http://education.sdsc.edu/optiputer/flash/convection.htm 1.What causes the displacement or movements of plates and deformation on earth’s crust? hyperlink
http://education.sdsc.edu/optiputer/flash/convection.htm 1.What causes the displacement or movements of plates and deformation on earth’s crust? Convection current in the mantle Deformation – mountain formation mantle core heat
2. What do you call the plates that make up earth’s crust?
3. How can tectonic plates result to earthquakes, volcanic eruption and landslides? Think! Plate movements results to subduction that forms volcanoes, sliding plates results to faults and earthquakes. Earthquakes can lead to landslide and tsunami.
4. Where do most earthquakes happen? Most earthquakes on earth happen around the Pacific Ocean due to convergent boundaries that result subduction zones and volcanoes. California
5. How can earthquakes result to soil liquefaction? Soil liquefaction as it happens in Japan.
5. How can earthquakes result to soil liquefaction? Liquefaction occurs when spaces between individual soil particles is completely filled with water due to the vibrations of earthquakes, turning the soil into the characteristic of mud.
6. Why do aftershocks tend to cause more fatalities (deaths) than the main earthquake? Think! Aftershocks can cause already weakened structures to collapse. Lack of proper education gives people false security that the danger is over so they retrieve their precious belongings from their homes. When the aftershock occurs, their homes collapse on them.
7. What are the different types of geohazards? Earthquake epicentre Volcanic eruption Landslide Tsunami Sinkhole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7cOSzEKvrQ Sinkhole in Louisiana Swallows Trees - Caught on Tape 2013