We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAniya Newlin
Modified over 2 years ago
IES Eduardo Linares Lumeras Dpto. Inglés
1.What’s the capital city of New Zealand? a) Wellington b) Auckland c) Hamilton
2. When did India get the independence from the United Kingdom? a)1951 b)1949 c)1947
3. When do Americans celebrate Thanksgiving? a)The first Thursday of November b)The last Thursday of November c)The first Thursday of October
b) The last Thursday of November
4. Who’s not American? a)Adele a)Taylor Swift b)Katy Perry
5. Who was the author of Sherlock Holmes? a)Sir Arthur Cartwright b)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle c)Oscar Wilde
b) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
6. In 2012 the Queen Elizabeth II will celebrate her Diamond Jubilee. This means that she has been the queen of the British for: a)40 years b)50 years c)60 years
7. Where is English an official language? a)Egypt b)Panama c)Kenya
8. What’s BLACK FRIDAY in the United States of America? a)The busiest shopping day of the year b)The day of the stock market crash c)The day after Halloween
a) The busiest shopping day of the year
9. Who is the best selling singer in the United States of America? a)Madonna b)Elvis Presley c)Michael Jackson
b) Elvis Presley
10. Alaska belongs to: a)Canada b)USA c) Greenland
11.What kind of fish do British use to make “FISH AND CHIPS”? a)Hake (merluza) b)Sea bass (lubina) c)Cod (bacalao)
12. How do you say “galleta” in Australian English? a)Cookie b)Biscuit c)Bikkie
13) How many official languages has Southafrica got? a)11 b)14 c)16
14) Beyonce is from the United States of America, but … where was she born? a)In Texas b)In Illinois c)In Florida
a) In Texas
15. When is the Super Bowl celebrated? a)The first Sunday of January b)The first Sunday of February c)The first Sunday of March
b) The first Sunday of February
16. What’s a “boxty”? a)A music festival from Belfast b)A kind of Irish hat c)A typical dish from Ireland
17. Where is the U.S state of Hawaii? a)In the Athlantic Ocean b)In the Indian Ocean c)In the Pacific Ocean
c) The Pacific Ocean
18. In the film the King’s Speech, who is exactly the king? a)King George VI b)King Edward II c)King William IV
a) King George V
19. Which is the first Harry Potter book? a)Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire b)Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone c)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
b) Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
20. Where does the changing of the Guard take place? a)Clarence House b)Buckingham Palace c)Downing street
b) Buckingham Palace
21. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from which country: a)France b)England c)Canada
22. Which is the national animal of India? a)The cow b)The Elephant c)The tiger
A Trip to English-Speaking Countries
W ELCOME TO E NGLISH - SPEAKING COUNTRIES Quiz.
QUIZ “Welcome to English- speaking countries”. What sports was invented by the Canadian? A. Baseball B. Basketball C. Soccer C. Soccer D. Tennis.
Викторина Англоязычные страны.
Your game UK UK USA USA AUSTRALIA AUSTRALIA.
QUIZQUIZ Josep Miquel Andreu Carolina Cáceres Miquel Castell Xesca Castell.
Своя игра “English – speaking countries” Abeuova Saltanat English Teacher Gymnasium 97.
SPIRAL WITH A SURPRISE “DO YOU KNOW GREAT BRITAIN?” GREAT BRITAIN?” Made by: Nikitina Nina, Gymnasium №1 Tyumen 2010.
INTRODUCTION English is an official or semi-official in over 60 countries and has a predominant place in a further 20. It is either dominant or well-established.
Around Great Britain QUIZ Автор: Еремина Н. П.
T h e F r i d a y L e c t u r e Friday 23rd March 2012 Jingbian Senior Middle School.
The Republic of Ireland Quiz. Look at the quiz about Ireland. Write down the letters of correct answers. Put these letters in the correct order to get.
BRITISH CIVILISATION. 1. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (U.S.A.)
Queen Elizabeth II 1926 Elizabeth is Born 1947 Princess Elizabeth marries prince philip 1947 Princess Elizabeth marries prince philip 1953 the Coronation.
BAKI HUMANITAR KOLLECI SHUSHAYEVA SVETLANA.
Своя игра Санкт-Петербург I. The First Round I. I. What is it? II. The UK III. Who is it? Второй раунд.
- the coronation - In 1962 a public gallery was opened at Buckingham Palace - silver jubilee - Charles and Diana's wedding.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.