Presentation on theme: "19 April 2015 Burmah Road Gospel Hall Part I …in the Past (The Shadows) The Feasts of the L ORD Deut. 16:16; (L EV. 23) Three times in a year shall all."— Presentation transcript:
19 April 2015 Burmah Road Gospel Hall Part I …in the Past (The Shadows) The Feasts of the L ORD Deut. 16:16; (L EV. 23) Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD …in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: (Before the Prophetical Parenthesis ) The Future… (The Substance) The C HRIST – His Holy Walk, Death, Burial The C HURCH – Her Revelation Her Reign And they shall not appear before the Lord empty. Deut. 16:16
Recapitulation: T HE A UTHORITY OF THE W ORD OF G OD … Rev. 22:18, 19; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Matt. 5:18; Lk. 24:44 : Introduction: The Past – The Feasts of the LORD were appointed Festivals to be observed by Israel. Lev. 23 A Panorama of All Things Future.BRGH theme. E.g. The Feasts of the Passover and Firstfruits were Foreshadows Pointing to Christ and the Church to Come. I Cor. 5:7; I Cor. 15:23 AND THE A PPOINTED F EASTS OF THE LORD
The Parenthesis in the Feasts Pre-shadowed the Fulness of the Body of Christ – The Church. The Proofs as Follows: I. T HE F ACT OF THE P ARENTHESIS (T HE I NTERVAL ) A. The Mystery of he Church. Eph. 3:3-7; cf. Mt. 16:18; Acts 2:47b; 20 occ. in Rev. (cf. 13:9) B. The Missing Periods…(I Pet. 1:11) 1. In the Mission of the Messiah - Isa. 61:1-3 cf. Lk. 4:17-19, 20, 21 2. In the “Missing” Parts of God’s Panoramic Programme. - Dan. 9:24-27; 12:2; Rev. 20:6, 14; Cf. Jn. 5:20; Rev. 20:5, 14. 3. In the Intervening Interval between the Feasts of Weeks (Pentecost) and Trumpets – 1 st day of 7 mth. For details see http://www.berita-bethel-ung.com/main.html
I. T HE F EASTS OF THE P RE -P ARENTHESIS AND THEIR F ORESHADOWS. THE FEAST OF PASSOVER (Pesach) Lev. 23:5 A Calendar Change, Exo. 12:2 1.A Lamb Coming into the world on the 1 st day. BIRTH of Jesus.Exo. 12:3 Cf. Lk. 2:12 cf. Mic. 4:8 Cf. Luke 2:8, 11-12 There were…shepherds … keeping watch over their flock by night…For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
Micah 4:8 cf. 5:2 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. Micah 5:2 (KJV) 2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
1. A Lamb Coming into the world on the 1 st day. BIRTH of Jesus.Exo. 12:3 Cf. Lk. 2:12 cf. Mic. 4:8 2.The Lamb Chosen on the 10 th to 14 th day. Exo. 12: 3, 4, 6 Your lamb shall be without blemish. cf. Jn. 1:29 BAPTISM & Public Ministry. Cf. Jesus was without sin (Heb. 4:15; I Pet. 1:19) He did no sin (I Pet. 2:22); In Him was no sin (I Jn. 3:5); and He knew no sin (II Cor. 5:21) cf. Lk. 23:4, 14, 41
3. Your Lamb Cut off on the 14th day. DEATH on the Cross.Exo. 12:5, 6 (mar.) The LAMB of YHWH Crucified on the exact day. Cf. Jn. 19:19 Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. it was written in Hebrew, and Greek and Latin
JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS John 19:19-20 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. The Acronym: Latin: INRI Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum Hebrew transliterated into English: Y’Shua HaNatzri V’Melech HaYehudim Hebrew: YHVH or YHWH Y AHWEH ! The Lamb of Yahweh Slain at Passover!
A. THE FEAST OF PASSOVER (Pesach) Lev. 23:5 B. THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREADLev. 23:6-8 1. Its Inter-link with the PassoverExo. 12:14, 15, 18 In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day… 2. No Interval between the two feasts – the One stood for the Other. Lev. 23:6 cf. Mt. 26:17-19; I Cor. 5:7, 8 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto Him, Where wilt Thou that we prepare for Thee to eat the passover?
