知识 ) Can you skate?( 技能 ) 此时可用 be able to 代替。 Can 只有一般 现在时和一般过去式；而 be able to 则有更多的时态。
2) 表示请求和允许。 例如： -----Can I go now? -----Yes, you can. / No, you can’t. 此时可与 may 互换。在疑问句中还可用 could, might 代替，但 could, might 并不表 示过去式，只是语气更委婉。它们不能 用于肯定句和答语中。 例如： ----- Could I come to see you tomorrow? ----- Yes, you can. (No, I’m afraid not.)
3) 表示推测 ( 惊讶、怀疑、不相信的态 度 ) ，用于疑问句、否定句和感叹句 中。 Can this be true? This can’t be done by him. How can this be true?
2. may, might 1) 表示请求和允许。 might 比 may 语 气更委婉，而不是过去式。否定回 答时可用 can’t 或 mustn’t ，表示 “ 不 可以，禁止 ” 。 例如： ---- Might/ May I smoke in this room? ---- No, you mustn’t.
---- May/Might I take this book out of the room? ---- Yes, you can. (No, you can’t / mustn’t. ) 用 May I... ？征徇对方许可时比较正式和 客气，而用 Can I... ？在口语中更常见。 2) 用于祈使句，表示祝愿。 例如： May you succeed!
3) 表示推测、可能性 ( 不用于疑问 句 ) 。 might 不是过去式，它所表示 的可能性比 may 小。 例如： He may /might be very busy now. Your mother may /might not know the truth.
3. must, have to 1) 表示必须、必要。例如： You must come in time. 在回答引出的问句时, 如果是否定 的, 不能用 mustn’t ( 禁止, 不准 ) ， 而用 needn’t, don’t have to ( 不必 ) 。 ---- Must we hand in our exercise books today? ---- Yes, you must. ---- No, you don’t have to / you needn’t.
2) must 是说话人的主观看法，而 have to 则强调客观需要。 Must 只有一般现在 时， have to 有更多的时态形式。 例如： His play isn’t interesting, I really must go now. I had to work when I was your age.
Some museum rules: Practice 1.No…. / Don’t …. 2.You should/shouldn’t …. 3.you must/mustn’t…./ you have to../don’t have to…
I will be late for school… I don’t know the way… I am ill… I am too fat…. Can you give me some suggestions?
may, can, have to, can’t, must, mustn’t, should 1. Didn’t you see the sign? Silence. You _______talk. 2. It is noisy. I _____ hear you. 3. You ____use the computer if you like. may 请选出适当的词语, 并用其正确形式填 空。每个词语限用一次。 mustn’t can’t
can, have to, must, should 4. Lucy’s parents are proud of her. She ___ speak four languages. 5. You ______ pay him for the newspaper. 6. I ____ go now. Thank you for your dinner. 7. It’s raining heavily outside. He _____ stay home watching TV. has to can should must
Homework Write some suggestions for your schoolmates according to your school rules.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.