1. What + 東西 / 事情 / 人物 ….? What time (when) 、 what place(where) 、 What people(who) 、 What reason (why) 、 What method (How) 、 What size 、 What kind of what color 、 what shape…. 針對 what 後面的 主詞選最合理最正確的選項. 2. Where – 找到合理的地點或位置, 注意時態、 主詞及動作 3. When 可指時代、世紀、年 / 月 / 日、星期幾、 幾點鐘, 不可用一段時限, 如六小時、五週 、十年等。 what time – 幾點幾分, How long – 一段時間。
4. Why – 問的 是〝為什麼〞, 則選已答出 〝理由 / 原因〞的選項優先, 並注意 時態及理由的 合理性. “Why don’t/doesn’t S+V….” 則並非要問 理由或原因, 而是強烈建議. 如 : Why don’t we just call it a day? ( 我看我們今天到此為止吧 ) “How come …” = “Why…” 5. Who - 問的 是〝什麼人〞, 則選身份及職稱 選項優先. 6. Who/Whose 的 問句, 最可能的答案是合宜 人選的名字、 頭銜、或機關名稱.
7. Which - 問的 是〝哪一個〞, 以答出哪一個 人、事、物、地等合理的 選項為原則. 8. How – a. 問〝如何〞, 則回答必須是〝方式〞. b. 問〝怎麼樣〞, 則回答必須是〝情況〞 9. How much(many)…. 回答 “ 數量 ” 或 “ 金額 ” How far …. 回答 “ 一段距離 ” How long…. 回答 “ 一段時間或長度 ” How often…. 回答 “ 頻率 ” How fast…. 回答 “ 速度有多快 ” How soon… 回答 “ 要多久 ”( 通常指未來 ) How well … 回答 “ 程度有多好 ” How late… 回答 “ 時間到何時 ”
10. How about…. a. How about + V-ing Q: How about going to a movie? A: Sure, why not./ Good idea/ Great. b. How about + 人 / 事 / 物 Q: How about a cigarette? A: Thanks, but no. Q: How about the girl over there? A: She’s not my cup of tea. C. How about if sb. do sth.? Q: How about if we take a break? A: I don’t think so.
11. What about…. 只有 “what about+ 人 / 事 / 物的 結構 Q: What about our new boss? A: She is pretty serious. Q: What about my new shoes? A: I think they’re too old-fashioned. 12. W/H 問句, 不可用 Yes/No 回答
1.What courses did you take this semester? A. I only took four, you know. B. To get a master’s degree, I had to take those course. C. I didn’t take any curse from his master. D. The same as I did the last semester. 2. What a mess! Somebody should do something. A. Never mind. I’ll do the math homework myself. B. A mass is a kind of religious service. C. Wow! I just love it. D. Don’t look at me.
3. What do you do, Terry? A. But I didn’t do anything to Terry. B. He used to be a flight attendant. C. Oh! How do you do, Mike? D. Me? I’m still trying to get a job. 4. Where on earth did you find my wallet? A. Just last night, around eight o’clock. B. Because you told me to find it for you. C. Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was yours. D. I just knew you might put it under the pillow.
5. Where will you go after you have visited Singapore? A. Yeah, Singapore is a wonderful place to visit. B. I’ll leave Singapore next month. C. Well, I have visited malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. D. Australia, and then New Zealand.
6. When you see Ben, tell him I said “Hello.” A. Oh, hello Ben! B. Ben said hello to you? C. OK, I’ll tell Ben you said hello to me. D. I sure will.
7. Who’s going to be elected the next president of the R.O.C.? A. Because we need smart and powerful person to be the president. B. Someone will be the present. C. Every citizen, man or woman, will have the right to vote. D. You tell me (How do I know)!
8. Who are you to judge me? A. me? I’m your high school classmate; don’t you remember? B. Oh, I’m sorry. Let me introduce myself first. C. Ah, I thought you knew the judge’s name. D. Well, if you don’t like my advice, that’s fine, but don’t get upset, OK?
9. Which of these five cell phones do you like best? A. I like the yellow one with big ears. B. I like the small, purple one better. C. I think that the motorola F4 is the worst. D. I think the silver-blue one is super cool.
10. How did you find your new job? A. In an old friend’s company. B. I’ll try hard to find it. C. It’s tough, but I’m getting used to it. D. Through an employment service center( 就業服務中心 ). 11. How did you like your previous( 之前的 ) laptop( 膝上型電腦 ) A. I sold it a long time ago. B. Yes, It could be used on my lap. C. Well, I like the one I’m using now. D. Actually I hated it. It gave me a lot of trouble.
12. How much did Nancy’s fancy new necklace cost her? A. She didn’t say, but it must have cost her a fortune. ( 一定花了他一大筆錢 ) B. She just bought it last month. C. She paid for it by credit card. D. It’s made of real pearls. 13. How far it is to the planetarium( 天文台 )? A. About twenty-five minutes by taxi. B. You can get there by bus number 276. C. It’s just by the city library. D. Yes, it is very far from here.
14. How long did the interview last? A. About fifty meters from the gate. B. It began in the last few minutes. C. There were about five people inter- viewed at last. D. Less than twenty-five minutes, I guess. 15. How often do you get a medical check-up? A. I always go to that big city hospital to get one. B. I always check on medicine twice a month. C. Just next month, I suppose. D. Once a year, I suppose.
16. How fast can you type? A. About fifty words per minute. B. Twenty pages a time. C. With very few mistakes. D. About fifty words per minute. 17. How soon can you finish writing up the report? A. By noon the day after tomorrow, at the latest. B. I can start writing it immediately. C. It’s going to be perfect; I guarantee you. D. It’s going to be sixteen pages long.
18. Does Cathy plan to major in business administration( 企管 ) ? A. Yes, Cathy plans to do business with the major.( 少校 ) B. No, she plans to go to college in the States.( 美國 ) C. Yes, she plans to work for the Business Registration Office ( 企業登記局 ). D. No, she wants to be an information management( 資管 ) major.
19. Do you think it’ll rain hard( 下大雨 ) tomorrow? A. Yes, it rained very hard. B. No, it never rains but it pours. ( 不下則已, 一雨傾盆 ) C. OK, we’ll train hard, starting tomorrow. D. Not likely.( 不太可能 )
20. Did you hear the news? A tour bus just fell from the winding mountain road and down to the valley a few hours ago. A. Really? That’s great! B. But nowadays everybody has had the same experiences. C. Well, I think they deserved it. ( 活該 ) D. Ugh! How terrible!