We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byDerrick Peale
Modified about 1 year ago
20 STEPS TO CREATING YOUR PERFECT CUSTOM HOME
Francisca Alonso was born in Santiago (Chile), but grew up in the Costa del Sol (Spain). She comes from a family of architects and builders. Her father is the internationally acclaimed Melvin Villarroel Roldan who designed luxury resorts and hotels on the Mediterranean coast and all over the world. A magna cum laude graduate from The School of Architecture at The Catholic University, she has more than 20 years of experience in architecture and interior design. Her background, professional training, and dedication for her craft led her to launch AV Architects in 2001, along with her husband, Antonio Alonso. Francisca and Antonio have lived in the Northern Virginia area for over 20 years and have four teenage children together. About Us Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. Antonio Alonso is also from a family of craftsmen. He has a Bachelors in Science Degree from the prestigious Catholic University of America’s School of Architecture and Planning. He has worked on the construction team building The Washington National Cathedral. He is also the chief architect for the United States General Services Administration’s National Capital Building Division where he has worked for over 20 years. In 2002, Antonio and Francisca launched a sister company, AV Builders, to deliver a seamless construction process and to provide clients with a single point of accountability. Both are passionate about homes and helping people to achieve their dream of “loving their home again.” Committed to the “master builder approach,” they have assembled an extraordinary team of construction specialists and craftsmen who transform ideas into reality. Cofounder & CEO, AV Architects + Builders Assoc. AIA Cofounder & Vice President, AV Architects + Builders AIA
What if you could build your own custom home from the ground up and from the inside out? Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. How much do you know about the critical steps in the building process?
There are many details to consider: Planning Site Finances Hiring professionals Custom design Construction Your home is often the single largest investment you will make and building a home may be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. This exciting process can be designed to fit your specific needs and individual lifestyle.
Before you begin, ask yourself some important lifestyle questions… What style of home do you want? How many bedrooms do you need? How many bathrooms? Do you need entertainment spaces? Will you need additional storage? Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
Building your own home may be more practical than purchasing a ready built one. Let’s walk through the custom build process… Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
It’s a good idea to start your research months before you plan to build. Consider how you will finance your perfect home while also protecting your investment. Look into how much your choices may cost. Even simple things like a doorknob, switch plate or cabinet knobs. Every choice impacts your budget. Knowing how much items cost up-front will help ensure against cost overruns! 1. Decide What You Want to Build Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
To learn about the AV Architects + Builders specific Build process, visit us at: avarchitectsbuild.com/services/build/ Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
2. Plan Your Budget HHow much you can afford? What size loan are you eligible for? You may need a: Construction Loan Mortgage YYour desired architectural style and location may affect your budget. Size Characteristics of your building site. Consider upfront expenses like land, permits, and utilities. The most expensive areas: kitchen, bathrooms and all of their amenities. Knowing the approximate costs will help you modify your building plans to keep you within your budget. Have you thought about how much you want to spend? Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
Read more about our unique “Master Builder” process at: Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
3. Choose Your Lot The neighborhood Start by visiting your favorite communities. Size of the house you want The smaller the lot, the more important the topographical aspects. Consider the natural flow of drainage Higher ground is better practically and aesthetically. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. Before the design process, you should learn about your lot:
Design around existing vegetation Look for feel and value. Walk the full length of the building site Look at shape and style of your home. Create a site plan Mind orientation, access, preservation, and jurisdiction’s set-back regulations. Mind the sun From a holistic point of view, it’s preferable to have the sun facing the south side of your home. Think about spaces use placement privacy landscaping Plan the house and it’s placement on the lot first and then consider the supporting layers like utilities and driveway Particularly for corner lots. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
The value of working with a professional architect, before you build, to develop a site plan on paper will actually save you money in the long run and help you visualize your new custom home. AV Architects + Builders We recommend that you use a professional architect/builder for your next project, like AV Architects + Builders, to save time and money! If you do it right the first time, you will not have to do it twice. For more information on the Benefits of using a Design/Build company, visit us at: Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
4. Create Your Vision Think about feel: Your house should give you years of fulfillment. Consider space: Use of each space. Circulation through and around. What is most important about each space. Collect your ideas: Collect magazine clippings, pictures and ideas. Visit open houses on a regular basis. Make note of the features that inspire you. Identify your style and personality by listing what you like. Use internet sources resources like Houzz and Pinterest.Houzz Pinterest Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
5. Choose Your Architect The house’s interior and exterior must be aesthetically appealing and practical at the same time. Architect/Builders will: AAssist in balancing the aesthetics of the home's structure or "bones". SStreamline the building process. DDesign the exact spaces that you’re trying to achieve. HHelp add style and value to your house. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. AV Architects + Builders help you through the hundreds of tiny steps between concept and completion. We have the experience to manage the entire design and construction process. We will provide an accurate picture of how the project will turn out before construction begins. We can see obstacles in your project that you would never anticipate.
