1) What was Germany’s key economic problem in 1933? Be specific! Unemployment! 6 million unemployed in 1933
2) Name two things the Nazis did to solve this. TWO OF THESE THREE WILL DO! 1)Huge building programme – autobahns, schools, hospitals, houses… 2)Removed Jews & women from the unemployment register 3)Increase size of the army from 100,000 to 1.4m!
3) How successful were their policies, i.e. how many unemployed were there by 1939? None, the Nazis had “solved” unemployment
4) What is the word for forcing all young men aged 18-25 to join the army? Conscription!
5) Which Treaty banned this? Treaty of Versailles!!
6) What was the aim of the Office of the Four Year Plan? To make Germany ready for war within 4 YEARS