Presentation on theme: "English II New Norms for Class Some changes are afoot in Ms. Ballard’s English II class…"— Presentation transcript:
English II New Norms for Class Some changes are afoot in Ms. Ballard’s English II class…
New Norms/Expectations: 1.You are tardy when the bell rings. 2.No food, drinks, or candy during class. 3.No headphones, iPods, etc. 4.Cell phones will be kept out of sight. 5.Stay in your assigned seat. 6.Do not pack up until instructed to do so. 7.Wear your ID at all times.
1. You are tardy when the bell rings. No more cruising in as the bell rings. You need to be ready to go when the bell rings. Pay attention to the warning bell and get to class with plenty of time. Do not ask me to use the facilities. Do that during passing period. As far as I know, no healthy person has suffered any ill effects from waiting 10 minutes to use the restroom.
2. No food, drinks, or candy during class. This means Sonic drinks, canned drinks, bottled drinks, etc. Keep it put away.
3. No headphones, iPods, etc. Take your headphones out and put them away. We will not be using our headphones even during independent work. I will confiscate them.
4. Cell phones will be kept out of sight. Your first warning will be putting your phone on my desk. Arguing will be a referral.
5. Stay in your assigned seat. There is a reason for the seating chart. Sit in your assigned seat unless given permission to move.
6. Do not pack up until instructed to do so. The bell does not dismiss you, I do. I will tell you when to pack up.
7. Wear your ID at all times. I will begin writing referrals for not wearing your ID on Thursday of this week. Wear your ID at all times during class.