If you choose someone other than AV Architects + Builders Make sure to review their portfolio looking for design elements that would fit your project, such as window placement and room layouts. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
Six key elements to share with your building team: For inspiration, visit us at Houzz.com: Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
Another element in choosing the right architect is finding out what their biggest challenges are and what attracted them to your project. You’ll want to know how they would rectify any issues, if they’ll provide drawings, and whether they provide any other services. You’ll also want to know how much involvement they will have from beginning to end. You can learn more about our Unique Design Process at: Is your project attractive? Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
Here are the benefits: Deliver single-point accountability Control the project’s cost Design before we build Explore multiple design solutions Minimize change orders Minimize surprises Provide team delivery What a design/build company like AV Architects + Builders does for you: Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
6. Designing Your Home Smaller factors that greatly impact your project: Decks, porches and patios. Den, media room and home office. Eat-in kitchen, breakfast nook or formal dining room Small Vs. large spaces, or, cozy Vs. open. Fireplace, bay windows, large windows, luxury master bath free Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. As soon as you’ve decided to build your new custom home contact us. You may have a vision in mind, but AV Architects + Builders can help to make your dream a reality. As you’re getting inspired, keep a scrapbook, bookmark pictures, search the internet, etc.
Afterwards, review your ideas with your design/build team to consolidate them into a cohesive design. AV Architects +Builders will also work through several schematic design concepts to find the scheme that best fits your needs. For design ideas, visit: Schedule your FREE DESIGN CONSULATION with us at: design-consultation Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
7. Choose a Builder AV Architects + Builders. ALWAYS work with Class A professionals, like AV Architects + Builders. Choose a builder with strong experience in building on the type of land you’ve chosen. Select a team that offers a variety of floor plans and can adapt a plan to the topography of your lot. Choose someone you trust and can honestly communicate with. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. You will spend a lot of time with your builder!
The builder will be… …your best advocate… …an integral and collaborative member of the design team. You should find out… … how many years he/she has been in business… … homes they’ve constructed… … warranties offered… … previous references. You should… … preview of a model or other home they’ve built… … standard features, options and upgrades, final price determination, completion time frame, and who will oversee the home’s construction, etc. Why buy a home that does not fit your lifestyle when you can build the home of your dreams? Choosing the right builder is essential to the success of your new custom home! Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
8. Initial Consultation Have a meeting with the team that you’ve selected. Discuss budgetary goals and a cost range in similar projects recently completed. Ensure you are a good fit to work with each other. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
9. Fix the Cost How will your project’s expenses be paid? There are three (3) methods to think about: Times/Material Pricing – This is a standard labor rate per hour used, plus the actual cost of materials used. Cost Estimate with Allowance Pricing – This option is a convenient method of allocating construction funds to portions of the work that cannot be specified at the time of contracting. Fixed Construction Pricing – This means the pricing is "fixed" in advance and is independent of cost incurred in respect of the construction contract. AV Architects + Builders The Fixed Construction Pricing is the most preferred method by clients and by AV Architects + Builders as it gives everyone the peace of mind of knowing the costs upfront. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
10. Negotiate a Contract AV Architects + Builders Once you’ve chosen AV Architects + Builders as your architect/build team, we will provide you with a written contract. The contract will include the starting and completion dates of construction, as well as entail the complete cost of the project. Contact us at: Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
11. Permitting Process Your builder should be responsible for getting the permits: Zoning Permit -- The zoning code determines how a project fits into a community regulating setbacks, types of uses, height, parking requirements, design and other concerns. Building Permit -- This ensures that structures are constructed to an appropriate standard and are safe for the uses intended. Although, there are several other permits that need to be acquired, prior to the construction process, AV Builders will take care of the details. We will obtain all necessary building permits and ready the site or space for construction. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
12. Pre-Construction Meeting AV Architects + Builders As your chosen team, AV Architects + Builders wants to talk with you prior to construction to: Walk you through each stage of the process Ensure that you know what to expect Give you a chance to ask questions about the building process. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
13. Pick a Plan Size is important, but, depending on your lifestyle and the way your floor plan flows -- whether it’s open or closed can make a huge difference. We will assist you in choosing a plan that ideally meets your needs so that you get exactly what you want. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
14. Final Pre-Construction Meeting You should meet again to: Ensure you are all still on the same page with your design/build team. Review your floor plan and finalize your customizations and special selections. Make changes and address other concerns for the last time. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
15. Construction AV Architects + Builders If you are working with AV Architects + Builders, we will meet regularly: To review the progress. To get to know each member of our building team who will: 1.Prepare site and pour foundation 2.Complete rough framing 3.Complete rough plumbing, electrical and HVAC. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. Almost ready to begin the building process of your dream home!!!
