Presentation on theme: "2013 九上 Progress Check 1. Li Fang has studies in London as an exchange student for several months, but she has not visited many places of interest ____."— Presentation transcript:
Li Fang has studies in London as an exchange student for several months, but she has not visited many places of interest ____ too much homework. Now her programme ____. She is flying home in half a month. Yesterday she went to the _____ to book a ticket. She booked an _____ on China Eastern Airlines. The plane is leaving Heathrow Airport at 2p.m. on September 10. The booking clerk told her to _____ her ticket two days in advance. The airport is located on the west side of London. She can take the underground there. She planned to bring plenty of gifts to her relatives and friends, but the booking clerk told her the _____ allowance is only 30 kilos. C D F E B A
Fill in the blanks with proper prepositions: 1.The English news programme has provided us _____ a lot of information. 2._____ the centre of town, there is a library _____ the world’s largest collection of books. 3.Western culture is different _____ Chinese culture, and there are many differences _____ the two cultures. 4.There are many reasons _____ travelling abroad. That’s why the international airlines are always very busy.
5.Bob had to apologize _____ Peter _____ being late _____ the meeting. 6.These places of interest are popular _____ visitors from both home and abroad.
1.Yesterday we __________ (be) delighted to see Dongdong because we __________ (not see) each other for two years. 2.--- “Yes,” Father __________(reply), “we __________(have) a pleasant journey. But __________ you __________(wait) for a long time, Dongdong?” ( )3.---Sorry, business class tickets are all booked. Do you mind booking a first class ticket? ---_____ first class is too expensive. A.I’m afraid B.Never mind C.Certainly not
( )4.---Could you spell your ____, Mr Jiang? --- OK. It’s J-i-a-n-g. A.full mame B.first name C.last name ( )5.If you go to America, you can _____ American culture in person. A.know B.learn C.experience
Phrases from Reading : 1. 参观纽约 pay a short visit to New York 2. 在那花费一整个月参观不同的旅游胜地 spend a whole month there visiting different places of interest 3. 在几天内要看完一切是不可能的。 It is not possible to see everything in a few days. 4. 一些你必须看的东西 some of the things you must see 5. 自由女神像 The Statue of Liberty
6. 法国人民给美国的一份礼物 a gift to the United States from the people of France 7. 位于曼哈顿南部的一个小岛上 is located on a small island to the south of Manhattan 8. 纽约中央公园 Central Park in New York 9. 在曼哈顿中心 的一个大公园，有着湖和花园 a very large park in the centre of Manhattan with lakes and gardens
10. 上百种不同的可做的事和可看的物 a hundred different things to do and see 11. 现代艺术博物馆 Museum of Modern Art 12. 一个有着世界上最大和最好的艺术收藏品的 博物馆 a museum with the world’s largest and best collection of modern art 13. 位于西 53 街 15 号 is located at 15 West 53rd Street
14. 第五大街 (on) Fifth Avenue 15. 一个购物的好地方 a good place for shopping 16. 享受各种各样的食物 enjoy a variety of Chinese food 17. 既受美国人又受外国游客的欢迎 is popular with both Americans and foreign visitors 18. 体验中国的文化和习俗 experience Chinese culture and customs
19. 位于曼哈顿的西南部 is located in southern Manhattan 20. 百老汇大街 Broadway 21. 戏剧中心 the centre for theatre 22. 享受一部著名的音乐剧或看一个精彩的节目 enjoy a famous musical or a wonderful show 23. 在近 60 年里 in the last/ past sixty years
24. 骑车，溜冰和划船是汤姆最喜欢的运动。 Cycling, roller-skating and boating are Tom’s favourite sports.