Presentation on theme: "M4 – U3 Tomorrow’s world Wang Hansong. goals : learn to use proper words and expressions to describe tomorrow’s world Be able to deal with the Exx concerning."— Presentation transcript:
goals : learn to use proper words and expressions to describe tomorrow’s world Be able to deal with the Exx concerning this topic.
回归课文 根据括号内的提示完成下文（无提示的根据上下文语义和 逻辑关系填写适当的 连词，介词或副词）。 With the development of _ ① _ ( 科学 ) and technology, some of our wildest dreams could come _ ② _ in the future. RealCine is one of the examples. _ ③ _ ( 不像 ) a present film, RealCine puts passive audience _ ④ _ the action _ ⑤ _ ( 积极 ) and connects with their _ ⑥ _ of sight, hearing, smell and touch 。 1.science 2. true 3. unlike 4. into 5. actively 6. senses
RealCine works by _ ① _ (make) the users feel that they are in a new world – one that doesn’t ② ( 存在 ) except in a computer program. To add _ ③ _ the virtual world of RealCine, the headsets are _ ④ _ (design) to allow the users to see in 3-D and hear the sound all around them. 1. making 2. exit 3. to 4. designed
In _ ① _ ( 科学 ) studies it has been _ ② _ (show) that virtual reality (VR) can be a good __ ③ _ (treat) for people who have _ ④ __ ( 社会 ) problems. _ ⑤ __ this, VR can also be used to practise skills in a _ ⑥ __ (security) environment that __ ⑦ _ ( 要不然 ) would be quite be dangerous. For example, firefighters could use RealCine to train safely, _ ⑧ __ the risk of getting _ ⑧ _ (injure) in a burning building. 1.scientific 2. shown 3. treatment 4. social 5. Besides 6. secure 7. otherwise 8. without
otherwise Otherwise : adv. 否则，不然；除此之外 or otherwise 或相反；或其他情况 and otherwise 等等；及其他 Eg:1. Don’t play with the knife. Otherwise you may hurt yourself. 2. He reminded me of what I should otherwise have forgotten. 3. Everybody has his merits ( 优点 ) or otherwise.
1. Hard times offer new ways of looking at life that would __ _ never be known. A. therefore B. however C. especially D. otherwise 2. By looking at problem in as many ways as possible, creative thinkers can find solutions that would ______ remain invisible. A. otherwise B. yet C. already D. forever D A
4. – Why did you leave him as he was? -- But what___ otherwise ? He never listens to me. A could I B should I do C could I have done D. Must I have done 5. Ex.-- All the dishes in the menu, ______ otherwise stated, will serve two to three people. A. as B. if C. though D. unless D C
1 ． n ．展示，介绍；颁发；提交，出示 → v ．颁发，展示，赠送，呈献 2 ． n ．幸福，快乐 → adj. 幸福的 3 ． vt. 伤害，损害 → n ．伤害，损害；负伤 4. adj. 社交的，交际的；社会的 → n ． 社会 → n ．社会主义 → adj. 社会主 义的 → v ．交友，社交 presentation present happiness happy injureinjury socialsociety socialism socialist socialize
5 ． adj. 自信的；肯定的，有把握的 → n ．自信心，自信 6 ． adj. 失望的，沮丧的 → v ． 使失望 → adj. 令人失望的 → n ．失望 7 ． n ．方便，便利；便利的设施或用具 → adj. 方便的 confident confidence disappointed disappoint disappointing disappointment convenience convenient
8 ． n ．缺点；不利因素，障碍 → ( 反义词 ) n ．优势 9 ． n ．印象，感想 → vt. 给 …… 留 下印象 → adj. 令人敬佩的，令人赞叹的 disadvantage advantage impression impress impressive
巩固拓展 1. real _________________ (n.) 2. tired _________________(n.) 3. happy _______________ (n.) 4. finally _______________ (n.) 5. fantasy ______________ (adj.) 6. industry _____________ (adj.) 7. impress _______________ (n.) 8. announcement_____________ (v.) 9. force _________________ (n.) 10. popular__________________ (n.) 11. center _______________ (adj.) 12. responsibility_____________ (adj.) 13. gentle _________________(adv.) 14.deliver ___________________(n.) 15. employ________ (n.) ________ (n.) ___________(n.) reality tiredness happiness final fantastic industrial impression announce force popularity central responsible gently delivery employeremployee employment
你还记得他们吗？ 1. be confident about/of... / with confidence 2. at one’s convenience -- for (the sake of) convenience -- for the convenience of... -- It is convenient (for sb.) to do sth. -- sth. be convenient for sb./sth. 3. accuse sb. of sth. -- charge sb. with sth. -- blame sb. for sth. -- scold sb. for sth. -- condemn sb. for sth.
4. Make /have/ leave a good impression on us. -- He impressed his bravery on me = impressed me _____ his bravery = We are __________ with his bravery. -- The teacher impressed the importance of English on/upon us. =The teacher ________ the importance to English. withimpressed attached
5. add sth. up / add up sth. 把 …… 加起来 add up to 共计, 结果是 / 表示。。。 add...to... 把 …… 加到 …… 中 add to 增加、扩大，使增强 add that + 句子 补充说。。。
1) I don‘t think these clues ( 线索 ) will ___________ anything, as we can see. 2) Thousands of new books from abroad have been ____________the school library. 3) Setting off fireworks can____________ the atmosphere of the festival. 4) You must have made a mistake when you _______ the bill ______, because the bill ____________ more than 1000 yuan. added to add up to add to added up added up to
单元讲义练习 单选： No.5: -- The party was all but over when we arrived. -- Nothing but a miracle ( 奇迹 ) can save her now. -- I want nothing but the best for my children. -- The hotel is anything but cheap.
No. 9. exhaust : vt. 使精疲力竭 ; 用光，耗尽 eg: 1. Even a short walk exhausted the old man. 2. Within three days they exhausted their supply of food. exhausted adj ：精疲力竭的，疲惫不堪的；耗尽的，枯 竭的 -- I felt exhausted after cleaning so big a house. -- You can not grow the crops on exhausted land. exhausting adj ：令人精疲力竭的 -- I find her exhausting – she never stops talking to you. exhaustion n. 疲惫不堪；耗尽，枯竭 the exhaustion of natural resources.
Adj.( 短语 ) 做伴随状语 1.When the couple got home, tired and hungry. 2.The plane landed finally, safe. 3.The mother heard the news that her two-month baby was killed, frozen with shock. 4.That night the little boy was left at home, full of fear (frightened). 5.In the evening many students go to their dormitories after a day of hard work ______. A feel exhausted B felt exhausted C feeling exhausting D exhausted. D
No. 15. “ 因此 ”- so / therefore / thus 1.My leg was still painful so I went to see a doctor this morning. 2.He is only 17 and therefore not eligible ( 有资 格的 ) to vote. 3.There is still much to discuss. We shall, therefore, return to this item at our next meeting. 4.We don’t own the building. Thus, it would be impossible for us to make any changes to it.
三维 2 ． (p74) — It's so cold ！ Why not close the window? —Sorry. It ____. I'll have it repaired. –A ． won't be shut B ． won't shut –C ． hadn't shut D ． isn't shutting B 类似的用法 : start, open, lock, close … Eg: 1. When he got back from work, he found the door wouldn't open. 2. His car is very old and won’t start.