93. Predict (pre) (dict)To hear beforeTo say beforeTo write before
104. When a driver’s license is revoked (re) (vok), it is: --taken back--called back--looking forward
115. When you win your first trophy, your name will be inscribed on the brass plate. Called inWritten inSeen by all
126. The counselor advised me about colleges. To call towardTo see towardTo write toward
13Combine a prefix and root 7.Did your (VIS) ___________ check your work?8. I’d rather be a (SPECT) ___________ than a participant in sports.9. The doctor will (SCRIBE) ________ new medicine.10. No one can (DICT) _________ the future.
14ROOTONYM--DICT1. A book containing a selection of words of a language, usually arranged alphabetically.DICT__ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___2. Something that foretells the future; a prophecy.___ ___ ___ DICT ___ ___ ___
15ROOTONYM 3. Any judgment or decision. The findings of a jury. ___ ___ ___ DICT4. To say or read aloud for a person to write or type.DICT ___ ___ ___
16YOUR TURNMake four “rootonyms” for a root word that you learned today.
17More Roots Root Meaning Example hydro water Hydroplane hydroelectric Aqu-AquamarineaquariumCredcreedTo believeIncredible
20Try These 1. During summer, we (POS) ____ our skin to the sun. 2. The mean lady (DUC) __________ the child from his yard.3. We must (PON) _______ the concert until Friday.________________________Choose from: composed, reduce, postpone, repose, expose, abducted
21Flip a Chip 1. Four syllables=Four Words Example: re vision Pro spect 2. Flip your chip and record the words.RevisionRespectProvisionProspect3. What do these words mean?
224. Write a paragraph using the four words: Out of _________ for Mrs. B., the students made a _____________ of the paragraphs that they submitted first semester. Because they knew the task would be difficult, the group decided to make a ___________ and get food to keep them alert. The sub sandwich looked like a good _____________ for dinner.