Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presents. What is the easiest and safest way to disinfect water?

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Presents. What is the easiest and safest way to disinfect water?"— Presentation transcript:

1 presents

2 What is the easiest and safest way to disinfect water?

3 Is it… Ionization? Chlorine? Chemicals? UV? Ozone?

4 Chlorine is the most common chemical disinfectant but the question is: Is disinfection with chlorine really safe and reliable?

5 The hazards of Chlorine Chlorine is a suspect carcinogenic agent in drinking water (Mutagen X) Harvard Medical/ Barcelona Study Chlorine can produce hazardous chlorinated organic compounds by reaction with common organic compounds found in drinking water. These hazardous compounds include trihalomethane (THM), mono-,di and trichloroacetic acids (HAA) Mutagen X cancer potency is 170 times greater than chloroform. (Harvard Medical School) Mutagen X, THM and HAA are linked to cancer, miscarriages, stillbirths and birth defects

6 Other problems with Chlorine Chlorine is pH dependent. It only works in a narrow pH range from about 7 to 8.5 Chlorine is corrosive Chlorine is hazardous to transport, store and use Chlorine does not kill ALL microorganisms in water Chlorine does not effectively remove biofilm and algae Chlorine generates byproducts that pose a proven risk to human health

7 What is chlorine dioxide (ClO2)? It has chlorine in its name but it is not chlorine. Think of it this way…. Water (H 2 0) is made from two parts hydrogen gas with one part oxygen gas…but it is neither hydrogen nor oxygen; it is water an entirely different substance. Similarly, chlorine dioxide is neither chlorine nor oxygen but an entirely new substance.

8 Facts about “traditional” chlorine dioxide It is a gas that explodes in contact with air It is a gas that explodes in contact with air It is difficult and dangerous to transport and very corrosive It is difficult and dangerous to transport and very corrosive It is only 60% to 70% pure. The remaining 30%-40% is made up of hazardous and potentially toxic residues It is only 60% to 70% pure. The remaining 30%-40% is made up of hazardous and potentially toxic residues However: However: It is the BEST disinfectant available according to the World Health organisation It is the BEST disinfectant available according to the World Health organisation

9 To develop an innovative and evolutionary system that removes all known negative side effects and byproducts from the use of chlorine dioxide disinfectants. Thus creating a completely safe chlorine dioxide disinfectant. What was the challenge? What was the challenge?

10 Unsurpassed disinfection power No more dangerous byproducts Safe to humans and animals Numerous applications A great evolution in the world of water disinfection If we could make a pure ClO 2 solution in water what would that mean?

11 After eight years of intensive research, scientists are able to generate pure ClO 2 dissolved in water. We call it: Today we present to you this evolution…

12 1. A high power disinfectant 2. An effective counter to bio-contamination (biofilm and biofouling) What is CleanOxide ® ?

13 1.A two-part liquid kit delivering 99% pure chlorine dioxide solution 2.A powerful oxidising agent to treat the FULL spectrum of microorganisms 3. A product with the highest quality standards 4. A proven concept 5. An environmentally friendly and 100% SAFE disinfectant 6. Effective over a broad pH range (4-10) 7. Easy to use without big outlays What is CleanOxide ® ?

14 100% effective against all water-borne microorganisms including spore forming bacteria, viruses, protozoa, fungi, mould, parasites and larval eggs.100% effective against all water-borne microorganisms including spore forming bacteria, viruses, protozoa, fungi, mould, parasites and larval eggs. 1 litre can disinfect up to 200,000L of water.1 litre can disinfect up to 200,000L of water. Destroys algae-related taste and odour compounds (no bad tastes or smells).Destroys algae-related taste and odour compounds (no bad tastes or smells). The only by-products of CleanOxide are very small amounts of sodium sulphate (Na 2 SO 4 ) and sodium chloride (NaCl) substances commonly found in water.The only by-products of CleanOxide are very small amounts of sodium sulphate (Na 2 SO 4 ) and sodium chloride (NaCl) substances commonly found in water. What is CleanOxide ® ?

15 Does not chlorinate organic matter Does not chlorinate organic matter Does not add chlorite or free chlorine to water. Does not add chlorite or free chlorine to water. Does not form hazardous chlorinated organic compounds (suspect carcinogens) Does not form hazardous chlorinated organic compounds (suspect carcinogens) Does not contribute to resistance in target microorganisms Does not contribute to resistance in target microorganisms Does not form hazardous residues Does not form hazardous residues Does not corrode water distribution systems, pipes, pumps, filters, air conditioners, taps, showers or other equipment Does not corrode water distribution systems, pipes, pumps, filters, air conditioners, taps, showers or other equipment What CleanOxide ® does not do:

16 Classical Methods CleanOxide ® method Form: Chlorine gas Sodium hypochlorite (caustic liquid) Component A: Component B: Stability of IngredientsVery limited2 years Chlorine dioxide solution Contains free chlorine Containing chlorite Explosive No free chlorine No chlorite Non-explosive Half life >30 days! (in solution form when proper storage conditions are followed) Comparison Facts

17 Half Life > 30 days!

18 100% safe water disinfection by

19 Biofilm is the film of dirt, mineral residues and microorganism found in water lines, filters, pumps, etc. Typically, it consists of a thin, soft layer overlying a hard, older layer.. What is biofilm and biofouling? What is biofilm and biofouling?

