True or False. 1.The girl Li Fang loved and waited for didn’t turn up.( ) 2.Because her most lovely daughter got married to a human secretly, the Goddess got very angry.( ) 3.Zhinu was made to return to Heaven without her husband. They were allowed to meet once a year on the seventh day of the tenth lunar month.( ) 4.Hu Jin had been waiting for Li Fang for a long time with a gift for him.( ) T F T F Fast-reading seventh
Answer the following questions: 1.What was Li Fang afraid that Hu Jin was doing? Careful-reading 2. Why did people want the whether to be fine on Qiqiaojie? 3. What is the reason why Li Fang did not meet on time? 4.How did Li Fang feel at the end of the story? Why?
Answer the following questions: 1.What was Li Fang afraid that Hu Jin was doing? He was afraid that she was with her friend laughing at him. Careful-reading 2. Why did people want the whether to be fine on Qiqiaojie? People wanted the weather to be fine so they can meet the one they love.
3. What is the reason why Li Fang did not meet on time? Because Li Fang waited in the coffee shop while Hu Jin waited in the teashop. 4.How did Li Fang feel at the end of the story? Why? He was worried because he has thrown away Hu Jin’s Valentine’s gifts.
Story-retelling heart-broken not turn up look forward with his roses and chocolates Be laughed at? Fool? not keep her word Throw away his roses and chocolates
tea shop Why are you so late? I’ve been waiting for you for a long time. ve been waiting for coffee shop At last…
1. turn up 1) appear 出现, 露面 He __________________so far. Please _________ the fire. 他到目前还没有出现。 2) 调大声音，把... 开大点儿 请把火调大一点。 hasn’t turned up turn up 你总是迟到 !( 做事慢慢吞吞的 ) You’re always __________ late for everything! turning up
turn down turn off turn on turn out turn to sb. for help 相关短语 : 关小, 拒绝 关掉 打开 结果是...... 向某人求助
2. keep one’s word 守信用, 遵守诺言 break one’s word 违背诺言 in a word in other words have a word with sb. have words with sb. (about sth.) I’d like to ___________ with you. 我想和你谈一下。 简言之 换句话说 与 sb. 交谈 关于 sth. 与 sb. 争吵 have a word
A gentleman should always __ his __. A. keeps; word B. keep; word C. keeps; words D. keep; words B
3. hold one’s breath 屏息 The girl _____________ at the sight of the snake. 当那个女孩看到那条蛇的时候，她屏住呼吸。 lose one’s breath = be out of breath breathe v. breath n. held her breath take breath 呼吸 喘不过气来
When we got to the top of the mountain, we were nearly _________. A. under our breath B. lost our breath C. caught our breath D. out of breath D lose one’s breath = be out of breath
4. apologize 道歉 apologize to sb for (doing) sth = say sorry to sb for doing sth apology n. make an apology to sb for (doing) sth. You must apologize _______ the teacher ________ being so rude. 你必须为你的粗鲁行为向老师道歉。 to for
5. drown (drowned, drowned ) 浸、泡, 淹没, 淹死 The floods ___________ the streets and houses. 借 … 消愁 drown one’s sorrow/sadness in… drowned 洪水淹没了街道和房子。 drown one’s sorrow/sadness in coffee
Frank tried to save the ___________ girl in the river, but unfortunately he was _______. A. drowned; drowning B. drowning; drowned C. drowned; drowned D. drowning; drowning B drowning 将要溺死的 drowned 已被淹死的
6. It was obvious that the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave... 明显的， 清楚的 obviously adv. 明显地，清楚地 obvious adj. ▲ It + be + obvious +that-clause It was obvious that she was in danger.
７.wipe (wiped, wiped) Vt 擦，擦去 wipe off 抹掉，擦掉 wipe up 擦干净，歼灭 The students on duty ____________ the blackboard during break. A.Wiped the words off B. washed C. Cleaned D. A and C D clean the blackboard wipe the words off the blackboard
9. As Li Fang set off for home, he thought... set off: Tom and his father set off for America yesterday. The bomb set off among the crowd. 动身, 出发 ; ( 侧重去某一个地方） 使（地雷、炸弹）爆炸 ;
相关短语： set about doing sth. = set out to do sth 着手（做某事） forgive (forgave, forgiven) vt forgive sb sth 宽恕某人某事 forgive (me) the debt 免除我的债务
8. remind sb. of sth 提醒某人某事 remind sb. to do sth remind sb. that… He reminded that I should have been more careful. He reminded me to get up early. He reminded me of my promise. 1) 他提醒我那个承诺。 2) 他提醒我要早起。 3) 他提醒我本应该小心点。