Presentation on theme: "高 一 英 语 Module 2 Unit 1 Language points(2). Practice 1. People are expecting the a__________ to give good explanations to “three suns” of Leshan. 2. Which."— Presentation transcript:
高 一 英 语 Module 2 Unit 1 Language points(2)
Practice 1. People are expecting the a__________ to give good explanations to “three suns” of Leshan. 2. Which is the strongest c_______ in the world? 3. She just laughed and d________ the question as unimportant. 4. I was a______ at her knowledge of painting and music. astronomers creature dismissed amazed
5. Their evidence was d________ as completely useless. 6. We can’t a______ anything in this case. 7. Due to the heavy rain for many days, the most terrible landslide o_______ there. 8. Millions of visitors have w_______ the greatness of Shanghai World Expo. 9. They were the last two to go a_____ the ship. occurred witnessed aboard dismissed assume
10. The p______ problem made me p _____. puzzling puzzled puzzle,interest,surprise, astonish, shock, upset, excite, disappoint, please, satisfy, frighten, amaze… “ 使 …” 的动词。其现在分词表主动, 可译为 “ 令 人 … 的 ”; 过去分词表被动, 表示 “ （本身）感到 … 的 ”
1) ____ and happy, Tony stood up and accepted the prize. (2006 全国卷 ) A. Surprising B. Surprised C. Being surprised D. To be surprising 2) Tom sounds ____ very much in the job, but I’m not sure whether he can manage it.(2006 年安徽卷 ) A. interested B. interesting C. interestingly D. interestedly
1.Standing inside were lots of strange creatures with white skin, and large black eyes. Lots of strange creatures with white skin, and large black eyes were standing inside. Difficult sentences 倒装句
By Mr. Green’s side sat his faithful dog. Sitting at the back of the room was a shy girl with two big eyes. Present at the meeting was a professor from Peking University. Growing around the lake are trees of different kinds.
2. Witnesses also say they saw Justin walking towards his house at p.m. see, watch, observe, notice, feel, hear + 宾语 + look at, listen to do sth. doing sth. done 动词原形表示动作的主动和完成 ; V-ing 形式表示动作的主动或正在进行 ; V-ed 形式表示动作的被动或完成。
[ 考例 1] After a knock at the door, the child heard his mother _____ him. A. calling B. called C. being called D. to call
[ 考例 2] In the dream Peter saw himself _____ by a fierce wolf, and he woke suddenly. A. chased B. to be chased C. be chased D. having been chased
3. Justin Foster, a high school student, went missing last Friday night. ● 同位语：一个名词 ( 或其它形式 ) 对 另一个名词或代词进行修饰、限定 或说明，这个名词 ( 或其它形式 ) 就 是同位语。同位语与被它限定的词 的格要一致，并常常紧挨在一起。
1)He himself told me that his brother John is a world-famous doctor. 2) They each have an English-English dictionary. 3) He always works hard even if he knows the fact that he is not in good health. 4) Mary, monitor of our class, was invited to the party too.
用同位语合并下列句子 1) Mr. Smith is our new English teacher. He is very kind to us. Mr. Smith, our new English teacher, is very kind to us. 2) Yesterday I met Tom. Tom is a friend of my brother's. Yesterday I met Tom, a friend of my brother's.
用同位语合并下列句子 3) Mr. James is my English teacher. Yesterday I talked to him. Yesterday I talked to my English teacher, Mr. James.
4. When asked about the possibility that Justin was taken by aliens, Detective, Sam Peterson, who has taken charge of the case, told journalists, “ ….” 如何理解长句？ 抓住句子的主语和谓语。 When Sam Peterson was asked about … … possibilities that…( 引导同位语从句 ) When people asked Sam Peterson about… Detective told journalists
5. So, while we have not dismissed the idea, we are looking into other possibilities as well. while : 尽管，虽然，引导 “ 让步状语从句。 While I like the color of the hat, I don’t like its shape. While we don’t agree, we continue to be friends. While they are my neighbors, I don’t know them well.
6. We will not give up until we find out what happened. ● not…until / till…; …until / till… 1) I did not realize what had happened until he left the room angrily. 2) I didn’t fall asleep until my mother returned. 3) I slept until my mother returned.
1.Review what we have learned in Unit Preview Grammar and usage.