Presentation on theme: "TEN TIPS FOR HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS. Healthy Relationships bring happiness and health to our lives. People with healthy relationships really do have more."— Presentation transcript:
Healthy Relationships bring happiness and health to our lives. People with healthy relationships really do have more happiness and less stress. There are basic ways to make relationships healthy, even though each one is different. In this unit think of all relationships in your life…parents, siblings, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, teachers, roommates, classmates.
1.KEEP EXPECTATIONS REALISTIC No one can be everything we might want them to be. People are going to disappoint us.
2.TALK WITH EACH OTHER Communication is essential in healthy relationships Take the time. Genuinely Listen. Don’t Interrupt. Listen with your ears and heart. Ask Questions if you think you have missed the point. Share Information.
3. BE FLEXIBLE Most of us try to keep people and situations just the way we like them to be.
4. TAKE CARE OF YOU Always remember that you have to make yourself happy first. Be carefully of always trying to please other people because you are probably forgetting to please yourself.
5. BE DEPENDABLE The best ability is dependability!!!!! Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you make plans follow through with them.
6. FIGHT FAIR Negotiate a time to talk. Don’t criticize. Attack the problem, not the person. Don’t assign feelings. Stay with the topic. Say “I’m Sorry” when you’re wrong. Don’t assume things. Ask for help when you need it. There may not be a resolved ending. Don’t hold grudges. The goal is for everybody to be a winner. You can always leave a relationship.
7. SHOW YOUR WARMTH It is OK to be emotional. There is nothing wrong with being moved emotionally.
8. KEEP YOUR LIFE BALANCED 6 Things that Can Occupy your Time 1. School 2. Athletics 3. Friends 4. BF/GF 5. Work 6. Family YOU CAN ONLY DO 2 MAYBE 3 GOOD AT THE SAME TIME.
9. IT’S A PROCESS Your relationships are always going to be going through change. You should get better with relationships the older that you get.
10. BE YOURSELF It is much easier and much more fun to be you than to pretend to be something or someone else. If you are trying to be someone else you will always finish in 2 nd place.