Presentation on theme: "Information Technology Division Executive Office for Administration and Finance IT Consolidation Working Group Messaging and Directory Services September."— Presentation transcript:
Information Technology Division Executive Office for Administration and Finance IT Consolidation Working Group Messaging and Directory Services September 20, 2010
- 1 - Messaging FY11 Strategy GOAL: To position MassMail and its related services so that it meets or exceeds the service levels, security, support and overall value that Secretariats and Agencies can self-provide To accomplish this goal MassMail needs to be improved to: Automate the adherence to State, Federal, and other legal archive and retention requirements (e.g. legal holds, journaling, archive & retention. Upgrade its services to current applications: Blackberry BES Servers, Exchange 2007, Improved anti-spam Enable Secretariats and agencies to manage and maintain their own Active Directories while allowing for single sign-on to MassMail services ITD has initiated and plans to complete the following “tracks” of work to accomplish these needs: Automated Archive & Retention Key Applications Upgrades Consolidated Directory Services
- 2 - Messaging and Directory Services Roadmap – High Level SeptOctNovDecJanFebMar Automated Archive & Retention Consolidated Directory Service Upgrade Initiatives Implement A&R Solution* Blackberry Upgrade Implementation ITD Pilot Ready for DIA & DOT Migration Pilot Ready for CHSB, etc Anti Spam Upgrade Exchange 2007 Upgrade** * Date depends on vendor dates currently being negotiated ** Does not include MassDOT/RMV
- 4 - Archive & Retention Initiative Status Accomplishments to date ITD has completed its work with BlueSource* and has determined the necessary hardware, software, and services required to: 1.Remove the current users and data from the existing Symantec Enterprise Vault (currently being used as a “mailbox expander”) 2.Install and implement the new software and hardware to provide journaling, archival, and eDiscovery capabilities 3.Pilot ~50 ITD users Next steps Execute Task Order #2 with BlueSource Purchase necessary hardware and software using existing blanket agreements Complete the “migration” of existing users out of the current Enterprise Vault Install and deploy new Enterprise Vault Pilot new functionality with a representative set of ITD users Anticipated end result - An Enterprise vault that: Will allow any user’s to be journaled, with controllable parameters to eliminate “generic” s Will allow all users to archive s (manually) by providing archive folders for their use (e.g. Retain for x days, retain for y days, etc) Support legal functions (legal hold, eDiscovery search and categorization Operate efficiently (automatic de-duplication)
- 5 - Exchange 2007 Upgrade Status Migrated Mailbox count is ~19,000 as of the end of August Major Targets for September include DMH (3,654) and EOHHS (4,755)
- 6 - Consolidated Directory & Other Initiatives Status Consolidated Directory Key Milestones DateStatus CDS RFQ develop and send to Legal09-13 to CDS RFQ approved by Legal and TFG posted on CommPass to Legal review will need close monitoring to ensure moves to TFG and posts on CommPass by EV clean-up (target date 10/30)10-30Marc and Donna scheduling exports out of EV Gateway BT Solution9-13IPG including Dir and contact sync replacement solution in CDS RFQ. Support window closes March IM – ITD RFI for solution vendors09-30Ramon working on list of potential vendors Other Initiatives Key MilestonesDateStatus BlackBerry Upgrade of 1700 version 4.4 users complete as of 9/13. Expect to have all 4.4 and above users to BES 5.0 9/29. Users with device software < 4.4 upgrading now, of original have upgraded and 300 remain. Anti Spam Solution9-13Charter out for signature, Vendor assessment completed, design finalizing and RFQ to legal review.