Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

EAST CARIBBEAN CONFERENCE Harvest Ingathering Promoter SESSION 2 Pastor Colin L. Thorne PERSONAL MINISTRIES DIRECTOR.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "EAST CARIBBEAN CONFERENCE Harvest Ingathering Promoter SESSION 2 Pastor Colin L. Thorne PERSONAL MINISTRIES DIRECTOR."— Presentation transcript:

1 EAST CARIBBEAN CONFERENCE Harvest Ingathering Promoter SESSION 2 Pastor Colin L. Thorne PERSONAL MINISTRIES DIRECTOR

2 YOU’RE ON AN ERRAND FOR GOD Some may question the propriety of receiving gifts from unbelievers. Let such ask themselves, ‘Who is the real owner of our lands, and its treasures of gold and silver?

3 God has an abundance in our world, and He has placed His goods in the hands of all, both the obedient and the disobedient.

4 He is ready to move upon the hearts of worldly men, even idolaters, to give of their abundance for the support of His work; and He will do this as soon as His people learn to approach these men wisely and to call their attention to that which it is their privilege to do.” Ellen G. White, October 15, 1908.

5 HISTORICAL OVERVIEW  Harvest Ingathering, was adopted in 1908, and recommended by the General Conference to all churches, as an Annual Worldwide Denominational Appeal for the following purposes:  To provide funds to aid a world program that includes educational, welfare, and disaster relief projects thus bringing up liftment to humanity and a living Christ to the world.  To give an opportunity to market the Seventh-day Adventist Church, distribute copies of the Ingathering magazine, pray with our contacts and seek to enrol them in a Bible Correspondence course.

6  The funds gathered through this campaign comprise only about 7% of the total cost of the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s worldwide humanitarian work, the other 93% is being met by the tithes and offerings of the members.

7 DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS COLLECTED You might wonder how the ingathering collected is distributed by the Conference, here is a simple breakdown. The I.A.D. receives ten percent (10%) of the Basic; U.S.C. thirty percent (30%), E.C.C. sixty percent (60%) also of the Basic, which is placed on an account for disaster and welfare. The Churches receive ninety percent (90%) of the total funds from the Super or Faith goals - which we call the ingathering comeback – and the outstanding ten percent (10%) is used for ingathering materials. Please use this knowledge to educate your church. Annually it cost us over BD$21, to layout and print our beautiful calendars.

8 THE INGATHERING COMEBACK The ingathering comeback is to be divided: 1. Education 40% 2. Community Services 60% These should be placed into a special fund.

9 COMMUNITY SERVICES FUND The Fund for Community services is called the Disaster and Welfare fund, and is used for the same, which also may include a community project. This fund is not placed as part of the department’s budget.

10 CONFERENCE CONTRIBUTION In the event of a disaster or welfare need within a community, the local church may request a contribution from the Conference: 1. The local church sends its contribution to the Conference. 2. The Conference may match the local church’s contribution to a maximum of $3,

11 EDUCATION FUND This should be used for Christian Education.

12 MAY GOD HELP YOU TO REACH YOUR GOAL


Download ppt "EAST CARIBBEAN CONFERENCE Harvest Ingathering Promoter SESSION 2 Pastor Colin L. Thorne PERSONAL MINISTRIES DIRECTOR."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google