Presentation on theme: "By: Vivian Chen. * Snow plough is a way for beginner to start learning how to ski down a slope slowly. Stand in a V shape position, gently bend down your."— Presentation transcript:
* Snow plough is a way for beginner to start learning how to ski down a slope slowly. Stand in a V shape position, gently bend down your knees, and you will start finding yourself moving down the slope slowly. Your hands should be relaxed with the poles placing in the front of you.
Have your skis parallel. Put your weight on the foot that you will be turning to. For example when you want to turn right you put your weight on the right foot, and your skis will move with you. http://www.ballslist.com/travel/springbreaks/spri ngbreaks.html
* Don’t take off your skis when you fall! When you are still on the hill, make sure you stand side ways or else you won’t be able to get up. Stuck your poles into the snows, put your legs together, and hold the poles to help you get up.
Daffy skiing is a trick to do when you are in the air. To start off, ski at the speed for a jump, when you are in the air, put one leg in the front of you and the other in the back of you. Face your poles backwards, and get ready to go back to your normal position, make sure that your skis are parallel and in a bend down position. http://apresski.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/the- story-behind-hot-dogging/
* Spread eagle is a fun trick for a intermediate and advance students to do. You have to be in a speed for a high jump, bending down your knees and when you are in the air extend your hands, and foot as wide as you can. And when you are about to land to the floor get back to your normal position. http://thegoat.backc ountry.com/2007/02 /12/top-5-reasons- snowboarders-are- cooler-than-skiers/
* Moguls are bumps that you can see in all the ski area. To start off we moguls make sure you lean a bit forward if you lean back it will be hard to stop. Keep your legs flexed and your upper body relaxed, keep your legs bend the whole time. http://www.hvrsd.org/timberlane/studen ts/JohnN/
* Kick turn is a trick how you can change your direction without taking off your skis. To start off stand with your skis parallel, swing one of your skis up, and turn 180 degrees and swing it back down. Bend your knees, and you will find out that you are facing the other direction.
This is my very first time Skiing and traveling somewhere with friends and teachers. I learn how to ski in this ski trip and I also meet a lot of new people. This is my favorite trip, and I hope next year it would be much more better than this ski trip.
"How To Spread Eagle Jump On Skis: Snow Skiing Tips | LIVESTRONG.COM." LIVESTRONG.COM - Lose Weight & Get Fit with Diet, Nutrition & Fitness Tools. Web. 27 Feb. 2011.. "Learning to Ski - Skiing Skills, Techniques." Talk Skiing: Gliding down the Slopes. Web. 27 Feb. 2011.. "Skiing Beginner Course - Kick Turn @ ABC-of-Skiing." Skiing Info, News, Pictures, Forum, Shop, Travel and Community @ ABC-of-Skiing. Web. 27 Feb. 2011.. "Skiing Tricks - Daffy @ ABC-of-Skiing." Skiing Info, News, Pictures, Forum, Shop, Travel and Community @ ABC-of-Skiing. Web. 27 Feb. 2011..