Presentation on theme: "课标人教实验版高一 Module 3 Unit 2 Language study Word study Verb Adjective Noun weaken strengthen beautiful digest balance amaze weak weakness strong strength."— Presentation transcript:
alternative words and expressions Words and expressions from the text should run away after doing something wrong something to make you thin by eating it ought to get away slimming foods
alternative words and expressions Words and expressions from the text wish to know about something get rid of something parts of plants that help food move quickly through the body curiosity throw away fiber
alternative words and expressions Words and expressions from the text changing food into something the body can use proper amount of different kinds of food needed for good health digestion balanced diet
Grammar 1. ought to ／ should should 和 ought to 都为 “ 应该 ” 的意思， 可用于各种人称。 ought to 的语气稍 重一些。 You ought to (should) follow your teacher’s advice.
表示主语的义务或责任： You should take care of your sister ． 你应当去照顾你妹妹。 或指出 — 个正确、明智的动作： They shouldn't allow parking here ； the street is too narrow ． 这儿不该允许停车；马路太窄了。
should 和 ought to 后面跟动词不定式的 完成式, 其肯定句表示 ” 过去应该做而未 做 ”, 其否定句则表示 ” 过去不该做但做 了 ” 。 You should/ought to have made the decision a week ago. I shouldn't have made such a foolish mistake. 注意
2. must 和 have to must 的用法 1 ）表示主观的义务和必要, 主要用于 肯定句和疑问句, 意思为 “ 必须 …… ， 得 …… ，要 ……” ；由 must 引起的疑问 句，肯定回答要用 must 或 have to, 否定回 答要用 needn’t 或 don’t have to, 意思是 “ 不必 ” ；
must 的否定形式 mustn’t 表示禁止， 意思是 “ 不能，不许 ” 。如： — Must I finish the task right now? 我现在必须完成这个工作吗？
—Yes, you must. / Yes, you have to. 是的。 (—No, you needn’t. / No, you don’t have to. 不，不必。 ) You mustn’t come here without permission. 未经允许，你不能来这儿。
have to 的用 法 1 ） must 表示一种主观的需要，而 have to 表示一种客观的需要，意思 是 “ 不得不 ” 。 如： I have to attend an important meeting this afternoon. 今天下午我不得不参加一个重要的 会议。
Mother is out, so I have to look after the shop. 妈妈不在家，因此我不得不照看 商店。 2 ） have to 的否定形式是 don’t have to, 相当于 needn’t 。如： They don’t have to buy a computer at present. 他们目前没有必要买电脑。
用下列图片造句。 做适当的运动 You should do some sports.
慢慢地进食，并有助消化。 You ought to eat slowly and it’s good for digestion.
You should help to set the dinner table.
You should keep your room clean.
We must listen to the teacher carefully.
We mustn’t eat in class.
You ought to hand on the homework on time.
You shouldn’t be late for school.
We should ask question actively.
We shouldn’t make noise in class.
Make sentences 1. 你每天最少要练习一小时口语。 You must practise speaking English at least an hour a day ． 2. 我每天不得不练习一小时口语！ I have to practise speaking English an hour a day ！
3. 你应该每天练习不止一小时。 You ought to ／ should practice English for more than an hour ． 4. 你应该读一下这个。它写得很好。 You ought to ／ should read this ． It’s very good ． 5. 你必须读这个。写得精彩极了！ You must read this ． It's marvelous ！
Please choose a proper phrase and according to the situations complete the sentences by using should (not) or ought (not) to. 1. Lisa needs a change. She _______________________________. 2. My salary is very low. You ______________________. should/ought to take a few days off should look for a new job
3. Nick always has difficulty getting up. He _______________________ ____________. 4. What a beautiful view! You __________________. 5. Billy’s room isn’t very interesting. He ___________________________ ___________. ought not to /shouldn’t go to bed so late should take a photo shouldn’t/ ought not to use her car so much
1.---Do you know where Mary is? I couldn’t find her anywhere. ---Well. She ___ have gone far---her coat is still here. A. shouldn’t B. mustn’t C. can’t D. wouldn’t C
2. Mr. White___ at 8:30 for the meeting, but he didn’t show up. A. should have arrived B. should arrive C. should gave had arrived D. should be arriving A
3. She___ taller, but she ate too little. A. can grow B. can have grown C. could grow D. could have grown D
4. Janny___ have kept her word. I wonder why she changed her mind. A. must B. should C. need D. would B
5. ---Must I be here earlier? ---No, you___ because your are busy. A. mustn’t B. don’t C. don’t have to D. Had better not to C
6.--- Is John coming by train? --- He should, but he ____ not. He likes driving his car. (NMET 2002) A. must B. can C. need D. may
7. Johnny, you _____ play with the knife, you ____ hurt yourself. A. won’t; can’t B. mustn’t; may C. shouldn’t; must D. can’t; shouldn’t
8. The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone _____ get out. A. had to B. would C. was able to D. could
9. _____ you like to have a walk with us this evening? A. Could B. Will C. Would D. Can
10. —Mr Wang, I will go and fetch four chairs for the meeting. —You _____fetch four; two will do. A. won’t B. couldn’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t
Homework 1. Preview the reading (2) and reading task on Page 53. See how the story ended. 2. Find some information about healthy eating on the Internet.