We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published bySky Lupton
Modified about 1 year ago
The Stranger By: Chris Van Allsburg
1. What is terror? A. fear B. loneliness C. greed
Terror is fear
2. Where is the parlor? A. music room B. hotel C. sitting or living room
A parlor is a living room.
3. She was fascinated by her pen. A. annoyed B. pleased C. amazed
Fascinated means to be amazed.
The wind caused a draft. A. air current B. smell C. art
A draft is air blowing
5. He is timid. A. active B. shy or fearful C. thoughtful
Timid means fearful or shy
6. He etched the glass. A. tapped B. leaned C. carved
Etched means carved into a surface.
7. Frost is on the ground. A. powdered ice B. fog C. soil
Frost is powdered ice.
8. What happened to the mercury in the doctor’s thermometer? A. Boiled B. Went down C. changed color
Went down to the bottom.
9. How was the stranger different? A. He ate hot soup. B. The sun did not set. C. The rabbits were not afraid of him.
The rabbits were not afraid of the stranger.
10. Why do you think the author showed that the stranger never got tired. A. Mr. Bailey liked that the stranger liked to work. B. Katy liked to work. C. The stranger was special.
The author probably wanted to showed how special the stranger was.
11. What was a clue that the weather was not changing? A. The sun B. The geese flew south. C. The rabbits hopped.
The geese fly south when the weather changes.
12.What showed that the stranger was harmless? A. He tried to run away. B. He watched the sun set with Katy. C. He lost his memory.
The stranger watched the sunset with Katy.
13. If the stranger was a hermit how would he act? A. He would work hard. B. He would have been shy and uncomfortable. C. He would had a party.
He would have been shy and uncomfortable.
14. Why did the pumpkins grow larger? A. The weather was warmer. B. The seeds were bigger. C. More rain.
The pumpkins were larger because the weather was warmer longer.
15. What was different about the trees north of the Bailey farm? A. They were bigger. B. They had frost on them. C. They had turned red and orange.
The trees north of the Bailey farm had turned red and orange.
16. What happened first in the story? A. The stranger became a member of the Bailey family. B. The Stranger climbed a hill. C. The stranger ran and disappeared.
The stranger became a member of the Bailey Family.
17. What event never happened in the story? A. Mr. Bailey hit the stranger. B. The geese flew in a V formation. C. The leaves changed colors in a day.
The leaves changed colors in a day.
What effect did the stranger have on the Bailey farm?
Summer did not change to fall.
How did the stranger continue to show the Bailey’s he cared for them?
The trees stayed green longer every fall and he left frost messages on the windows.
What do you think would have happened if the stranger had never left the Bailey’s?
The weather would have probably stayed warm.
Cause and Effect Comprehension Skill Fourth Grade Unit 3 Week 1 Created by Kristi Waltke.
The Stranger Text and Art Text and Art by Chris Van Allsburg by Chris Van Allsburg Compiled by: Terry Sams PESTerry Sams.
Fourth Grade Unit 3 Week 1 The Stranger Words to Know draft etched fascinated frost parlor terror timid.
Frequency Words. a about after again all always.
List 1 Sight Words the to and he a I you it.
List 1. the List 1 to List 1 and List 1 he List 1.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.)
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The people Look for some people. Write it down. By the water So there you are. Who will make it? You and I A long time What will they do?
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.) Press the Esc key to stop the slide show Click this button below to start the slide.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
Sight Words Complete Dolch Sight Word List Preprimer through Third.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
Can you see?. I like him. When will we go? All or some.
Lets build fluency! The people By the water You and I.
1. While travelling in Russia, Ed Jackson ran short of money. So he wrote his brother, asking for 500. Send the by telegram to the bank here, he wrote.
Come. and down a away big blue can help.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
High-Frequency Phrases First 100 Words. The people.
An. ten and ten at pet hot cats am a not.
First Grade Sight Words a in I and is it for.
First 100 High Frequency Words a her see am about.
Lap 1. the to and he a I you it of in Lap 2.
Englewood Public Schools Englewood, Colorado 2009 A Compilation of E.W. Dolch 1936, The Reading Teachers Book of Lists, Fourth Edition,© 2000 by Prentice.
Oral Reading Fluency First 100 Most Used Phrases.
Module 2 Friendship Unit 2 No one knew who I was..
Plot Comprehension Skill First Grade Unit 3 Week 4 Created by Kristi Waltke.
A. as is a couldn’t does could has wouldn’t.
Multiple Meaning Words Multiple Meaning Words are words that have several meanings depending upon how they are used in a sentence. We use CONTEXT CLUES.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.