Install insulation Complete drywall and interior textures; start exterior finishes. Finish interior trim; install exterior driveways and walkways. Install hard-surface flooring and countertops; complete exterior grading. Finish mechanical trims Install bathroom fixtures: Mirrors, shower doors and finish flooring. Finish exterior landscaping. Create a to do punch-list and make sure every detail is taken care of. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. And then….
16. Inspection If any defects are found during this inspection, a follow-up inspection may be scheduled to ensure that any issues have been corrected. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. During the construction process inspection Final inspection + Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.)
17. Final Walk-Through After your new custom home has been constructed, a new set of steps will follow: A walk through your new home to acquaint you with features and operations of various systems and components. A conversation to explain your responsibilities, as the homeowner, for maintenance and upkeep as well as warranty coverage. Create a check list for corrections and adjustments on items such as: Surfaces of countertops. Fixtures installation. Floors’ finishing. Walls’ possible damage. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
18. Closing Day This is the day for you to be overly excited, so… take the day off! It’s time to close on your newly constructed custom built home. You will sign all necessary paper work and transfer funds. Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. AV Architects + Builders Afterwards, AV Architects + Builders will deliver the keys to your new custom home!
19. Congratulations! AV Architects + Builders AV Architects + Builders involvement doesn't end once the construction is completed. We will follow up with you to ensure your complete satisfaction with your new home! Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved. You have a new home You have a new home …
20. Ready to Move In AV Architects + Builders Welcomes You to your Dream Home!!! Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
9903 Georgetown Pike, Suite 201 Great Falls, VA Phone: Web:www.AVArchitectsBuild.comwww.AVArchitectsBuild.com Copyright ©2012 AVArchitects. All rights reserved.
Buffington Homes Homebuilding 101. Homebuilding 101 Topics About Buffington Homes. Our Customer Touch Points. Construction Process. Warranty Process.
TECHNOLGICAL DESIGN Architectura l Design Process.
Purchasing a Home Copyright 2011© Texas Education Agency. All rights reserved 1.
Home Buying Process Housing Selection. Objectives •Identify Factors to Consider When Selecting a House •Determine How To Locate Houses on the Market •Consider.
Construction Foundations of Technology Construction © 2013 International Technology and Engineering Educators Association STEM Center for Teaching and.
The Brownstone Homes Proposal for the Development of Little League Drive City of Tonawanda, NY.
Chapter 10 Architectural Design. Objectives After reading the chapter and reviewing the materials presented the students will be able to: Distinguish.
Smart Vision. Our Vision… A dedicated team of designers is prepared to fulfill your every dream and put color in your life A dedicated team of designers.
Presented By: New Home Sales Team Cooreman Properties & Irish Realty Building New Home Vs. Buying Existing Home Building New vs. Buying Used.
Chapter 3 Facility Design and Construction. Chapter Objectives 1.Describe the process of facility design and construction 2.Demonstrate proficiency in.
QUICK Design, Inc. Making sure your move Fits House 2 Home.
