Presentation on theme: "Montserrat volcanic eruption quiz. 1. What region of the world is Montserrat?"— Presentation transcript:
Montserrat volcanic eruption quiz
1. What region of the world is Montserrat?
2. Which 2 plates met to cause the creation of the volcano?
3. What type of plate boundary is this?
4. What is the capital of Montserrat?
5. Where were the people who were killed by the eruption a) In the capital of Plymouth b) In the north of the island c) In villages in the Exclusion Zone
4. True or false? 1.Between houses were destroyed by the pyroclastic flows on 25 June The best land for farming was in the north of the island. 3.W.H. Bramble Airport was destroyed by pyroclastic flows on 25 June Ash deposits from pyroclastic surges are extremely hot and can cause severe burns. 5. All the people in the Exclusion Zone were authorised to be there. True False
True or false? 1.Trees in Farrell's yard were broken and flattened by pyroclastic surges. 2.Deposits from pyroclastic flows and surges covered an area of 9 square kilometres. 3.The intense heat from the pyroclastic surges caused soil to become hard baked, like clay True False 4. Aluminium could withstand the intense heat of the pyroclastic surges 5. The power of the pyroclastic flows caused intense scouring to the rock of the valley walls.