Presentation on theme: "The 7 Modern Wonders of the World By: Ryan Wong. 1. Chichen Itza, Mexico It was build by the Mayans, out of stone. It had many important rooms. There."— Presentation transcript:
1. Chichen Itza, Mexico It was build by the Mayans, out of stone. It had many important rooms. There was a ball-court, where the loser team was sacrificed.
2. Machu Picchu, Peru It was home to the Incan ruler, Pachacutec. The stones were well-carved to withstand many earthquakes. There are many viewpoints to view the area from.
3. Christ Redeemer, Brazil The statue represents Jesus, with his arms out to welcome people near and far. The statue was inaugurated on October 12, 1931, on the day of Our Lady of Aparecida.
4. The Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt It was also in the ancient 7 wonders of the world list, and is the only one. It was build for Khufu, a ruler of Egypt.
5. The Great Colosseum, Italy It was build in only 9 years. It was free to the Romans, and they were also fed there. Over 400,000 people died in the Colosseum. The Colosseum had a blind to protect the people from rain.
6. Great Wall of China, China Many people died building the wall. There are many sections of the wall that were build by different dynasties, so as a result, they aren’t all connected.
7. Taj Mahal, India It took many years to build it. It was dedicated to Mumtaz Mahal, the wife of Shah Jahan, the ruler of India.
The End! Thank you for taking time to read this hopefully not so boring presentation!
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.