Presentation on theme: "2 nd Part: Genesis 22:1-6 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!" "Here I am," he replied. 2 Then God said, "Take your son, your."— Presentation transcript:
2 nd Part: Genesis 22:1-6 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!" "Here I am," he replied. 2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about." 3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you." 6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife.
Intro: God called Abraham in Mt. Moriah. One of the highest mountain to offer his one and only son Isaac. God called Abraham in Mt. Moriah. One of the highest mountain to offer his one and only son Isaac.
(Old English “WORTHSHIP”) Worthy of Who He is and what He is What is Worship? (Old English “WORTHSHIP”) Worthy of Who He is and what He is To express reverence –feelings of deep respect or devotion To have a sense of Awe –Man’s response to an awareness of the presence of God. To bow down knee before God –“To attribute WORTH” to someone
Proposition: Worship Is an attitude of the heart. It is the reverent occupation of the Human heart with its creator.True Worship comes from a sincere HEART.
Today let’s look at what Abraham did when he worshipped God.
1. God Commanded Abraham to go and Worship. (Gen. 22:2) a)Every child of God must be a praiser and worshipper. b)“Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness..” Psalm 96:8-9
2. Abraham’s Test of Obedience a) A test to his sincerity and integrity of his commitment. b)Sacrifice of his precious son (VS. 2,3) - Sacrifice is the greatest evidence of LOVE.
3. Act of worship is a costly one. a)His very best and highest offering. b)Demands everything we are and have. c)Complete surrender of our whole self (Roms. 12:1). Example DAVID – “shall I offer to God that which cost me nothing?” (I Chro. 21:24)
4. The act of Worship, Is an Act of Faith a) Hardest mountain to climb not of its height but of pain b) Every steps he took that day was a step of faith (Gen 22:5)
5. The Surrender of Self a) Prepared to offer Isaac and also Himself b) His plans, desires, ambitions and future to His boy.
6. Abraham’s Worship Glorifies God. a) That in blessings I will bless thee, in multiplying, I will multiply thee. (Gen 22:16-18).
CONCLUSION: Abraham climbed the high mountain with faith and obedience just to worship his God, how about you?