1. These machines have not yet been invented 2. He prefers to stay away from cities 3. He does not want to have anything to do with machines 4. He lives in an area where these things have not yet come into use
But- signals contrast Next- signals the following step in a process So- signals a result Because and On Account Of- indicate cause
1. Think about nothing but getting rich 2. Steal what others have worked hard to get 3. Have bad tempers 4. Mistreat their dogs
1. Angry 2. Timid 3. Stubborn 4. Self-reliant
1. Was insensitive to suffering 2. Used good judgment 3. Loved animals 4. Acted selfishly
1. Walt Masters is not a very large boy, because there is manliness in his make-up. 2. On account of the poor lead dog, the sled kept going off the trail. 3. No snow had fallen for weeks, so the trail was hard and icy.