Presentation on theme: "Trailer/Pick-up Wiring Ag Mechanics Mr. Ormiston."— Presentation transcript:
Trailer/Pick-up Wiring Ag Mechanics Mr. Ormiston
Job: Trailer/pick-up wiring Enterprise: Ag Mech Problems: 1.How does the brake control in the pick-up work? 2.What does the variable resistor do? 3.How do you adjust braking power? 4.What do the following abbreviations mean: A.RT B.LT C.GR D.BR E.S F.TM
Problems: 5. What color of wire should be used for each function? A. Right turn B. Left turn C. Tail marker D. Ground E. Brakes F. Service 6. Do we need separate wires for tail markers, license plate and clearance lights?
Solutions: 1.How does the brake control in the pick- up work? A. By electricity. B. The brake petal is pressed and electricity is sent to the pendulum in the trailer brake assembly. C. The pendulum is a magnet and the electricity charges the magnet. D. The pendulum is attracted to the brake drum pressing the shoe against the drum.
2. What does the variable resistor do? It is part of the brake control that acts as a regulator allows only certain current to pass through The harder the brake pedal is pressed the more current is allowed through (increasing braking power)
3. How do you adjust braking power? On the side of the brake control there is usually one knob. One should adjust this knob for the load on the trailer, meaning increasing power for heavier loads or decreasing power for lighter loads. Most people adjust the brake control one time for their “common loads”
4. What do the following abbreviations mean: RT- Right Turn LT- Left Turn GR- Ground BR or S- Brakes TM- Tail Marker A- Middle prong- Service, hot wire. Used for Beak away or lights that need to be used in the trailer when vehicle is off.
5. What color of wire should be used for each function? A. Right turn- Green B. Left turn- Yellow C. Tail marker- Brown D. Ground- White E. Brakes- Blue F. Service- Black
6. Do we need separate wires for tail markers, license plate and clearance lights? No, all of these functions are the same
Trailer Plug ID Directions: What Color of wire should be used for each of the following functions. 1.________________________________ 2.________________________________ 3.________________________________ 4.________________________________ 5.________________________________ 6.________________________________