We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAmarion Harkin
Modified over 2 years ago
SAT Words Unit 11
1. Denounce1. Denounce Verb Criticize; Condemn The president denounced the actions of his country’s closest ally.
2. Depleted2. Depleted Verb Emptied; drained; used up The epidemic became a medical emergency when supplies of the antibiotic were depleted.
3. Deplore3. Deplore Verb To express regret or disapproval; complain; criticize Visitors deplored the terrible conditions in which local residents were living.
4. Deprecate4. Deprecate Verb Disapprove; dislike People liked his self-deprecating sense of humor.
5. Deride5. Deride Verb Make fun of; ridicule Lester was derided every day at work for his unusual taste in clothes.
SAT Words Root 7.
Satire. Forms of Satire Devices used to expose vice or folly; using such devices to expose or denounce; criticism, often using wit and humor to expose.
At Least 12 Dead in Attack on French Newspaper. A local resident distributes coffee to reporters gathered at the scene after gunmen stormed a French newspaper,
2 Types of Satire Horatian Satire Named for the Roman satirist, HoraceHorace playfully criticizes some social vice through gentle, mild, and light-hearted.
Kids Learning is Fun Writing an Interesting Sentence.
初中进阶 (2274 期 ) 45 版 Where do world leaders go for a holiday?
Vocabulary List #8 English 11 Academic. 1. deride (verb) to ridicule; to mock Synonym: scorn.
1 KNOW YOUR RIGHTS © 2009 Re-Creative Resources, Inc. All Rights Reserved Learn about Residents’ Rights the fun way! B I N G O.
Predicate Adjectives and Predicate Nominatives
Linking Verbs. Their Function Linking Verbs connect the subject of a verb to additional information about the subject subject Ex: Mario is a computer.
ACT Power Plus Vocabulary Lesson Eight. deride – (v.) to ridicule; to mock The unpopular professor derided students who made mistakes. Synonyms scorn.
Vocabulary 1. Word 1: Elusive (adjective) Def 1: Difficult to capture Def 2: Difficult to understand Def 3: Difficult to isolate or identify.
SAT Score Range Critical Reading: Mathematics: Writings: ACT Composite Score : ACT Score Range.
BECOME A FRIENDLIER PERSON, HAVE AN EASIER TIME IN LIFE. 1. Don't criticize, condemn or complain. 2. Give honest, sincere appreciation. 3. Become.
8 Week 13 Articulate (v): to pronounce or explain clearly (adj): capable of speaking well and clearly N: articulation Adv: articulately.
Linking Verbs The great equal sign of sentences!
Type your president’s name Copy and paste a picture of your president from the Internet.
Short Story Unit A. The theme in a story is its underlying message, or 'big idea.' what critical belief about life is the author trying to convey in the.
Vocabulary List #8 English 11 Honors. 1. deride (verb) to ridicule; to mock Synonym: scorn.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.