Presented by David & Kristen Plamondon Your Dedicated Realtor® Team WHY LISTINGS ‘EXPIRE’
Property Inspection & Analysis: The Improvements Basic Real Estate Appraisal: Principles & Procedures – 9 th Edition © 2015 OnCourse Learning Chapter 7.
1. First, a review…..the 7 major drawing types. Foundation Plans Floor Plans Elevations Electrical Plans Construction Details Pictorial Presentations.
LEARN HOW TO SELL USING 203(k) LOANS With Tim Pascarella.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN Residential Design Criteria 1 1 Copyright © Texas Education Agency, All rights reserved.
Everyone dreams about owning their own home at some point, and a great many people get to realise that dream. Still, many of them.
Whether you are remodeling your current home or building a new house~ from choosing the cabinets to installing the appliances ~The Home Depot is here to.
After studying this unit, you will be able to: Interpret architectural drawings Describe how computers can assist in understanding house plans Organize.
6 Primary Residential Design Considerations Chapter.
Developing and Presenting a Design Plan Just FACS.
A 3-Step Guide to Buying Your First Home. Your Name Your company Cell: (XXX) XXX-XXXX Direct: (XXX) XXX-XXXX FILL IN YOUR BIO HERE.
Buying Process There are many good reasons for you to buy a home, wealth building ranks among the top of the list. There are solid financial reasons.
Creating a Strong Self- Advocacy Group By Cindy Bentley, Tia Nelis, and Jason Endres.
Primary Design Considerations Chapter 6. Objectives Explain key site planning considerations. Evaluate the costs and requirements for building a residential.
5 Steps to Clear Communication. David Lupberger
Presented by: Gossling Construction & Seamless Gutters Keith Gossling - Owner Lauren Ragone - Administrative Assistant.
Renting vs. Buying Which is best for you?. The pros of renting A Landlord When a pipe bursts in your rental home, someone else foots the bill to fix it.
Welcome to The Mortgage House, LLC Welcome to The Mortgage House, LLC.
1535 Capel St Park West ~ Mt Pleasant ~ MLS# ~ $735,000 This beautiful elevated home is a wonderful opportunity to move into the highly desirable.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT Bedrock Learning, Inc Hemlock Drive Holland, MI USA Office: Facsimile:
FHA 203K IS ONE LOAN FOR A PURCHASE OR REFINANCE, THAT ALSO FINANCES HOME IMPROVEMENTS. WHILE THE FHA 203K HAS MANY ADVANTAGES, ITS PRIMARY BENEFIT IS.
About Us Alacritys’ is pioneered in The firm strives to create graceful designs, approaching each project, regardless.
All Star Home Inspections Services By Chuck Tolbert Member of NACHI, ASHI, SC Lis # 2300.
It costs no more to build a house with a good plan, than one with a poor plan…….in fact, it may cost less.
The Australian Owner Builders Planning Kit. What is the Australian Owner Builders Planning Kit? The planning kit is an essential tool for people looking.
1 BK Property Co., ltd “thinking of your new home always thinking of us” Office: 99/9 Darling Road, Malvern East, Victoria 3145 Tel: ,
7 th Grade Big6 Project Assignment: Make a children’s informational book (It can be in graphic novel format or regular picture-book format)
Why Listings ‘Expire’. Price – Without proper pricing, a property will take a longer time to achieve a sale and will yield substantially less dollars.
About Sentinel Inspections in Indiana Proudly Serving Monroe County & Central Indiana The Best Choice for Home Inspection Services Sentinel Inspections.
Author name here for Edited books chapter 6 Facility Construction 6 chapter.
Security deposit – a refundable amount a renter pays in advance to protect the owner against damage or nonpayment. Mortgage – a loan to purchase real.
Buying a Home. Renting a House AdvantagesDisadvantages.
CHAPTER 3 Resolution and Design. Predesign Phase Programming –Functions to: Guide Inform Inspire the project designer –Not a ‘grocery list’ –Not a ‘wish.
Spring 2009 Bedroom Project Welcome to the Workshop.
Copyright © Texas Education Agency, All rights reserved. Architectural Design Designing by Areas 1.
© Oklahoma State Department of Education. All rights reserved.1 Housing Alternatives Standard Renting vs. Buying.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.