Presentation on theme: "Thoughts on Technology Issues for Small Business Data Security for Mobile Access Devices."— Presentation transcript:
Thoughts on Technology Issues for Small Business Data Security for Mobile Access Devices
Laptops are still the most prevalent form of device used by employees out of the office. There are hundreds of products that say they can protect your device, But what is best for you? What are the data threats you face and what are the costs of loss?
Virus Protection Drive Corruption Loss of Device Each safety issue has a host of options so the issue really is understanding the Risks
* Scanning software that monitors for virus and malware intrusion * For Individuals – Generally free * Avast * Malware Bytes * Symantec Anti-Virus * For Corporations – Pay for Protection * Avast * Microsoft Forefront * Symantec
* Most Important Thing is to backup * Various products to safely backup your data * Copy files to an external drive * Microsoft Backup * Symantec Backup Exec * Cloud-based data backup * Iron Mountain * iCloud * The problem is with restoring applications * Keep CDs in a fireproof safe * Keep licensing information in the safe * Set restore points frequently
* Theft is a serious concern * Data Encryption systems * Symantec PGP (pretty good protection) * APO Encryption * Erado for email * Password Protection Systems * Roboforms * Mypassword Manager
* You can safely run apps and store data on our Servers * Our Method for Keeping Your Data Safe * Connection through RDP, not a browser * We run both Endpoint and Forefront security * We take images (snapshots) of the applications * We run RAID 5+0 and do daily backup * If you run everything from our server, nothing is ever on your local access device * All this is included in the monthly access charge
* Business is no longer tied to traditional offices * Home-based employees * Mobile employees * Customers and prospects in different areas * Employees are taking your data away from the office * The more work is done away from traditional offices * The greater the risk of data loss if not planned * Securing data on every device * Getting data back to the business securely
* Contact us from Anywhere * Email: email@example.com * Website: www.argentstratus.comwww.argentstratus.com * Toll free: 888.229.6207 * Portland:503.980.1434 * Vancouver:360.637.4034
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.