3. The Interdict: No leaven to be eaten or seen for the seven days of the feast. Exo.12:15 Jesus’ Unleavened Spotless walk In Him is no sin…He knew no sin…He did no sin I Jn. 3:5; II Cor. 5:21; I Pet. 2:22 (cf. 1:19) leading to His crucifixion and Sacrifice. His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree. I Pet. 2:24 His Soul will not Suffer corruption in Sheol. Psa. 16:10; He would Rise again as Firstfruits of the Resurrection!
C. THE FEAST OF FIRSTFRUITS Lev. 23:9-14; Deut. 26:1-11 1. THE CONNECTION. a. The Divisions - Their Marking: "And the Lord spake unto Moses" Lev. 23:1, 9, 23, 26, 33 b. The Day – The "Morrow after the (7th) Sabbath" – a new Reckoning. Cf. Col. 2:16, 17 i. The Sheaf waved.Lev. 23:11 cf. Matt. 28:1 ii. Two Loaves waved.Lev. 23:15-17 cf. Acts 2:1 c. The Deal – when ye are come into the land, 23:10
1. THE CONNECTION. 2. THE CONDITIONS. a. The Prerequisites of the Law. Lev. 23:9-11 Cf. Deut. 26:1-11 b. The Property of the Lord - to be Offered before any One could take of the harvest.Lev. 23:14 i. Firstfruits belong to the Lord.Exo. 22:29 cf. Pro. 3:9 ii.The Firstfruits of your Land.23:19 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the LORD thy God. iii.The Firstfruits of your Labours. 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.
c. The Perfection of Christ's Life. i.The Omission of the Sin Offering in Firstfruits and Sabbath. Lev. 23:12, 13; Num. 28:9, 10 (Cf. #ii. below) ii. The Compulsion of Sin Offering in Passover and Unleavened Bread. (Num. 28:16, 22 cf. II Cor. 5:21); Pentecost (Lev. 23:19); Trumpet (Num. 29:1, 5); Atonement (29:7, 11); Tabernacles (29:12, 16)
3. THE “COMPANION” OFFERINGS Lev. 23:10-13 a. The Firstfruits - its typical teaching. Lev. 23:10, 11 i.It was a Sheaf23:10 cf. I Cor. 15:20 ii.It was a Sheaf of firstfruits. 23:10 cf. Matt. 27:52, 53 iii.It was a Sample of the Harvest. 23:10 cf. I Cor. 15:23 iv.The Sheaf was Waved. 23:11 cf. I Cor. 15:54-57 b. The Burnt Offering. Lev. 23:12 cf. Lev. 1:9
c. The Meal OfferingLev. 23:13 cf. Lev. 2:1, 2. See 2:12 ct. 2:14-16 The Difference in the Meal Offerings of Firstfruits. Lev. 2:12-16 i.The “IT” Meal Offering of Firstfruits was a Sweet-Savour offering burnt by Fire.Lev. 2:14-16 Thou shalt offer for the meat offering of thy firstfruits green ears of corn dried by the fire, even corn beaten out of full ears. And thou shalt put oil upon it, and lay frankincense thereon: it is a meat offering. And the priest shall burn the memorial of it, part of the beaten corn thereof, and part of the oil thereof, with all the frankincense thereof: it is an offering made by fire unto the LORD. ii.The “THEM” Meal Offering of Firstfruits Lev. 2:12 Cf. Jas. 1:18b As for the oblation of the firstfruits, ye shall offer them unto the LORD: but they shall not be burnt on the altar for a sweet savour. d.The Drink Offering.Lev. 23:13cf. Phil. 2:17
Next Week: 26th April, 2015 Burmah Road Gospel Hall Pt. II – The Future in the Past (After the Prophetical Parenthesis) Acknowledgement: Many images in this Presentation are sourced from the Internet with the sole intention of illustrating my biblical teaching and not used for any profitable purpose.
For those interested in… Viewing the Powerpoint Presentation again; Listening to the Study again And/Or Want a full Outline of the Study, Please visit: www.berita-bethel-ung.com
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.