20 1. Chlorine does NOT remove both layers of biofilm. 2. Chlorine does not penetrate and destroy the microorganisms living in the harder underlying layer of biofilm. 3. Chlorine only affects the upper softer layer. 4. Chlorine dioxide penetrates both layers of biofilm. 5. Only complete removal of biofilm guarantees 100% safe water at the tap. 6. Chlorine dioxide removes biofilm and prevents its regrowth with low continuous dosing. Facts about Biofilm

21 Biofilm

22 Soft Biofilm

23 Applications of CleanOxide ® Human Use Drinking Water Municipal Water Ice cube Industry Bio Industry Poultry Hatchery Poultry Growers Egg Production Dairy Swine Farms Human Use Drinking Water Municipal Water Ice cube Industry Bio Industry Poultry Hatchery Poultry Growers Egg Production Dairy Swine Farms Swine Processing Meat and Milk Farms Meat Processing Fish and Shrimp Hatchery Fish and Shrimp Farming Fish and Shrimp Processing Fruit and Vegetable Processing Canning Industry Brewing and Milk Industry Frozen Foods Cosmetics Industry Swine Processing Meat and Milk Farms Meat Processing Fish and Shrimp Hatchery Fish and Shrimp Farming Fish and Shrimp Processing Fruit and Vegetable Processing Canning Industry Brewing and Milk Industry Frozen Foods Cosmetics Industry

24 Applications of CleanOxide ® Industrial Market Cooling Towers Pulp and Paper Refineries Pipelines Irrigation Water Well Water Waste Water Urban and Leisure Market Hotels and Resorts Hospitals Condominiums Commercial Building Air Conditioning Systems Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs Domestic Sanitation Urban and Leisure Market Hotels and Resorts Hospitals Condominiums Commercial Building Air Conditioning Systems Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs Domestic Sanitation Horticulture Flowers Irrigation Fish Aquariums Water Parks and Resorts Merchant Marine, Navy Cruise Ships Commercial Aircraft Car/Train/Truck Wash Injection Water

25 Safe, reliable and simple water disinfection

26 Estimate the water volume Add Component A first Add Component B second Wait 1-7 hours (depending on temperature and concentration) Stir or shake once CleanOxide ® CleanOxide ® is ready to use! Simple Application

27 Vary the dosage rate according to your needs Standard dosing equipment Residual is measured by DPD Colorimetric Method (DPD 1) Residual is measured by ORP equipment Residual is measured by Chlorine Dioxide Sensor Thick PE-HD storage tank, black in colour The Dose/Measure

28

29 CleanOxide ® CleanOxide ® 0.45% is equivalent to 4.5g/L ClO 2 (4500 ppm) 1 litre will disinfect 45,000L of water at a dose rate of 0.1ppm or 225,000L at a dose rate of 0.02ppm CleanOxide® CleanOxide® 0.75% is equivalent to 7.5g/L ClO 2 (7500 ppm) 1 litre will disinfect 75,000L of water at a dose rate of 0.1ppm or 375,000L at a dose rate of 0.02ppm How much water will CleanOxide ® treat?

30 DisinfectantByproducts Sodium / Calcium Hypochlorite (Chlorine) Trihalomethanes Haloacetic acids Haloacetonitriles haloketones chloral hydrate (trichloroacetaldehyde) Chloropicrin (trichloronitromethane) cyanogen chloride chlorate chloramines Mutagen X (MX) bromate aldehydes ketones ketoacids carboxylic acids bromoform “Classic” Chlorine Dioxide chlorite chlorate chloride free chlorine CleanOxide ® none Disinfection byproducts

31 Long shelf life (2 years guaranteed) Long term stability (half life >30 days) 10 times more powerful than chlorine No environmental or health issues No harmful byproducts or end-products Not corrosive when dosed into water. Low equipment investment Easy to dose, easy to control Kills 100% of water-borne pathogens Eliminates biofilm and prevents regrowth of biofilm. Safe to use, store and transport (by truck, plane, boat or train) On-site production Summary advantages of CleanOxide ® CleanOxide ®

32 Thank you for your attention and participation in this presentation.

33 Marketed by, For details please visit


Download ppt "Presents. What is the easiest and safest way to disinfect water?"

Similar presentations


Ads by Google