We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNatalia Daigh
Modified about 1 year ago
The Word Within the Word Stem Lesson 1 Part 1 (stems 1-15)
1. ante meaning: before Sentence example: The Civil War antedates the Korean War by decades
Clue Words: antedate, antecedent, antebellum, anterior anterior
2. anti meaning: against Sentence example: The antiaircraft fire shot down the enemy plane.
Clue Words: antiaircraft, antibody, anticlimax, antitoxin, antithesis
3. bi meaning: two Sentence example: The two nations had a bilateral agreement.
Clue Words: bilateral, bicycle, binary, bimonthly, biped, binocular
4. circum meaning: around Sentence example: The circumspect spy is difficult to catch.
Clue Words: circumnavigate, circumspect, circumvent, circus
5. com meaning: together Sentence example: The two together are an interesting combination.
Clue Words: combination, comfort, common, complete, combo
6. con meaning: together Sentence example: He was confined to his bedroom until he apologized.
Clue Words: contract, confidence, confine, confederate, conjunction, contact
7. de meaning: down Sentence example: The lunar lander descended through the atmosphere.
Clue Words: deposit, descent, despicable, denounce, demolish, decrepit
8. dis meaning: away Sentence example: His attention was easily distracted.
Clue Words: distract, distort, dispute, dissonant, dismiss, disprove
9. equi meaning: equal Sentence example: She made an equilateral triangle with three straws.
Clue Words: equitable, equilateral, equation, equilibrium
10. extra meaning: beyond Sentence example: It was an extraordinary achievement.
Clue Words: extraterrestrial, extraordinary, extravagant, extrovert, extramural
11. inter meaning: between Sentence example: They were lost in interstellar space.
Clue Words: international, interdepartmental, interstellar, interject, interlude
12. intra meaning: within Sentence example: He received an intravenous solution through a tube in his arm.
Clue Words: intracellular, intravenous, intrastate, intramural
13. intro meaning: into Sentence example: The boy was a lonely introvert who kept to himself.
Clue Words: introduce, introspective, introvert, introject
14. mal meaning: bad Sentence example: He looked fearfully at the glowing, malevolent demon.
Clue Words: malevolent, malcontent, malicious, malpractice, malady
15. mis meaning: bad Sentence example: He had the misfortune to forget his wallet.
Clue Words: misfit, mistake, misfortune, misfire, misdeed, misguided
Greek & Latin Roots Words to Know: intervene, antecedent, misnomer, belittle Extra: beyond Examples: extraordinary, extravagant Com: together Examples:
My Stem Word Presentation By: Eric Hudson. Bi Bi means 2. Bi means 2. Ex. Bicycle Ex. Bicycle Bicycle means that a bike has 2 wheels. Bicycle means that.
Latin Prefixes. Ab (HINT: absent) Ambi (HINT: ambidextrous) Ben, bon (HINT: benefit) Co, con, com (HINT: cooperate, company) Away Around, both Good, well.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
Word Part Lesson 25. circum around Circumspect Circumference Circumstances circumnavigate When I saw him _________________, I knew he was trying to circumnavigate.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
Dolch Words the of and to a in that is was.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
Grammar Unit Prepositions. Lets Review... The preposition is the sixth of the eight parts of speech. Just for the record, here are all eight: Noun Pronoun.
First Grade Sight Words a in I and is it for.
Help me out. who is he even before we go but come again.
Sight Word Phrases Group 1. the little boy a good boy.
SUBJECT VERB AGREEMENT Adventures in Grammar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elements of Literature Over : The Sniper By: Ben.
The U-2 Incident By Samantha Raymond and Dan OConnell Period 4.
Complete and Incomplete Sentences A complete sentence is a group of words that tells a complete idea. A complete sentence answers these questions: Who?
Basic Sight Words Easier Words. a after all am.
Week 2 Greek and Latin root words Circum is a Latin root that means… around around Example Word: Circumference-(n) Circumference-(n) The distance around.
Practice saying your sight words. Read and spell each word. Click on the down arrow to go to the next word.
First 100 High Frequency Words a her see am about.
Extended Response Proper Paragraphing. Extended Response is Simple All you need to do is read the passage. Think about the question & your response. Write.
Film Poster Evaluation. Researching into other Film Posters: Common interest in all three of these posters consists of the main two characters Layout.
Vocabulary Development: Morphographemic Approaches Susan Easterbrooks Georgia State University ( Join Together Grant: Topical Team 2.2 Activity )
An LSCC Learning Center Self Paced Tutorial PARTS OF SPEECH: Prepositions Interjections And conjunctions.
Gifted and Talented – History: Causal Reasoning: A Model Lesson 1: Read story of Alphonse as hook. Identify and list causes of his death. Then follow ppt.
Can you see?. I like him. When will we go? All or some.
How well do you know your Parts of Speech?. Nouns There are 6 different types of nouns.
Comma Splice Errors Stop abusing the comma!. Comma Splice The grammar crime: comma splices join two complete sentences with a comma. The grammar crime:
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.