Presentation on theme: "Vocabulary List 4 Q1 4!. Standard ELACC8L6: Acquire and use accurately grade- appropriate general academic and domain- specific words and phrases; gather."— Presentation transcript:
Standard ELACC8L6: Acquire and use accurately grade- appropriate general academic and domain- specific words and phrases; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
1. Magnitude Magnitude (noun) a great extent; a great importance; an immense size Example: You cannot begin to imagine the magnitude of my appreciation towards you. Example: The magnitude of talent on the team is undeniable.
2. Fathom Fathom (v.) to understand; to comprehend Example: I cannot possibly fathom the amount of courage it takes to become a soldier. Example: The number of stars in the universe is simply unfathomable. Word Forms: unfathomable; fathomable; fathoms
3. Indebted Indebted (adj.) owing someone gratitude or thanks for a favor Example: I am indebted to you for your kindness. Example: I feel indebted to Sarah for helping me study for the English test.
4. Dauntless Dauntless (adj.) fearless Example: The dauntless superhero sped to the crime scene to save the day. Example: A feeling of dauntlessness filled the boy as he jumped in the river to save his sister from drowning. Word Forms: Dauntlessness
5. Indubitable Indubitable (adj.) undeniable; certain; unquestionable; indisputable Example: It is indubitable that we will have a lot of homework in math. Example: This pizza is indubitably delicious! Word Forms: Indubitably
Magnitude (noun) extent; importance; immense size Fathom (v.) to understand; to comprehend Indebted (adj.) owing someone gratitude for a favor Dauntless (adj.) fearless Indubitable (adj.) undeniable; certain; unquestionable; indisputable